2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 5 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
Under current regulations they can't ship wine out of province. Technically, consumers can't carry it over provincial borders either, but they don't have anybody at the border to stop you. It led to some interesting conversations in our family when we carried some wine over the Alberta/BC border multiple times in a week (hiking and shopping in Alberta, camped at Kicking Horse in BC).

The feds have relaxed their restrictions, but the provinces have to get on board as well, and few have. This is a hot topic in the Okanagan.

i have had wine shipped to QC from BC :) but it's indeed not "legal" .... SAQ in Quebec is very strict... every import has to be done through them... of course, it doesn't really work like that but I can understand, due to Patrick's popularity that FRC has decided to play clean... good news, these laws are supposed to be made less difficult... but we will see..

Mango

Royal Chinet 👑🍽️
Record Breaker
Lubov's on vacation. Maybe she'll get the news when she returns. She was still training at Cricket Club prior to her vacation.

---

There are two figure skating events this weekend. 2018 Ursula Lehming Scarboro Skate and 2018 United Cycle Sunsational. There may be a live stream of the latter here.

Looking ahead to the summer there a few events already announced.

Skate Ontario Sectional Series Event #1
July 26-29, 2018
Gloucester, ON

Wild Rose Invitational Competition
August 2-6, 2018
Leduc, AB

2018 Super Series BC SummerSkate
August 16-19, 2018
Burnaby, BC

Skate Ontario Sectional Series Event #2
August 16-19, 2018
North York, ON

The event in North York is also a part of the North American Series (per Skate Ontario) so expect to maybe see some American skaters as well.

Before the summer there is also the 2018 Super Series Victoria Day in Surrey, BC running May 18-20. This one is definitely live streamed.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
yup indeed.... my boy became a champion.... then he became a man.... then he became an artist.... and now, he is a legend.... all in 10 years....

:)

It was a great experience to 'discover' him in my perspective and then follow his career forward, reminisce about his past at the same time. He became a lot things during those 10 years, transforming and changing, but the skill, craft, capability to amaze just rose up, alluring more people with time. And yes, first it was champion and that was just an entry to things, signature he'll be known and recognizable for ages: flow, edge quality, musicality, sensibility in movement, making quiet moments sing, making his body to perform like an instrument, making people quiet and mesmerized. It is truly a gift to have such programs, performances to re-watch and to have been a witness of such skater in his competitive years:)

and :hb: belated for 14,000 posts!!!

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
:)

It was a great experience to 'discover' him in my perspective and then follow his career forward, reminisce about his past at the same time. He became a lot things during those 10 years, transforming and changing, but the skill, craft, capability to amaze just rose up, alluring more people with time. And yes, first it was champion and that was just an entry to things, signature he'll be known and recognizable for ages: flow, edge quality, musicality, sensibility in movement, making quiet moments sing, making his body to perform like an instrument, making people quiet and mesmerized. It is truly a gift to have such programs, performances to re-watch and to have been a witness of such skater in his competitive years:)

and :hb: belated for 14,000 posts!!!

thank you for the cheers and for the kind words regarding Patrick...

My only regret about is retirement is exactly that : we won't get to see complex competitive programs skated to perfection... or simply new complex competitive programs... every time he canceled an event this year... i couldn't help but think... damn it... we won't have a clean version of DITW or Hallulujah.... Considering the OG were only his third event of the year, Patrick did well but usually he needs 5-6 events to start really performing a new program.... so that was my disappointment... Imagine these two programs, without falls.. without pops....

I think the Onyx performances remain the most promising ones of the year.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Joseph Phan and Jeffrey Buttle are working on the former's new program at the moment, per Instagram. "Definitely a change from Buble", per Jeff.

SarahSynchro

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
I have Canadian news! Gather round, everyone! Canada’s newest skating fan was born early this morning (April 24th) at 2:27AM. :) That’s right, NewDaughter has arrived 13 days ahead of schedule with a very short 2.5 hour labour, ending in a completely unplanned home birth in my parents’ spare bedroom. It could only be described as something right out of a sitcom, as is my whole life with my insane SynchroFam, in a nutshell. She is all ready to be christened as an up and coming Canadian skater’s uberfan! When we weren’t cat napping today, we spent lots of time watching non stop figure skating on YouTube; bless this hospital and their free wifi. We watched all the Olympic short and free programs for ladies and ice dance, and then got caught up on the 2018 world synchro championship freeskates. Gotta get them interested early, yknow. ;)

It worked for Yuzudaughter, I mean, kind of.. until she took ome glimpse at a certain purple short program costume last year and fell in love.. :tantrum: :laugh:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Congrats SarahSychro!! What wonderful news!! :hb:

jillredhand

Record Breaker
Ahhh! Congrats, Sarah!!! Thank you for your dedication to procreating a new generation of Canadian skating fans, you're amazing!