2018-19 State of European Men's skating | Page 6 | Golden Skate

2018-19 State of European Men's skating

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Obviously we're a ways away from Europeans, but it feels like the Euros men's podium could be much more competitive this year than it has been in some recent years, with some new or resurgent contenders outside of the Russian men and Javier Fernandez (who will be a big question mark until we actually see him, since he won't be competing beforehand).

Matteo and Deniss now have a few months to hopefully get that quad fully around.

npavel

On the Ice
with his skate from Golden Bear, Daniel Grassl would have been on the podium in SA, before Brezina, 4th in SC, 3rd in Finnland, 3rd at NHK, putting Rizzo in 4th

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
the future looks bright for my country, unluckily daniel is still a junior and we all know anything can happen (like he could wake up one morning and feeling austrian XD)

Andrea82

Medalist
Vladimir Litvintsev (Azerbajan) has achieved the minimum FS TES for Senior Worlds at Volvo Cup this week. He already had the the SP minimum from Minsk competition

Aleksandr Lebedev (Belarus) has achieved the FS minimum at Volvo Cup. He doesn't have the SP minimum yet but he was quite close, he needs to add 1.5 point.

DenissVFan

Medalist
Sondre Oddvoll Bøe has also got the SP TES for Worlds at Volvo Cup but to my knowledge he doesn't have the FS minimum.

Andrea82

Medalist
Sondre Oddvoll Bøe has also got the SP TES for Worlds at Volvo Cup but to my knowledge he doesn't have the FS minimum.

yes, exactly.
The FS minimum is 66 if using a 2017-18 result or 64 points on a 2018-19 result.
His best FS TES from last season is 60.32. Therefore, he needs to achieve it this season. So far his best is 56.82 (Finland Trophy).

Always at Volvo Cup, Nikolaj Majorov (Sweden) has achived the minimum TES for Euros in the SP. He already had the FS minimum. His brother finished in top 10 last year, so Sweden have 2 spots

npavel

On the Ice
Challenger series: CS Inge Solar Memorial - Alpen Trophy 2018
Grassl 4Lz 3A 3Lz+3T , 50,07tec and 33,35 pcs for a total of 83,42 points.
He is young, 16 years, but definitively in age to be senior and I hope to see him at Euros

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
:hap10: i don't see who else they should send, we got 2 spots, one is rizzo's the second one can't go to righini (is he still competing?)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
now that fernandez has retired i can see my flag in the victory ceremony :biggrin:

Javi is retiring after this season's Euros. It's possible that Matteo could podium still but I think this season would likely be Javi, Brezina, and one of the Russian men.

eppen

Medalist
Country
Spain
Would be funny to have a podium with Fernandez, Brezina and Voronov :cool:

Yes! It might also very well be that considering how bad the younger guys have been performing so far... But anything can happen in two months.

elektra blue

mother of skaters
Record Breaker
Country
Italy
Javi is retiring after this season's Euros. It's possible that Matteo could podium still but I think this season would likely be Javi, Brezina, and one of the Russian men.

preferably vornov :biggrin: anyway we can't really tell, men are always messy

my dream podium is fernandez, voronov and rizzo in any order :biggrin:

silverfoxes

Record Breaker

Funny - no. Fun - yes :thumbsup: I mean, they've all medaled there before, so why would it be funny? I just think the Russian Fed will do whatever they can to keep Sergei off the team, like usual. But we'll see what happens.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
So there will be no 'brothers in arms' at Europeans. Sad for Nikolaj not getting the qualyfication techs. Gabriel being missed since junior grand prix; injury, focusing on school or...? Would have liked to see a fight for the second spot at Swedish nationals. Only Alexander and Illya are qualified. Hope they skate well at nationals preparing for the championships!