Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65

Thread: 2018-2019 Canadian Skating Season

You Know I'm a FS Fan... BillNeal's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Mrs. P View Post
    Kevin Reynolds and Alaine Chartrand both got a second GP spot at Skate America!

https://isu.org/docman-documents-lin...-6-events/file
    https://isu.org/docman-documents-lin...-6-events/file
    Good for Chartrand but may be exhausting to do back to back events.

Also, an early faceoff at SA between two Canadian men's podium contenders; will be exciting

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Good luck to all the competitors at GTSA Summer Skate! I had planned to go today but now I'm wondering now if tomorrow will be more ideal, since with unerring instinct the roofers just arrived (instead of yesterday) to do some diagnosis of leaks. We'll see how it goes. Either way I'm excited to see this competition.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;) siberia82's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    I just wanted to post these before the start of the GTSA Summer Skate; they were all cut from the Patinage Québec archived livestream:

Fournier Beaudry & Soerensen RD: https://www.dailymotion.com/video/x6s3ig8

Their FD: https://vimeo.com/284633424

Soucisse & Firus RD: https://vimeo.com/284513095 They withdrew from the free dance.

1 Not allowed!
    Looking over the JGP assignments so far, in ice dance we've thus far got:

JGP Slovakia
    Fabbri/Ayer
    Bashynska/Beaumont

JGP Austria
    Lajoie/Lagha
    D'Alessandro/Waddell

JGP Lithuania
    Galiyanova/Lochhead
    Stairs/Graham

JGP Canada
    Lajoie/Lagha
    Makita/Gunara
    McIsaac/Circelli

There are three JGPs still to go, so it will be interesting to see who else besides Marjorie and Zach get a second event, and who among those with none get a spot.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Conrad, Mark, and Alec lead the SP.

What was up with the video quality? I hope they can fix it before archiving.

ETA: Since Mark's score wasn't verbally announced for some strange reason, I had no idea he was in second place until the results came out.

Addicted to handsome, artistic male skaters ;) siberia82's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Haleth View Post
    What was up with the video quality? I hope they can fix it before archiving.
    It was in standard definition 240p for the first group of Junior Men, but then it became high definition 720p for the second group.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    It didn't make that leap upward in quality for me unfortunately. Not sure why.

If it's still meh later tonight I will start to play around with browsers. Didn't have this problem that I recall at Minto, although I had to stop using Safari because the video kept on stuttering almost continuously. Firefox was fine for Minto and the PQ event.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Green View Post

JGP Slovakia
    Fabbri/Ayer
    Bashynska/Beaumont

JGP Austria
    Lajoie/Lagha
    D'Alessandro/Waddell

JGP Lithuania
    Galiyanova/Lochhead
    Stairs/Graham

JGP Canada
    Lajoie/Lagha
    Makita/Gunara
    McIsaac/Circelli

There are three JGPs still to go, so it will be interesting to see who else besides Marjorie and Zach get a second event, and who among those with none get a spot.
    Marj and zach already have two.

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 4everchan View Post
    Marj and zach already have two.
    He said besides L/L who will get 2

Now that Kevin has a second assignment that last SC spot is pretty much between Nam and Nic I would think.

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Colonel Green View Post

JGP Slovakia
    Fabbri/Ayer
    Bashynska/Beaumont

JGP Austria
    Lajoie/Lagha
    D'Alessandro/Waddell

JGP Lithuania
    Galiyanova/Lochhead
    Stairs/Graham

JGP Canada
    Lajoie/Lagha
    Makita/Gunara
    McIsaac/Circelli

I think this is the main crew we're going to see for the JGP. Depending on what's going on with Fisher-Mallet-Paquette, they could still get a spot or two. And Bronsard/Bouaraguia had a pretty big score at Championnats, so if anyone else gets a spot I'd guess it'll be them. Boone/Kowan have been on the sub list, but their scores have been lower than the rest of these teams, so I think some will get 2nd spots over them getting a 1st one.

If these assignments stay the same, then we have 6 spots left. Let's say that Bronsard/Bouaraguia get one and F/MP don't (since we don't know what's going on with them). That would leave 5 spots open for people to get 2nds. Then it would depend on how they did, but I would guess we'll see Fabbri/Ayer and Stairs/Graham with a 2nd spot - partly because I think they could do pretty well to earn one and also because both teams are in their last junior season. Plus there should be lots of room, especially is F/MP are really out. I also wouldn't be surprised to see D'A/W get a 2nd event.

You Know I'm a FS Fan... BillNeal's Avatar

0 Not allowed!
    With the GPF in Vancouver this year, I think Skate Canada will try to maximize giving two spots if available to skaters. This will of course depend on how they do during their first assignment, to assess chances of getting the required points to qualify. The dance field this year is relatively open with the top 2 from WJC moving onto seniors. I wouldn't be surprised if we have 6/7 junior dance teams getting two assignments each.

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillNeal View Post
    With the GPF in Vancouver this year, I think Skate Canada will try to maximize giving two spots if available to skaters. This will of course depend on how they do during their first assignment, to assess chances of getting the required points to qualify. The dance field this year is relatively open with the top 2 from WJC moving onto seniors. I wouldn't be surprised if we have 6/7 junior dance teams getting two assignments each.
    Well, currently 1 team has two spots and 7 have one spot. There are 6 spots left, so in theory we could have 7 teams with 2 spots. But I think they'll give Bronsard/Bouaraguia one based on the Quebec Summer Skate score and they also train at Gadbois. So max 6 teams with two spots. Which is plenty really. And I do think they'll have 6 teams with two spots (and 3 with 1) unless they decide to give Boone/Kowan one or F/MP are able to do a later JGP.

Spectator

0 Not allowed!
    Skate Ontario has a fairly high quality live stream of the events happening at the GTSA Summer Skate! I'm busy on Saturday but I'm hoping someone records the performances that night. Would love to see what the senior ladies have in store. For anyone that wants to keep track of the skate from the comfort of their home I've included the link.

http://skateontario.org/event/sectio...-summer-skate/

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ziotic View Post
    He said besides L/L who will get 2

Now that Kevin has a second assignment that last SC spot is pretty much between Nam and Nic I would think.
    oups.. i misread on my tiny phone.. .sorry.

Page 65 of 65 FirstFirst ... 15 55 56 57 58 59 60 61 62 63 64 65