2018-19 Canadian figure skating | Page 49 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Canadian figure skating

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker

Haleth

On the Ice
Good luck to all the competitors at GTSA Summer Skate! :cheer2: I had planned to go today but now I'm wondering now if tomorrow will be more ideal, since with unerring instinct the roofers just arrived (instead of yesterday) to do some diagnosis of leaks. We'll see how it goes. Either way I'm excited to see this competition.

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Looking over the JGP assignments so far, in ice dance we've thus far got:

JGP Slovakia
Fabbri/Ayer
Bashynska/Beaumont

JGP Austria
Lajoie/Lagha
D'Alessandro/Waddell

JGP Lithuania
Galiyanova/Lochhead
Stairs/Graham

JGP Canada
Lajoie/Lagha
Makita/Gunara
McIsaac/Circelli

There are three JGPs still to go, so it will be interesting to see who else besides Marjorie and Zach get a second event, and who among those with none get a spot.

Haleth

On the Ice
Conrad, Mark, and Alec lead the SP.

What was up with the video quality? I hope they can fix it before archiving.

ETA: Since Mark's score wasn't verbally announced for some strange reason, I had no idea he was in second place until the results came out.

siberia82

Addicted to Canadian men's singles skating
Record Breaker
Country
Canada
What was up with the video quality? I hope they can fix it before archiving.

It was in standard definition 240p for the first group of Junior Men, but then it became high definition 720p for the second group.

Haleth

On the Ice
It didn't make that leap upward in quality for me unfortunately. Not sure why. :confused:

If it's still meh later tonight I will start to play around with browsers. Didn't have this problem that I recall at Minto, although I had to stop using Safari because the video kept on stuttering almost continuously. Firefox was fine for Minto and the PQ event.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique

JGP Slovakia
Fabbri/Ayer
Bashynska/Beaumont

JGP Austria
Lajoie/Lagha
D'Alessandro/Waddell

JGP Lithuania
Galiyanova/Lochhead
Stairs/Graham

JGP Canada
Lajoie/Lagha
Makita/Gunara
McIsaac/Circelli

There are three JGPs still to go, so it will be interesting to see who else besides Marjorie and Zach get a second event, and who among those with none get a spot.
Marj and zach already have two.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada

JGP Slovakia
Fabbri/Ayer
Bashynska/Beaumont

JGP Austria
Lajoie/Lagha
D'Alessandro/Waddell

JGP Lithuania
Galiyanova/Lochhead
Stairs/Graham

JGP Canada
Lajoie/Lagha
Makita/Gunara
McIsaac/Circelli

I think this is the main crew we're going to see for the JGP. Depending on what's going on with Fisher-Mallet-Paquette, they could still get a spot or two. And Bronsard/Bouaraguia had a pretty big score at Championnats, so if anyone else gets a spot I'd guess it'll be them. Boone/Kowan have been on the sub list, but their scores have been lower than the rest of these teams, so I think some will get 2nd spots over them getting a 1st one.

If these assignments stay the same, then we have 6 spots left. Let's say that Bronsard/Bouaraguia get one and F/MP don't (since we don't know what's going on with them). That would leave 5 spots open for people to get 2nds. Then it would depend on how they did, but I would guess we'll see Fabbri/Ayer and Stairs/Graham with a 2nd spot - partly because I think they could do pretty well to earn one and also because both teams are in their last junior season. Plus there should be lots of room, especially is F/MP are really out. I also wouldn't be surprised to see D'A/W get a 2nd event.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
With the GPF in Vancouver this year, I think Skate Canada will try to maximize giving two spots if available to skaters. This will of course depend on how they do during their first assignment, to assess chances of getting the required points to qualify. The dance field this year is relatively open with the top 2 from WJC moving onto seniors. I wouldn't be surprised if we have 6/7 junior dance teams getting two assignments each.

SnowWhite

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
With the GPF in Vancouver this year, I think Skate Canada will try to maximize giving two spots if available to skaters. This will of course depend on how they do during their first assignment, to assess chances of getting the required points to qualify. The dance field this year is relatively open with the top 2 from WJC moving onto seniors. I wouldn't be surprised if we have 6/7 junior dance teams getting two assignments each.

Well, currently 1 team has two spots and 7 have one spot. There are 6 spots left, so in theory we could have 7 teams with 2 spots. But I think they'll give Bronsard/Bouaraguia one based on the Quebec Summer Skate score and they also train at Gadbois. So max 6 teams with two spots. Which is plenty really. And I do think they'll have 6 teams with two spots (and 3 with 1) unless they decide to give Boone/Kowan one or F/MP are able to do a later JGP.

snowflake

I enjoy what I like
Record Breaker
For those of you who were a bit (very?) annoyed by my fangirl squealing in my fancam of Nic's LP, I've cut this video from the Patinage Québec archived livestream: https://vimeo.com/284513182

I've also done the same for Joseph's SP: https://vimeo.com/284173815

Two great programs! Amazing skaters. I enjoyed both a lot. Hopefully Nadeau will skate this program clean later on. And that he gets a second Grand Prix spot somewhere... lucky audience wherever. How I would love to see this performance live!

Haleth

On the Ice
Team Canada at ACI:

Ladies:
Larkyn Austman
Alicia Pineault

Men:
Kevin Reynolds
Roman Sadovsky
Bennet Toman

Pair:
Kirsten Moore-Towers / Michael Marinaro
Lori-Ann Matte / Thierry Ferland

Ice Dance:
Kaitlyn Weaver / Andrew Poje
Carolane Soucisse / Shane Firus
Molly Lanaghan / Dmitre Razgulajevs

https://skatecanada.ca/event-schedule/

Ziotic

Medalist
:shocked: I did not expect this, I thought they were coming back at Nationals after the TYCT.

How smart!

It shows they are absolutely coming back and want judges feedback before getting to 4CC.

I wonde if they will do maybe golden spin in December if the tour is over.

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
it also gives them potentially 300 points (if they win) so that doesn't wreck their skating order for worlds too much

Haleth

On the Ice
Skate Ontario has a fairly high quality live stream of the events happening at the GTSA Summer Skate! I'm busy on Saturday but I'm hoping someone records the performances that night. Would love to see what the senior ladies have in store. For anyone that wants to keep track of the skate from the comfort of their home I've included the link.

http://skateontario.org/event/sectionals-series-gtsa-summer-skate/

I am hoping to get there tonight. Family medical issues meant I was too exhausted to go out on Friday.