2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 107 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
rumours were that they split but it was never confirmed

rumours said then that they must have been trying to figure things out

rumours said that they came back together..

notice the first word of each sentence :)

emdee

Final Flight
Well it was certainly not a stellar worlds for Canada. They didn't win one medal. They had no real upstart or some young skater who looked super promising. On the positive and it was just barely they earned two spots for ladies. And despite no medal from Weapo or G P they earned three spots. Two spots were earned from MTM / M but they failed to move up and trent and evelyn were not exactly earth shatteringly good or promising - nothign real good stood out. The men were disasterous in that they lost a spot and are down to one. Either one really were capable of top 8 even higher. They barely hung on to a spot for WTT. If this had been an olympic year it would have been a first for them to be not a medal threat as a team. They will have to rebuild. Pairs really is MTM -M only. Dance really are two teams going no where it seems. The Danadians? Who knows.
Ladies is very sad unless Gabby recovers or Kaetlyn comes back fiercely. The men - Stephen G is a few years away still. Well rebuild Canada right now the ship is sinking.

Skater Boy why is it you always come to burst our happy Canadian bubbles? We read we ken...

Doom and gloom indeed.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
funny how i don't feel any of this doom and gloom even about medal-less worlds... i just enjoy our skaters so much and encourage them...plus lala's gold at jwc makes up for everything

Osmond4gold

Record Breaker
Skater Boy why is it you always come to burst our happy Canadian bubbles? We read we ken...

Doom and gloom indeed.

Some if they could, would love to make Pollyanna pout. But hey, the glass is never 1/2 empty here, no matter how hard some may try. ;)

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am so happy for both Lubov and Charlie. I was sad Lubov missed last Olympics because her partner had a bad accident right before the nationals. Without that accident they would have no problem qualifying. Charlie was another skater whom I wanted to see skating. Of course I also miss Julianne Séguin. I hope she also finds a partner. From the net I understood she must have had some try outs in January. Now it's end of March. I guess no news is bad news.
And OMG, I am impressed by Lubov speaking both English and French so well.

Roo87

Medalist
OMG, I am impressed by Lubov speaking both English and French so well.

I know!! Her English is impressive, and her French is better than most Canadians who are forced to learn French in junior high/high school.

aname

On the Ice

blue_idealist

Record Breaker
They look great! :) I'm really excited for this partnership. They seem to be really well-matched physically.

I hope that Julianne will be able to find a partner who is a good fit for her... or she could come back to singles. ;)

Yeah, with the way things are going in Canadian women's singles, she might have at least a shot at a Worlds spot.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
folks, Julianne was asked a while ago if she were contemplating skating as singles.. and she said a strong NO.
On top of that, she never had some of the must haves needed to be competitive with the elite. Some of our ladies have those (3-3 combos for instance).. let' s not denigrate the talent, though it is not in abundance right now, that we have.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I am sure both Aurora and Gaby are able to do gorgeous 3-3s. Aurora had a 3F3T when she won Canadian juniors. But She had to change that when the flip was used as a single jump . Ever since I have't seen her doing that combination again. She replaced it with 3T3T, and then she changed coaches and bum had a hip fracture. Poor coach, after dealing Kaetlyn's accident, now Aurora...He must be a very good psychologist. I was impressed with Aurora's skating after that accident. Now hip is a big bone, I wander what kind of fracture she had.
I don't see Julianne well, especially that we only have 2 spots in women. And I don't even know how the GP is affected by the less stellar performance of our girls.

Scout

Final Flight
Another new pairs team, Natasha Purich and Bryce Chudak. They'll be training in Pierrefonds with the coaching team of Langlois and Hay.

What a surprise! Definitely didn't expect this. Happy to see another pair competing at the senior level.

I am not so good with pairs, other than the big ones, did they skate with different partners...are they juniors?

Natasha has had a lot of different partners, most notably competing for one year at the senior level with Mervin Tran years ago. I don't think Bryce has ever competed senior, but I could be wrong. They are both too old for juniors now.