Koatterce

On the Ice
Country
Canada
Camille Perreault is now with William St Louis
They were at NextGen camp together per her instagram

Scout

Final Flight
Am I missing something, or is Skate Canada doing a poor job updating their website? Their summer series info seems like it's still 2018, they didn't have a press release or photos from the NextGen camp...

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Am I missing something, or is Skate Canada doing a poor job updating their website? Their summer series info seems like it's still 2018, they didn't have a press release or photos from the NextGen camp...

was the same last couple years

Scout

Final Flight
^^^Thank You! For some reason, I thought Skate Canada was better about updating this stuff...I do remember that one year they had an announcement about the NextGen camp right before it happened, and then another press release afterwards, with pictures and tweets and stuff...oh well.

silver.blades

Medalist
Country
Canada
Skate Canada is notoriously bad at updating their website. They still haven't uploaded the dance patterns. It's been year. I have to use the USFA site which has them as open source.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
Which ladies can Canada send to the GP in the upcoming season? How many spots do they have? The only names I can think of are

Gabby,
Alaine,
Aurora,
Alison,
Alicia Pineault

Scout

Final Flight
I think there are 3 guaranteed host spots for Skate Canada, plus Gabby is guaranteed two events due to her Worlds placement. I'm guessing Skate Canada will give her one of their spots.

Aside from that, I don't think there are guarantees for any other skater, as they are all outside the top 24 of the world ranking or season best. After Gabby, Alaine is the top ranked Canadian lady, and her rankings are 47 (World Standing) and 55 (Season Best). Veronik is the next ranked Canadian on the list.

Alison and Aurora are both young enough for JGP.

Ziotic

Medalist
I think there are 3 guaranteed host spots for Skate Canada, plus Gabby is guaranteed two events due to her Worlds placement. I'm guessing Skate Canada will give her one of their spots.

Aside from that, I don't think there are guarantees for any other skater, as they are all outside the top 24 of the world ranking or season best. After Gabby, Alaine is the top ranked Canadian lady, and her rankings are 47 (World Standing) and 55 (Season Best). Veronik is the next ranked Canadian on the list.

Alison and Aurora are both young enough for JGP.

I’m 99% sure that both Alison and Aurora will go senior next season. IMO it’s the smart thing for them to do. They both have shown they can land all their triple and do 3-3 which places them on par with Alaine.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I hope to see Gabby really make a comeback and Alaine. Alaine showed such promise; I am glad she is still skating. Good for her for continuing after a couple of disappointing years. Some may say Celine Dion is too light for competition for Gabby but I hope it fires her up and makes for a fierce program.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I’m 99% sure that both Alison and Aurora will go senior next season. IMO it’s the smart thing for them to do. They both have shown they can land all their triple and do 3-3 which places them on par with Alaine.

I'd expect to see them at SCI and also at Challenge events.

Sabrina

Record Breaker
Didn't Aurora place second at the last Nationals? I know she struggled as she had that hip fracture. I hope she is better and got her triples back. I have confidence in her coach, after Ravi Walia managed to inspire Kaetlyn who was on the brink of quitting skating. I am also happy Alaine keeps skating. I love her, and I hope she can get some phycologist as a coach as her biggest problem is in her head.

Roo87

Medalist
Didn't Aurora place second at the last Nationals?

She did! but Gabby wasn't in proper form, and Alicia wasn't there. I have nothing against Aurora, I honestly think she could be Canada's next great female skater. She could go senior, but it's going to be a bloodbath for that second spot at worlds.

chuckm

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
She [Aurora C] did [place second at Nationals]! but Gabby wasn't in proper form, and Alicia wasn't there. I have nothing against Aurora, I honestly think she could be Canada's next great female skater. She could go senior, but it's going to be a bloodbath for that second spot at worlds.

Remember who placed first? Alaine Chartrand, who went on to place 16th at 4CC and 23rd at Worlds. Ever since her disastrous season with the 3A, Alaine seems to have lost her mojo.

Scout

Final Flight

I think you're right that they'll go senior, and while I don't think it's a bad choice per se, I also don't think it would be a bad thing, especially for Alison, to do another junior year. She may be on par with Alaine jump-wise, but could use another junior year to continue to gain experience, develop as a skater, work more on PCS and so on. I don't understand the rush. Is it the chance to go to Worlds in Montreal?

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
Hmm. I hadn't thought about who Skate Canada would invite in the ladies field to SC.

I kind of think they'll invite both Gabby & Alaine as you have a National Champion that is different from the highest finisher at Worlds and as Alaine probably needs the invite while Gabby can probably sell more tickets.

It's funny because I don't actually feel this way about the men, where I think they'll invite Nam and send Keegan to Skate America instead. I'm asking myself if there's really that big a difference in the two scenarios, and I don't know that there is. Perhaps just that I think there are more guys who need those other two berths at SC. (And why do I think that? On some days I don't know; but there are Canadian guys ranked higher on the SB list than the Canadian ladies in the hunt so at least my reasoning has some validity).

Anyway Cotop has an argument for SC with her finish at Nationals. Mallet has an argument for it with her SB score. Pineault & Schumacher would probably need for the invite to come down to best summer scores, which it often does.