Favorite step sequences/footwork? | Golden Skate

Favorite step sequences/footwork?

Weathergal

Medalist
What are some of your favorite step sequences? I always find that steps and footwork are the highlight of many of my favorite programs

Some examples:

Daisuke Takahashi - Swan Lake
Alexei Yagudin - Winter
Yuna Kim - Danse Macabre
Mao Asada - Ladies In Lavender

I thought of the first two you mentioned as soon as I read the thread title. 😁

A few others:
Alexei Yagudin "Racing" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9q70BbgHUIQ
Denis Ten "Caruso by Luca Dalla" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=a7TRgHDIClg
Jeremy Abbott "Lilies of the Valley" https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uvIVKrsSpzY

Shayuki

Record Breaker
This season, my favorite step sequence is by:

Ksenia Melkumova(8 years of age)

...At Moscow basic novice championships. I truly wish more ladies actually performed such "Compulsory Figures"-style choctaws(Crossing feet and "staying on the same circle", 0:20-0:22 and 0:49-0:52). I think she's the only one who did them this season, at least out of the ones I saw. I like them so much that I'd imagine I wouldn't miss it if someone did happen to perform them...

Rissa

Record Breaker
In addition to some already-mentioned ones:

Mao Asada's Rachmaninov
Wakaba Higuchi's Skyfall
Takahashi's Blues for Klook
Sui/Han Blues for Klook
Hanyu's Let's Go Crazy, Ballade, Seimei
Deniss Vasiljevs's Sway
Rika Hongo's Cirque du Soleil
Kolyada's Nightingale Tango
Lots of Lambiel

Warwick360

Medalist
Yuna's Arirang and Yuna's Send in the Clown. While others may consistently attack or aggressively approach with flair in their step sequence, regardless of the flow of the music, I always found Yuna's step sequence (and the rest of her program) to be intricately aligned with the music and the choreography, be it slow, fast or both. :love:

AshWagsFan

Edges for days.
Final Flight
Country
United-States
Mao Asada Rach3, Yuna Kim Miss Saigon, Michelle Kwan Red Violin, Ashley Wagner Sweet Dreams, Jason Brown Riverdance, Papadakis Cizeron Moonlight Sonata, and Davis/White Indian Dances from 2010.

OutsideEdge

Rinkside
Two immediately came to mind for me as personal favorites that I don't already see on here: the sequence at the end of Yuzuru's Parisienne Walkways (the spin out of the cheeky pistol lunge gets me every time) and the speedy sequence in the middle of Plushenko's Nijinsky program.

I also second Riverdance. That's the program I show people when I'm trying to get them hooked.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
100%. This step sequence was so wonderful that people got excited for it BEFORE he even started doing it.

It was rather perfectly done - the music was just starting to build, prompting excitement and anticipation, and then he would turn back to the crowd with that charismatic smile...

One of my favourite IJS ChSq - the original Black Swan ending for Max. Sigh, I had almost forgotten how much I loved this version of the program. Why did you break it, Mr Mills? No-one else cared about the chronological order of the music.

MiraiFan

Final Flight
I pretty much love all of Mao and Takahashi's but also adore Mirai's Demons step sequence (4CC and Worlds).

yoloaxel

Record Breaker
Just off the top of my head,

Yuzuru's Chopin and Seimei
Jason's Riverdance
Wakaba's Skyfall
Carolina's Ne Me Quitte Pas
Mao's Rachmaninov
Evgenia's Anna K

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
He hasn't been mentioned yet, so I have two words: Patrick Chan. Really any of them he ever did, but Elegie is obviously brilliant because of where it is placed, IN THE SILENCE, so ALL we hear first is his blades on the ice!!! :love: Patrick's step sequences were Level 4 without looking strained or forced, which is SO rare!!! :bow: