Another junior season for quad queen Trusova | Golden Skate

Another junior season for quad queen Trusova

gsk8

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Russia's Alexandra Trusova jumped right into the history of figure skating after landing two quadruple jumps in the long program on her way to gold at the ISU World Junior Figure Skating Championships in Sofia, Bulgaria, in March. The 13-year-old student of Eteri Tutberidze's famous training group, also home of Olympic Champion Alina Zagitova and two-time World champion medalist Evgenia Medvedeva, set two records at the same time: She became the first female skater to land a quadruple toe and the first to land two quads in one program - 15 years and three months after Miki Ando of Japan became the first, and until now, only woman to perform a quad in competition.

More...

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Nice article 👍

Re: Quads
“everyone can do it” -Sasha Trusova

:dbana:

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
Quad queen, what a strange and unfamiliar nickname it is. :laugh: But we may get used to it from now as she will keep doing quads in her arsenal. Keep us surprised. I always love bigger, faster and more rotative jumps. :luv17:

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Thank you for this great article! What a humble girl! :love:
Her name will be forever written in FS history books, but she makes it all look so easy, when in fact it is really not. Seeing her so ambitious and focused, I'm so excited for the next season, to see how she will amaze us again.

millie

Medalist
I thought that Miki Ando was the quad Queen and the First Lady in the FS history books to successfully do a quad. Didn’t she do the first Quad Salchow at Junior Grand Prix Final in 2002. Just saying...🙂 you guys do love facts.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I thought that Miki Ando was the quad Queen and the First Lady in the FS history books to successfully do a quad. Didn’t she do the first Quad Salchow at Junior Grand Prix Final in 2002. Just saying...🙂 you guys do love facts.

Did they actually call Miki the quad queen? I didn’t know that but I’d say she’s lost the crown to the double quad jumping champion.

I prefer to call Sasha TinyBoss :dance:

Scrufflet

Final Flight
Does that mean I can do them too?

"It only hurts when falling on the hip." Yikes, I think I'll pass! 3 hip surgeries over the years!

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker

Quite severely URed. If it had been under IJS, it would never have been ratified.
Besides, Sasha is the first to:
Perform two clean quads in one skate
Perform two clean quads in one competition
Perform a quad toe
Land a quad in more than one competition (Russian Cup Final, it wasn't an international competition but still landed)

So, I think she's the quad queen more than Miki. And it feels, at least to me, that you are trying to undermine the impressive accomplishments of the Russian girls. First Alina and now this.

millie

Medalist
Quite severely URed. If it had been under IJS, it would never have been ratified.
Besides, Sasha is the first to:
Perform two clean quads in one skate
Perform two clean quads in one competition
Perform a quad toe
Land a quad in more than one competition (Russian Cup Final, it wasn't an international competition but still landed)

So, I think she's the quad queen more than Miki. And it feels, at least to me, that you are trying to undermine the impressive accomplishments of the Russian girls. First Alina and now this.

Take that up with “Wikipedia”, I’m just a messenger .🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂.. Just asking are you on the Figure Skating Patrol....oh my..🙂🙂🙂🙂🙂....Please don’t take these posts so seriously ...

Spirals for Miles

Anna Shcherbakova is my World Champion
Record Breaker
I didn't know I had to be the figure skating patrol to state my opinion? where I clearly stated "I think..."
And I did not list that Sasha's the first to perform a quad. So Wikipedia and I are of the same mindset, it would appear.
:) :)

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Please don’t take these posts so seriously ...

We are taking the serious articles seriously, because we are seriously loving FS, all the skaters work so hard and none of them deserve to receive harsh/ironical words. So you should know better than making fun of these people's lifetime work.
Also, please remain on topic and stop divagating from the subject. Or if the subject does not interest you, please refrain yourself if you don't have any respectable words.

millie

Medalist
We are taking the serious articles seriously, because we are seriously loving FS, all the skaters work so hard and none of them deserve to receive harsh/ironical words. So you should know better than making fun of these people's lifetime work.
Also, please remain on topic and stop divagating from the subject. Or if the subject does not interest you, please refrain yourself if you don't have any respectable words.

Let me make this clear 🙂, I have been a avid fan of Figure Skating fan for over 40 years, way back when they’d were doing single axels. It’s for the love of the skaters and skating that I watch and watch figure skating. With regards to fans saying that I do not like the Russian skaters, Irene Slutskaya is my favourite skater of all time, I still watch her performances today. Now back to your point of making fun of skaters lifetime work, because someone makes a comment, which they are permitted to do on this forum, and they don’t agree with what posters are saying, does not make the other poster a bad person because they disagree. It’s call constructive criticism. I made the point that Miki Ando was the First Lady to do a quad Salchow, was I wrong. That’s not taking away from the fact that Alexander Trusova did two quads. People are allowed to make comments and agree to disagree on these threads, not fanfests..🙂