Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Another junior season for quad queen Trusova

Tripping on the Podium rikaquegira's Avatar

13 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirals for Miles View Post
    Just one if she goes senior her first eligible year (which she probably will at this point)
    I can imagine how eager Trusova and her team must be for her to rock the Senior world!
    And for the naysayers and pessimists, we’ve never had a little girl landing two quads in a competition or being so consistent on everything while being so fearless on taking up new jumps. As she said, if you want it you can do it. So I believe no puberty will stop Trusova from being Quad Queen!
    Plus, the boys do it, why can’t the girls? I believe the same process happened when women started doing triple-triples. Someone has to be the first, why wouldn’t be her?

Rinkside

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rikaquegira View Post
    I can imagine how eager Trusova and her team must be for her to rock the Senior world!
    And for the naysayers and pessimists, we’ve never had a little girl landing two quads in a competition or being so consistent on everything while being so fearless on taking up new jumps. As she said, if you want it you can do it. So I believe no puberty will stop Trusova from being Quad Queen!
    Plus, the boys do it, why can’t the girls? I believe the same process happened when women started doing triple-triples. Someone has to be the first, why wouldn’t be her?
    I would also really love it if someone at the senior level could consistently land quads, and even multiple quads! Getting excited now like a long time ago when Midori Ito and her 3A pushed the limits of the ladies!

Spaulding get your foot off the boat! Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by rikaquegira View Post
    This...so much!!

BTW: You’re avatar is

1 Not allowed!
    She sounds like such a smart and determined girl She's really growing on me more and more as time goes on, super excited to see what she does next season. Go Sasha!

7 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Kirpich View Post
    Pretty useless article, there is translation of the full interview at fs-gossips.
    Perhaps. The only difference is that GS paid for the article directly from the author while FS Gossip took the entire interview in Russian from another site and translated it without permission.

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by millie View Post
    I thought that Miki Ando was the quad Queen and the First Lady in the FS history books to successfully do a quad. Didn’t she do the first Quad Salchow at Junior Grand Prix Final in 2002. Just saying... you guys do love facts.
    The article clearly states:

"She became the first female skater to land a quadruple toe and the first to land two quads in one program – 15 years and three months after Miki Ando of Japan became the first, and until now, only woman to perform a quad in competition."

On the Ice

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by VenusHalley View Post
    Why do people feel need to dismiss Miki Ando's quad?

It is impressive what Trusova does, she was the first to land two quads... but she was not the first. C'mon.

Still wonder, why women stopped trying quads after Miki Ando? I know Surya Bonaly tried but never succeeded in competition... do not remember other attempts. Did someone else try?
    No one said Sasha was the first. Read the article.

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenboy123 View Post
    All those young girls doing quads at such a young age is bound for a short career...
    I don't think it's necessarily true. Miki Ando didn't have a short career - she competed as a senior for many years after training quads as a junior. Your body changes, and whether or not you will have sustained quads is of question, but there are safe ways to push your body further, and Sasha seems determined to do these quads. This is coming from someone who was very skeptical about her meteroic rise to these jumps earlier this season.

There is something to be said about the depth of the Russian ladies field shoving other girls out, but that's another conversation, I think. There are lots of Russian skaters who still have dedicated die-hard fans, even if they are no longer the fed's chosen one or so much in the spotlight. Sometimes someones skating can really touch an audience, and in turn make them unforgettable, and I don't think that's dependent on who the fed is pushing forward. I think it's safe to say that wherever Alexandra's career goes, she will be remembered for being one of the pioneers with these jumps.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by likevelvet View Post
    I don't think it's necessarily true. Miki Ando didn't have a short career - she competed as a senior for many years after training quads as a junior. Your body changes, and whether or not you will have sustained quads is of question, but there are safe ways to push your body further, and Sasha seems determined to do these quads. This is coming from someone who was very skeptical about her meteroic rise to these jumps earlier this season.

There is something to be said about the depth of the Russian ladies field shoving other girls out, but that's another conversation, I think. There are lots of Russian skaters who still have dedicated die-hard fans, even if they are no longer the fed's chosen one or so much in the spotlight. Sometimes someones skating can really touch an audience, and in turn make them unforgettable, and I don't think that's dependent on who the fed is pushing forward. I think it's safe to say that wherever Alexandra's career goes, she will be remembered for being one of the pioneers with these jumps.
    Did Miki Ando ever do quads in competitions though???...i don't remember if she did as i was a very young child back when she was still competing...

Spaulding get your foot off the boat! Sam-Skwantch's Avatar

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by kenboy123 View Post
    Did Miki Ando ever do quads in competitions though???...i don't remember if she did as i was a very young child back when she was still competing...
    They responded to you about your claim that Sasha will have a short career. “ All these girls will have short careers” you said. The response to you was that Miki had a career that spanned many years after training quads as a junior.

No senior lady has landed a quad in competition .... yet. Miki tried but they were all deemed UR at the senior level but she did have one ratified as a junior.

Tripping on the Podium

6 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Scout View Post
    Sasha Cohen intended to try a quad in competition, but from the one attempt I remember, she popped it.
    she landed at least one cleanly at Skate America practice in 2001

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Adbq89r-8pw

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Sasha's new SP is "Kill Bill" and FP is "The Fifth Element".

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3