Kamila Valieva | Page 16 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

Mapuan

Rinkside
At the beginning of Kamila's program I was worrying there will be a disaster, fortunately it ended only with the bad landing on the Rittberger and the rest was very good. Of course in better state she would deliver much better program, but still, without that mistake on the Rittberger she would be probably in the lead even with the injury. Now it's not so necessary to strive for the first place and rather follow the safe path for recovery. The junior nationals awaits and I hope till the junior worlds everything will be fine.

I though she wasn't skating to the music. There is disconnection between her flow versus the music.

Decoder

On the Ice
I am so happy for Kamila!
I thought that without 4T, Kamila would be at least 10 points behind the winner, and I would not be disappointed. My only hope was that she would not injure herself again. Look what we got!

Deripashka

On the Ice
Congratulation to Kamila, I watched her with opened mouth. Her elegance and artistry is just woooow. Once she stabilizes quad or two, she will go like cannonball.
Today Im happy Deripashka :party:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kamila just sat through the compulsory ISU press conference with the winners.

She refused to answer to a question into her injury :) She asked the interpreter from FFKKR for advice and stuck to her refusal. #TeamTutberidzeForProgress instructed her well also.

We may not like this, but I think it is a sign of maturity and command over the situation to stay firm on certain touchy subjects. Otherwise, there were lots of giggles from Kamila. She doesn't seem to like press conferences, but once she got talking, she talks swift and expresses herself quite well I thought. There isn't really that much depth in most sports, nor are there secrets, including in figure skating. Work, work, work, fall and get up again, never give up and learn from every occasion.

She was uncertain of her position till the very last routine from her rink mate Usachyova, but one could see the excitement building in Kamila in the hot seat. Your excitement is hard to hide when you're still a child.

Did she also cut her finger on the Biellman? I was afraid she would smear her white jacket or salfetnitsa with blood stains, while she fidgeted in the K&C.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I will just repeat my congrats from RLT, no quads and Kamila still won, just three weeks after her return on the ice. This reminds me last year's JGPF a little, where Aliona won over Sasha with a clean skate.

Vemvane

On the Ice
Congratulations to Kamila! That was a lovely skate once again from her, and while I was astonished that she won without her quad, and was entirely prepared to be happy if she only skated clean, she really is just that good. Her flexibility is something else - that final spin was breathtaking.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Congratulations to Kamila! That was a lovely skate once again from her, and while I was astonished that she won without her quad, and was entirely prepared to be happy if she only skated clean, she really is just that good. Her flexibility is something else - that final spin was breathtaking.

Kamila was asked in the press conference if she was a ballerina. When the person asking would have read some interviews with Kamila, he could have learned she was engaged in rhythmic gymnastics. Kamila herself said in an interview I've interpreted: "they stretched me well there (in rhythmic)".

Decoder

On the Ice
Kamila was asked in the press conference if she was a ballerina. When the person asking would have read some interviews with Kamila, he could have learned she was engaged in rhythmic gymnastics. Kamila herself said in an interview I've interpreted: "they stretched me well there (in rhythmic)".

Yes, I read your translation, rhythmic gymnastics, and also dance for a short period of time.

Azikin

Medalist
I will just repeat my congrats from RLT, no quads and Kamila still won, just three weeks after her return on the ice.

Simply unbelievable. Jaw-dropping performance and well deserved victory. Bravo Kamila! :yahoo::cheer::thank:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Figure skater Valiyeva said that it was hard for her to prepare for the Grand Prix finals after an injury

The Russian girl in the autumn of this year received a leg fracture and began preparing for the final of the junior series only three weeks before its start.

TURIN / Italy /, December 7. / TASS /. The preparation of the Russian figure skater Kamila Valiyeva for the Junior Grand Prix finals in Turin, after her injury was difficult. She told reporters about this.

On Friday, 13-year-old Valiyeva won the gold medal in female single skating in the final of the Junior Grand Prix series. The second place was taken by American Alysa Liu, the third was Russian Dar'ya Usachyova. In the autumn of this year, Valiyeva, for whom this season was her first at the junior international level, received a serious injury - a broken leg. As it became known later, the skater began preparing for the series finale only three weeks before it began.

“At first it was hard, because it’s difficult to skate out your programs,” Valiyeva said. “You go and you understand that you’re short of breathing, not only in the second half, but also in the first. It was difficult at first, but then with each training session it was getting easier and easier."

Also, the skater said that the recognition of her victory in the finals had not yet come to her.

This season, the Russian junior won the stages in France, in Courchevel and in Chelyabinsk, Russia.
-----

"A real heroine." Valiyeva recovered from a fracture and won the Grand Prix final

... ... ...

Valiyeva injury and Liu's mistakes

After the short program, the main star of the Russian female junior skating, 13-year-old Kamila Valiyeva was in fourth place. In the autumn, she received an injury, the character of which was kept secret for a long time, because of which she dropped jumping the quad Toeloop in the final. It seemed that her chances of winning in Turin were minimal.

Especially considering how strong her main rival is. American Alysa Liu scored a decent move for the Grand Prix finals. In the short program, the 14-year-old skater cleanly performed a truly masculine element - a cascade of a triple Axel and a triple Toeloop, and in the free program she planned to jump two trixels and two quadruple jumps - Lutz's. Given her leadership after the short program, the successful execution of these elements would guarantee her Gold, and for the Russian team it would be the first time in 10 years to lose the Grand Prix finals in the female junior single skating.

But in the end, everything worked out. Valiyeva, as expected, did not jump quadruples, but on the other hand, she completed the rest of her technical set impeccably, for which she received 138.45 points (207.47 in total).

“In principle, I’m satisfied, with those elements I peformed, I did everything cleanly,” Valiyeva commented on her skating run.

"I am dissatisfied with the fact that I didn't have time to restore my Toeloop. In general, without a quadruple, these are pretty high scores; my trainers said that with this set of elements, my grades are good."

Only Liu could get ahead of Valiyeva. But Friday was clearly not the best day for the young American. She fell from her opening triple Axel, and on both quadruples and the second trixel, the technical panel saw under rotations. With a total score of 204.65 points, she became second, the third place was taken by Russian junior Dar'yia Usachyova (200.37), the fourth - Kseniya Sinitsyna (195.57), Viktoriya Vasil'yeva became the sixth (184.37).

Later, in a conversation with reporters Daniil Gleikhengauz, the choreographer of Eteri Tutberidze's group, who is involved with both Valiyeva and Usachyova, told how much the price was for this victory. “Congratulations to our girls - and Kamila, and Dasha, Kamila - a real hero, was able to recover so quickly after a leg fracture,” he said. “Of course, we did not manage to restore the quadruple Toeloop, but the set that we planned, she performed brilliantly, which allowed her to win."
-----

Was Kamila ever seen on crutches, i.e. a real fracture that required a cast, or was it a stress fracture? None of the sources explain clearly.

NaVi

Medalist
I got wondering about the Eisgala At Oberstdorf and it turns out Kamila is listed as preforming there.

http://www.eissportzentrum-oberstdorf.de/events/eisgala-exquisit-concert-on-ice.html

Google mistranslates her description as "Olympic Champion" when it's more like "Olympic Hope".

[edit]

That link is probably wrong because that event would probably conflict with Russian nationals.

She is listed here to perform December 22. The ladies SP at Russian nationals is on December 27.

https://eisshow.com/events/upcoming-shows/

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
I got wondering about the Eisgala At Oberstdorf and it turns out Kamila is listed as preforming there.

http://www.eissportzentrum-oberstdorf.de/events/eisgala-exquisit-concert-on-ice.html

Google mistranslates her description as "Olympic Champion" when it's more like "Olympic Hope".

[edit]

That link is probably wrong because that event would probably conflict with Russian nationals.

She is listed here to perform December 22. The ladies SP at Russian nationals is on December 27.

The show theme is Queen, performed live by a very capable cover band and singer.

Kamila skating to Queen? Now that will be quite interesting ...

But Kamila will probably skate to her own SP or LP music. IIRC, she did Girl on a Ball and Spartacus there last time on different nights, so probably will skate to one of her current routines' music?

Happy Skates

Final Flight

[edit]

Kamila isn't old enough to compete at Senior Russian Nationals, and juniors aren't until February, so it would make sense for her to perform here.

Good Vibes Only

On the Ice
Another view on Kamila performing to a live musician: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rREPXgOyyxQ , no big jumps, pure, beautiful and graceful skating from this young artist.

Just divine, bravo, Kamila :)

That was a beautiful performance. Her performance quality is just so good. I hope that Daniil gives her some of that flowy choreography and lets her breathe a little bit with the choreography. I feel like she wouldn’t look as rushed if he gave her choreography like in this show that she did. Again that was a wonderful performance. It reminded me why I love Kamila.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
She is lovely indeed in these kind of skating runs.

I suppose this routine was rehearsed perhaps only one time to get the musician to know Kamila. And she made up the skating by herself, improvising dance between her learned elements because she has this innate artistry.

She feels the music and expresses herself completely natural here.

Hopefully there will be HD broadcast video later.

Skills battle: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xskVvZ6qokg