Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4

Thread: Daily Appreciation Thread

12 Not allowed!
    Thanks to everyone who posts reports about competitions, shows, video links to great performances!

You Know I'm a FS Fan... BillNeal's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
    Thanks to the GS'ers who have introduced me to some new sites this past season such as skatingscores.com and the Olympic Channel website that has the full OG events (CBC site stopped hosting them so it's great to know of this alternative).

Bona Fide Member

4 Not allowed!
    ***Particular Daily Appreciation Post***

Thank You, Ekaterina and Dmitri for a beauty that was 'Anna Karenina' FD - it broke my heart to not being able to see it at Worlds, but I still get back to 2015 NHK performance of it, it just has such powerfulness and emotional impact for me. This was the season I got their skating and way of expressing themselves and that program played major part in the process. They really managed to tell the story beautifully, in a vivid way that was both thrilling and sad. And my vanity side is still all about their costumes, Ekaterina's dress was PERFECTION
    https://youtu.be/9YlB3gZMl40

9 Not allowed!
    Watching some figure skating videos and I am appreciating the volunteers that make these figure skating events possible including the flower girls/boys, flower kids' supervisors, ushers, and those working hard in the background

Also, appreciate hearing PJ Kwong's voice as the announcer and just read that Pyeongchang was her 8th Olympics

8 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillNeal View Post
    Watching some figure skating videos and I am appreciating the volunteers that make these figure skating events possible including the flower girls/boys, flower kids' supervisors, ushers, and those working hard in the background

Also, appreciate hearing PJ Kwong's voice as the announcer and just read that Pyeongchang was her 8th Olympics
    almost as many as ajona

11 Not allowed!
    I'd like to show my appreciation for those skaters who have not won any big medals -or maybe even no medals- in years, and yet keep competing - for the love of the sport or the feeling of skating itself, for the fans, for any other reasons that keep them going... Thank you. Skating wouldn't be as much fun to watch without you.

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by NoNameFace View Post
    ***Particular Daily Appreciation Post***

Thank You, Ekaterina and Dmitri for a beauty that was 'Anna Karenina' FD - it broke my heart to not being able to see it at Worlds, but I still get back to 2015 NHK performance of it, it just has such powerfulness and emotional impact for me. This was the season I got their skating and way of expressing themselves and that program played major part in the process. They really managed to tell the story beautifully, in a vivid way that was both thrilling and sad. And my vanity side is still all about their costumes, Ekaterina's dress was PERFECTION
    https://youtu.be/9YlB3gZMl40
    Wonderful words and so true! 'Oblivion' this year was beautiful as well. I miss them very much already

Special appreciation for Toller Cranston
    Without him, I would have never discovered FS the way I did, would have never been to Moscow and meet all those lovely people, would have never meet you GS guys!

3 Not allowed!
    I appreciate the Youtube channel of Studio 38: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC7I...AH19WO4Om-44JA

For bringing us the type of coverage no one would have hoped to even dream about just a couple of years ago. There's something to watch almost daily, and many great talents have been discovered thanks to them.

I appreciate Anna Shcherbakova for existing.

3 Not allowed!
    Appreciation for...year round skating rinks. Among other things, making both fall and winter competitions and spring and summer ice shows possible.

1 Not allowed!
    I appreciate Anna Shcherbakova for not giving up after severe leg injury.

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places." skatingfan4ever's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
    I appreciate that Patrick Chan found the courage to not retire after 2017 SC, instead making changes to rediscover his joy of skating and battling on to compete at Nationals and the Olympics. Thankfully, 2017 SC wasn’t the last DITW and Hallelujah we saw from him (we found out later that it could have been ).

I appreciate Patrick’s many amazing programs over the last 10 years, and I’m so glad he came back to competition after Sochi.

I also appreciate Patrick for thanking his parents like this (the words and tears of a grateful son who has learned what is truly golden).

I appreciate Deniss Vasiljevs for coming along before Patrick retired so I have someone else amazing to follow in his competitive absence.

I appreciate the skaters who aren’t afraid to go out there and be themselves (too many to list, but I'll give a special shout-out to Misha Ge).

I appreciate the Shibs for their perseverance and for being great role models in all aspects of life.

I appreciate every skater for skating. The ones who aren’t my favorites provide contrast and deepen my appreciation of the ones who are.

7 Not allowed!
    I know for many posters it is already May 13 and I think this should be the appropriate thread to wish for a Happy Mother's Day!

To all the mothers who have guided their children through their aspirations, studies, careers, and lives, your dedication, love, and support is appreciated .

Wishing all the mothers here at GS a great day!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4