2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 108 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
Yeah, with the way things are going in Canadian women's singles, she might have at least a shot at a Worlds spot.

Okay let's don't get too crazy. She still would need some consistent bigger triples like at least the flip or lutz. Things could change if Daleman continues to heal and Kaetlyn comes back in reasonable shape Julianne would be fighting for bronze which is a non world going spot. I wonder after WTT will Chartrand pack it in if she doesn't show some glimmer.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Okay let's don't get too crazy. She still would need some consistent bigger triples like at least the flip or lutz. Things could change if Daleman continues to heal and Kaetlyn comes back in reasonable shape Julianne would be fighting for bronze which is a non world going spot. I wonder after WTT will Chartrand pack it in if she doesn't show some glimmer.

skaterboy.. julianne has all her triples but the axel... gosh... you should get some knowledge before judging.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
this is julianne at 16 at 4cc..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ti47qgohl3M

2 lutzes, a salchow, 2 toes were landed etc

the point i am making though is that although a competent jumper, she shines more in pairs.

Thank you for the link. That was a very good program from Julianne, but I hate to say that, it was 6 years ago. Her 3Lzs were insane. Are they still there? I agree she did shine in pairs more than in single skating. I really want her to come back soon. She needs to find a partner.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
skaterboy.. julianne has all her triples but the axel... gosh... you should get some knowledge before judging.

She no longer "has" all those triples and she was never the most consistent. 4everchan you should think before you write. Saying someone has their triples, formerly having them is not the same. Remember she has been issues even with the triple loop. Now Megan Duhamel did have the triple lutz.

Weathergal

Medalist
She no longer "has" all those triples and she was never the most consistent. 4everchan you should think before you write. Saying someone has their triples, formerly having them is not the same. Remember she has been issues even with the triple loop. Now Megan Duhamel did have the triple lutz.

i would imagine Meagan still does...

(And perhaps Julianne does as well -- just because she had troubles on the loop doesn't mean she doesn't have her lutz.)

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Alaine already said she's doing another season, I believe.
I really hope you are right. I love Alaine, and from my point of view I want her to keep skating indefinitely, though that's not possible. While I understand how emotions might hamper any action more or less, I think Alaine needs a psychologist even more than a coach. She is a gorgeous skater, but I suspect her head is not helping at all.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
What about Mervin Tran he always seems open to switching partners and countries and he has ties to Canada.

mervin just posted on instagram saying he is finally happy about skating with his new usa partner (olivia)... so i don't think he would say that if he wanted to try with julianne.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

but how do you know if she has her lutz or not anymore... ? Julianne's lutz was her best jump.... and it's not the same to do SBS jumps than solo... she doesn't have to match the timing of a close to 6 foot tall man

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Julianne would have to compete as a single against the other Canadian girls and show she could be competitive. It's one thing to be able to do a lutz and quite another to deliver that lutz consistently in the context of a long program, along with all the other elements that she really hasn't been doing for the past 6 years. Perhaps that's why she has dismissed the idea of going back to singles.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Julianne would have to compete as a single against the other Canadian girls and show she could be competitive. It's one thing to be able to do a lutz and quite another to deliver that lutz consistently in the context of a long program, along with all the other elements that she really hasn't been doing for the past 6 years. Perhaps that's why she has dismissed the idea of going back to singles.

yup... i agree with that... i never suggested she should come back as a singles skater... she ruled that idea herself.... however, let's give Julianne the appropriate credit she deserves... she did have all her triples as a teenager... made the 4CC team, was a solid jumper with a great lutz, her best jump... BUT she never had a 3-3 in competition, and everyone agrees that as a singles skater, she didn't shine as much as when she was skating in pairs...

so let's go back to this :

who else in Canada (or anywhere else) could be a good partner for Julianne? I think Julianne would stay with Josée Picard so that may make things a bit harder for international prospects. .. but if Justine could get a guy like Mark... why not Julianne?

Sabrina

Record Breaker
I repeat, the only information I have about Julianne is that she was supposed to have some try outs in January. I don't know what happened but no news is not good news in this case. I am unaware of the Canadian or not, men availability at Julianne's level.

furyflame

Rinkside
Gabby has been posting more skating content on Instagram (which I love) and boy does it look like she’s trying to up her game for WTT.

She did a loop - her most inconsistent jump - with a beautiful entry. She also did a 2A-eu-3F combo and a 2A3T(tano). I don’t think we’ll be seeing her conventional jump layout at WTT.

fzztsimmons

On the Ice
Gabby has been posting more skating content on Instagram (which I love) and boy does it look like she’s trying to up her game for WTT.

She did a loop - her most inconsistent jump - with a beautiful entry. She also did a 2A-eu-3F combo and a 2A3T(tano). I don’t think we’ll be seeing her conventional jump layout at WTT.

I honestly can't even tell you what I'd give for Gabby to keep fighting and come back and smash the next few seasons. Especially as it looks like Kaetlyn Osmond is definitely skipping next season (she's taking part in Tessa & Scott's "Rock the Rink" tour all through all the fall, so she at minimum is missing the GP season) so she really has no competition from a national point of view.

Noxchild

Medalist
Country
Canada
Ahh... is Kaetlyn really gone from competitive skating now? I confess I look like a moron if so, since I was 100% convinced she was just taking a break and reassuring all naysayers she was gonna come back and SLAY! from now on... :scard8: Of course I can't begrudge her a happy retirement, especially since the competition is only going to get tougher from hereon, and she looks like she is having so much fun, but alas...