Kamila Valieva | Page 12 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
And what a great performance it was! Breathtaking, and the first quad try in the first international comp was successful. Strong mindset, and she just became the youngest lady quadster in history :luv17:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
And what a great performance it was! Breathtaking, and the first quad try in the first international comp=successful. Strong mindset, and she just became the youngest lady quadster in history :luv17:

Just look at that quad in close up replay, and the fierce glare in Kamila's eyes during the close ups. She came out to prove herself. The rest will come with more competitive experience.

meadow

Rinkside
So happy for Kamila! Last season I saw her in a couple of Russian competitions and I was curious about her debut here at the JGP. And it was a great debut!
Her performance in the free program was exceptional, even with the fall. I doubted she would land the quad so early in the season, but she proved me wrong! And the spins are so beautiful, her flexibility really is something. I would like to see her hold some of her positions a little longer because it's clear she can do it, but that's not her fault.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing her compete again!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
So happy for Kamila! Last season I saw her in a couple of Russian competitions and I was curious about her debut here at the JGP. And it was a great debut!
Her performance in the free program was exceptional, even with the fall. I doubted she would land the quad so early in the season, but she proved me wrong! And the spins are so beautiful, her flexibility really is something. I would like to see her hold some of her positions a little longer because it's clear she can do it, but that's not her fault.
Anyway, I'm looking forward to seeing her compete again!

Who knows, once Kamila grows more confident in her new free program, the choreo might be changed to emphasise these qualities in her skating? The sooner the better, let that routine breathe ...
One can be certain #TeamTutberidzeForProgress picks up on these things and use their findings to maximise the routine's scoring potential.

meadow

Rinkside
Who knows, once Kamila grows more confident in her new free program, the choreo might be changed to emphasise these qualities in her skating? The sooner the better, let that routine breathe ...
One can be certain #TeamTutberidzeForProgress picks up on these things and uses their findings to maximise the routine's scoring potential.
I really hope you're right because I think holding her positions a little more would emphasize her strengths a lot. She's still great though!
To be honest, anyway, it's not the most rushed program Daniil has ever produced, so there's that! :laugh:

lariko

Medalist
Country
Canada
So, I expected that she is a contender by reputation, and I had seen her last year in exhibition skates, and it was pretty, but I had not expected this super-nova explosion out of the gates! Like, wow. I love the style, I love the personality on ice, and the skating itself is a dream. Just a Dream...

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I wonder where her flexibility comes from? She did (rhythmic) gymnastics as a very young girl, and perhaps never lost what she learned there? Russian rhythmic gymnastics training is brutal, even for those very young children, you’re not likely to forget what you learned there.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I hope Kamila is OK. This gala wasn't a very good idea..

A performance in the winners gala exhibition is compulsory for the pay out of your prize money. Barring illness or injury there is no escaping. Kamila knows the value of money, knows her parents invest in her skating, wants to earn some prize money to show gratitude in return. She is at work, and with work comes a salary, hard earned in the case of these child athletes.

Only here she seemed to have tired legs, perhaps she and Maya and some adults in their company went shopping in Clermont Ferrand, the closest larger city with affordable teenage girl's clothing, with lots of walking steep streets? Kamila didn’t sleep well, was affected by the altitude, whatever reason? Was there a banquet, little rehearsal time for the gala?

Normally it would have been no problem for Kamila to throw a full difficulty EX. But an unannounced quad battle? Better not. Hopefully ISU will force the LOC to pay consideration next time.

Chelyabinsk is in two weeks already, so Kamila must rest and recover. She'll probably still participate in as many KMS competitions over the domestic season leading up to the JPG final in December.

Azikin

Medalist
A performance in the winners gala exhibition is compulsory for the pay out of your prize money. Barring illness or injury there is no escaping. Kamila knows the value of money, knows her parents invest in her skating, wants to earn some prize money to show gratitude in return. She is at work, and with work comes a salary, hard earned in the case of these child athletes.
Yeah, I rather meant that it was generally a bad idea to hold this event. Late time, high altitude, insufficient lighting, three days in a row, just asking for trouble..

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kamila in the mountains:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/581372262234456075/615417143084843009/XRSDKCXIrZQ.png
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/581372262234456075/615399899101528093/mqc3Dh72Soo.jpg
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/581372262234456075/615485460642398208/508NPbgyH9Y.jpg

Probably for a future report from a French figure skating magazine :)
https://scontent-amt2-1.xx.fbcdn.ne...=3aa8f7dc1d7191cf6773b26e7b28702d&oe=5DD9D23C

Yeah, I rather meant that it was generally a bad idea to hold this event. Late time, high altitude, insufficient lighting, three days in a row, just asking for trouble..

There aren't many JPG with a gala, no gala in Lake Placid, Gdansk or Chelyabinsk to my knowledge. Perhaps it was commissioned by this French magazine?
ISU must be glad there are even hosts for a junior event. Given the attendance, I don't think the LOC of French FS federation breaks even.

FIG can hardly find any sponsors or hosts for a similar cycle in junior gymnastics.