Kamila Valieva | Page 11 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
She and Maya, comrades in arms, dressed smartly in brand new training jackets form their sponsor.

Pretty sure these are this year's official RusFed team jackets :)

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The apparel is by Bosco. They have at least one shop in Moscow, on Tverskaya not far from Red Square.

Last time I was there, their ‘Russia’ kit was very expensive. Like $300 jackets etc.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Fresh feature on Valiyeva here: https://www.1tv.ru/-/rdgri

"Kamila Valiyeva: quadruples, psychology, Zagitova for my example"

Kamila honest about herself, her working with Eteri Georgiyevna, her wish is to become a psychologist (!).
She looks up both to Alina Zagitova and Aleksandra Trusova, but tries to learn from them too. She wants to emulate Aleksandra's jumps, improving on her own still and has trained the "triksel" in the harness, since end of last season she is capable of the 'triksel' unassisted.
She is nervous before her starts, waiting is the hardest. Her motto is " don't worry, be happy ".
She is aware of the expectations, starting for the first time for Russia, but isn't too worried about this.

She admires Nathan Chen, particularly the ease and lightness of his skating.
She enjoys needlework/knitting or some kind of textile handicraft together with her mother (?) but hardly has time for it.

She is talking about "this painful spot" when landing badly and crashing, so is she nursing a back injury (that has been rumoured)? Perhaps a temporary vertebral disc problem? Or it might be just a bruised thigh or sore butt?

She isn't afraid to perform in front of an audience, but the starting pose of her 'girl on the blue ball' routine makes her often having to stare directly into a spotlight, so she tries to have her arm cast a shadow ;-)

LOL, this feature clip has some moments, like Akat’yeva’s cool nonchalance, Zagitova pinching (?) Valiyeva, great bunch of kids enjoying what they are doing.

Azikin

Medalist
Oh well.. that can happen.. Kamila looked very very nervous from the beginning.. hopefully she's OK and will come stronger from this experience tomorrow.. :cheer:

Vandevska

U don't have to build the end of the world out it.
Medalist
Ay the poor thing :( She was really nervous, but it happens! She only needs to look forward. On the other hand, she got 30 PCS and that's remarkable in itself. :)

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Oh well.. that can happen.. Kamila looked very very nervous from the beginning.. hopefully she's OK and will come stronger from this experience tomorrow.. :cheer:

There was a curse on the 3Lz combo, but it is still just SP and Kamila has still all the chances to win.

TheBallerina

#teamtutberidze
Record Breaker
Always a pleasure to watch Kamila :love:

This was that kind of moment when I wanted to go through my monitor, to Kamila, to comfort her and tell her what an amazing skater she is and what an honour is to just be able to watch such an amazing 13 year old skater.

She was nervous, it reminded me of Alyona 2A fall from JGP Ostrava. I hope this fall will represent for Kamila a trampoline too, which will help her to skate clean from now on. She has everything it's needed and can come back in the FS :pray:

Dashw

Rinkside
I hope she has a great free skate this evening. So much promise; hate to see disappointment on her face after short yesterday.

Azikin

Medalist
It's a bit ironic, one would think there's really no reason to be nervous, the competition she's facing here is nothing compared to competition she's regularly facing in Russia.. but of course, it's kind of the first step into the big world.. I hope the second step will be much better.. :cheer:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
It's a bit ironic, one would think there's really no reason to be nervous, the competition she's facing here is nothing compared to competition she's regularly facing in Russia.. but of course, it's kind of the first step into the big world.. I hope the second step will be much better.. :cheer:

Of course. But real athletes take each competition as serious as the other.

For such a young kid, competing at a very adult hour of post 10 pm, what about her sleeping/resting pattern? Those are the challenges every athlete faces and has to learn to deal with. Keep your concentration, divide your powers, take a power nap but don't oversleep, etc. Gleikhengauz is her main guide in this aspect now and here in Courchevel.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
Kamila 1st, Maya 3rd - not bad for an international debut (as Daniil would say).