2018-19 Canadian figure skating

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Last edited by a moderator:

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
It should be noted: 10 of the 15 junior ice dance teams that competed at Nationals are confirmed to have split.

From that carnage one new team has formed: Galiyanova/Lochhead.

Olivia McIsaac, Lee Royer, Jason Chan, Kaitlyn Chubb, and Jade McCue are on Ice Partner Search. Fabbri and Pietrantonio were also on there earlier this year. It's going to be a different field in juniors than we are used to.

russianfan

Match Penalty
Welcome again to all fans (and critics) of Canadian skating!

are you sure critics are also welcomed? :) i mean, i often prefer being critical, but i'm not sure that would be welcomed in most these "state of" threads (not only canadian one) :)

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
are you sure critics are also welcomed? :) i mean, i often prefer being critical, but i'm not sure that would be welcomed in most these "state of" threads (not only canadian one) :)

there is a difference with objective and constructive criticism versus bashing. Even among Canadians we have a lot of disagreements about our skaters... however, we have GOOD intentions towards them, we want them to succeed... so we suggest things ... one of the fun ones was when O4G and I were pretty much yelling at Gabby to drop her 3lz-3t and just go for 3t-3t.... we were being critical of her layout... but we had good intentions.. strangely enough, the following competition, Gabby brought her 3t-3t to the SP and started doing much better on the circuit. Many people, if we stick with Gabby complained about her gladiator music...but it wasn't to diss her like some did with Kaetlyn's swan... it was to suggest that she used the orchestral and more powerful version.

There is a way one can word things to avoid sounding like they are purposely bashing our skaters... some users only show up when there are bad news like splits or injuries... some users come when there is drama like coaching changes... we tend to know who is there to discuss positively and those who are not there for that.

In general, we are very welcoming... and we will let people know when they cross the line ... it's not a fan fest but it doesn't mean that people can come here to bash Canadian skaters or any skaters as a matter of fact.

This being said, I am not a mod, nor the OP... i just thought I would jump in because that's ONE of the only thread I am willing to write in, and when it goes sour, I just lose interest.... and that's sad, isn't it?

StephenGfan

Final Flight
Hello! I am new to this thread and am looking forward to posting in here. I am a fan of V/M and stephen.G but also like a few other Canadian skaters.

StephenGfan

Final Flight
How do you guys think stephen will fair in his first JGP? will he win everything with those quads or will he have some competition?

kenboy123

On the Ice
How do you guys think stephen will fair in his first JGP? will he win everything with those quads or will he have some competition?

I don't follow figure skating much outside of the seniors, who is Stephen???...and is the winning everything just a hyperbole???

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
With somebody in Gogolev's age range, it's really impossible to predict what shape he'll be in in six months. He could shoot up several inches and have his jumps messed up for a while, or he could be in top form.

I don't follow figure skating much outside of the seniors, who is Stephen???...and is the winning everything just a hyperbole???
Stephen Gogolev, the 13-year-old boy wonder of Canadian men's skating, coached by Orser. Has lots of quads. He's eligible for the international junior scene this coming year, so it's a matter of much interest how he does.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Can hardly believe that it’s been 5 years since Canada hosted GPF or an ISU Championship. Nice to see two major events in consecutive seasons.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
If Stephen skates well, he'll be a contender at every event. Most junior guys don't have consistent quads and lots don't have consistent 3A. Content-wise he's very competitive. Depends on how he delivers. But we shouldn't count on consistency right out of the gate. He doesn't have a lot of international experience, guys with quads aren't generally that consistent anyways, and he could grow.

LadyB

Record Breaker
I'm also looking forward to Stephen's JGP debut. Team Orser always gets my vote, but he's as special to me as Javi and Yuzu. We never know what puberty will do to him, but I hope he copes well and livens up the boys competition.

jillredhand

Record Breaker
:cheer: :cheer: :cheer: I have bought my tickets for the Grand Prix Final, it was just too near to me to pass up. Now I don't know how I'm going to get through the next 8 months of waiting.