Team Elena Ilinykh & Yulia Lipnitskaya | Golden Skate

Team Elena Ilinykh & Yulia Lipnitskaya

bramweld

Record Breaker
What do you guys think about this new combo? They've had one training camp in Staritsa and a Master Class in Moscow. They also plan to have another short training camp in Moscow come May 1 -11th.

Will this business model work? Will they ultimately need to join a more successful coaching team as Ksenia Monko and Ruslan Zhiganshin have done?

Just wondering out loud.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I don’t think I’ve ever seen Yulia this happy before. She seems like she is in a good place right now and I think her and Elena are an awesome team.

No need to go straight into coaching. They can do these clinics and get a feel for things. A lot can be learned without too much commitment. I really think the students love it too.

Only time will tell how serious it gets but I think they are doing a good thing though. We’ve had a few well known skaters come in and do clinics in my area. It means a lot to those who can participate.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This is so cool! I know if I were a young skater, I would be thrilled to take some kind of workshop / clinic with an Olympian!

Lana05

Final Flight
So they travel across the whole country now. Do they have any plans to stop somewhere, in a small city and train for a long time after being invited by local authorities or other coaches/ students?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
They’ve don clinics in Romania too! I am not sure if they’ve thought of a long term home to establish a permanent camp but for now they seem to be having a lot of fun and probably learning a lot. I like the strategy to do these clinics. We call them workshops in the US and I think it’s a good way for them to see if they like coaching and want to pursue it further.

I wish them and their students lots of success! It looks like a great experience:)

https://youtu.be/JZcL6Do0ETg