Kamila Valieva | Page 23 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

Azikin

Medalist
- She watches your performances?

" Yes, but she doesn't distinguish the jumps. And it seems to me that she does not want to distinguish. She loves to watch by the principle of beautiful - ugly, but what kind of leap or rotation, cleanly or under rotated - she can not tell. "

That's OK, even judges often cannot tell... ;)

Anyway, nice interview! I'm still hoping we will see Kamila at JGP this season but... I guess the chance is small... :scratch2:

Scott512

Record Breaker
Kamila playing with Leva and a beautiful paining painted by her:
https://www.instagram.com/p/B_3ztS9Javf/

She really is cat like quick on and off the ice. Speaking of cats that's the most cat like dog I've ever seen is it some kind of Himalayan or Maincoon dog? ;)

Kamila is an artist on and off the ice as well. I like that painting. Unfortunately with the way this worldwide pandemic is not going away she's probably going to have a lot of time to paint in the near future. I keep hearing from intelligent people that the summer heat will kill this virus and I sure hope so. But I have my doubts.

Decoder

On the Ice
JGP got cancelled, so no chance to see Kamila this season anymore? Fortunately she won all junior titles last season. Still, I'd like to see some new development, like a 3A and/or a new quad.
Yesterday I rewatched her performances in both 2020 Russian/World Junior Championships, partly because I wanted to hear Ted's glowing comments again. :)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
JGP got cancelled, so no chance to see Kamila this season anymore? Fortunately she won all junior titles last season. Still, I'd like to see some new development, like a 3A and/or a new quad.
Yesterday I rewatched her performances in both 2020 Russian/World Junior Championships, partly because I wanted to hear Ted's glowing comments again. :)

There will be probably russian intern competitions. I guess Russian Cup stages will be more followed than ever before :)

Scott512

Record Breaker
There will be probably russian intern competitions. I guess Russian Cup stages will be more followed than ever before :)

As terrible as it having all these events cancelled and the season in jeopardy this is a great opportunity for Kamila and the other Russian Juniors to skate in the Russian Cup Series and against better competition than what they face on the junior circuit. The Russian skating Federation should set up their own Challenger Series too.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
As terrible as it having all these events cancelled and the season in jeopardy this is a great opportunity for Kamila and the other Russian Juniors to skate in the Russian Cup Series and against better competition than what they face on the junior circuit. The Russian skating Federation should set up their own Challenger Series too.

Yes, but I was also hoping to see more competition between Kamila and Alysa, being curious how Alysa would look like under the new coach. And JGP is just my favourite series of competitions :)

plushyfan

Record Breaker
Country
Hungary
I'm so sad..Our country received a junior GP competition in this year. I hoped I can see Kamila live.. :( I had chance to see her but honestly I would have been happy with anyone else from the Russian juniors!

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I'm so sad..Our country received a junior GP competition in this year. I hoped I can see Kamila live.. :( I had chance to see her but honestly I would have been happy with anyone else from the Russian juniors!

The same with me, I was strongly considering a tour to Ostrava's JGP this year (still sad I didn't visit it two years ago when Aliona was skating there). Let's hope the countries would remain the same for the very next season (our Skating Union was strongly interested in the organizing JGP this year, they expressed their big disappointment when the whole JGP series was cancelled).

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The same with me, I was strongly considering a tour to Ostrava's JGP this year (still sad I didn't visit it two years ago when Aliona was skating there). Let's hope the countries would remain the same for the very next season (our Skating Union was strongly interested in the organizing JGP this year, they expressed their big disappointment when the whole JGP series was cancelled).

I hope they will have a few junior challenger events. If a country was willing to have a JGP, why not just make it a different event, with less skaters.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
I hope they will have a few junior challenger events. If a country was willing to have a JGP, why not just make it a different event, with less skaters.

Possible probably only with some ISU support. Our Skating Union is not exactly rich and lost many sources on cancelled Worlds.

Azikin

Medalist
The same with me, I was strongly considering a tour to Ostrava's JGP this year (still sad I didn't visit it two years ago when Aliona was skating there).
And I missed it because of a stupid bus delay... :sad46: Ostrava was my hope this year to see Kamila... oh well we'll see what will come next...

Scott512

Record Breaker
Yes, but I was also hoping to see more competition between Kamila and Alysa, being curious how Alysa would look like under the new coach. And JGP is justy my favourite series of competitions :)

Unfortunately this is the world we live in. Nothing escapes covid-19 and it's brutal aftermath and trickle down effect.