Kamila Valieva | Page 13 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

Timo T

Rinkside
A short interview by Club Kamila Valieva (Kamila's official fan community in VK. The official status of that community is confirmed by Kamila herself).
https://vk.com/club_kamila_valieva

Q: Do you have any pets?
A: No, but I want to get a Pomeranian.
Q: Kamila, what are your favourite flowers?
A: Peonies, most likely.
Q: Dear Kamila, I have a qustion about intensivity of your daily trainings. How many hours for ice, work out, ballet class?
A: 3 or 4 ours for ice, 2 hours for work out, 1 hour for choreography.
Q: What are your favourite school subjects?
A: History and mathematics.
Q: Kamila, will you learn new quads?
A: Yes.
Q: Can you cook Tatar food?
A: No :)
Q: At what age did you start skating?
A: At 3.5 years.

Some questions from Chinese fans translated by a Russian Chinese-speaking fan.

Q: Would you like to visit China? Which city would you like to visit?
A: Yes, I'd like to visit Beijing.
Q: How do you control your weight? Do you have any special diet?
A: I don't limit myself to anything, I eat everything I want, but in moderation.
Q: What are your favourite elements in figure skating?
A: I like all the elements.
Q: You said you like pop music. What singers or bands do you like most?
A: I don't remember :laugh::laugh::laugh:
Q: Who are you favorite skaters? What do you think about Yuzuru Hanyu?
A: I like Alina Zagitova and Nathan Chen. Yuzuru amazes me with his skating, he's the one of my favourites too.
Q: What is the most unusual gift that you've ever been given? What kind of gifts do you like?
A: I was given iPhone XR right at the time when I started to save money for it :) I like any gifts.
Q: Do you travel a lot? What are you favorite places in Russia? Which places in Russia would you recommend to go to?
A: I don't travel much, I usualy go to some city for competitions and don't have enough time to walk around it. I can recommend to visit Moscow, St. Petersbourg and Kazan.
Q: Who are your friends in Team Tutberidze?
A: I friends with all my teammates.
Q: Do you have any hobby? What sports do you like besides FS?
A: I like to dance, I like to watch rhythmic gymnastics.
Q: Do you study at a regular school? Which teacher is your favourite? Do your classmates congratulate you on your victories?
A: Yes, I study at a regular school. My history teacher is my favourite, she explaines the subject very well and she makes lessons very interesting. I think my classmates don't even know that I compete :laugh:
Q: What languages do you know? Which language would you like to learn? Would you like to learn Chinese?
A: I speak only Russian and I learn English. Chinese is very difficult, but I'll try to learn it a little bit.

*Kamila answered not all the questions yet. I will post new answers when she responds.

Ailera

Rinkside
Yeah, I rather meant that it was generally a bad idea to hold this event. Late time, high altitude, insufficient lighting, three days in a row, just asking for trouble..
The lighting was so bad!!! The rink was practically pitch black and the spotlight must've been blinding

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
Want to wish Kamila the best of luck at JGP Chelyabinsk!

She continues to impress me (and I already love her!) so I wish this young ambitious lady only good things on home terf:hap93:

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Not a champion yet, but already a collector

Figure skater Valiyeva collects quads

CHELYABINSK, September 12 - RIA Novosti, Anatoly Samokhvalov.
Russian figure skater Kamila Valiyeva continues to hone her quadruple Toeloops at the official training of the junior Grand Prix stage in Chelyabinsk, where she is the favorite, but the athlete’s ambitions are focused much further than this tournament in the South Urals.

The fourth stage of the Grand Prix series among juniors will begin on Thursday in the Chelyabinsk Ice Palace "Tractor". On the same day, the single skaters trained in the Youth Palace of Sports.

Only Alysa Liu is close

At the tournament in Chelyabinsk, Valiyeva is considered the favourite, and over the entire series of the Junior Grand Prix, competition in complexity is only provided by the owner of the quad Lutz, American Alysa Liu.
The Russian girl is already demonstrating sweeping skating, with which she may well compete with senior athletes in other competitions.
But she has not yet acquired the habit of showing herself as an "owner of the ice" in training, which is characteristic of leaders. 2014 Olympic champion Adelina Sotnikova and two-time world champion Yevgeniya Medvyedeva felt great and enjoyed being the center of attention, even if music from a rival's program sounds in the arena.
Valiyeva, while maintaining distance, rolls cautiously along her winding paths; during the whole training she never forced her rivals, of whom there were five, to “go astray”. Although Kamila herself while doing a free program run through was hindered by another skater.
Perhaps Valiyeva will still gain this 'champions arrogance', since she only just made her debut in the international scene: the Chelyabinsk stage is her second after the Alpine Courchevel, which she won.

Quad in cascade with difficult exit

After thoroughly warming up, the 13 year old pupil of Tutberidze qualitatively performed the double Axel, the triple Salchow, on the triple Rittberger she skidded away a little, but later the element was repeated for good measure. This was followed by three cascades of Lutz - Toeloop, two cascades of Flip - Toeloop after the Ina Bauer and three of Flip - Euler - Salchow. All elements were done accurately.
After this Valiyeva began to hone her approach to the Toeloop. After three careful warmup attemps, with apparent lightness and calmness, she did a tripe Toeloop, then two more, and only then twisted the four full turns, but fell. After that she reinstated herself with perfect quads - first solo, and after this a quad-double Toeloop cascade with a difficult exit with leg raised.

On Thursday, Kamila and her coaching staff again decided to skate the free program in training, rather than the short one. She twisted the first quad, but her body leaned too much in the air, and the element ended in a fall. After a pause and advice from coach Sergey Dudakov, she successfully performed a triple Rittberger and double Axel, Lutz - Toeloop, Flip - Euler - Salchow, Flip - Toeloop after the Bauer.
Dudakov, in a conversation with RIA Novosti, admitted that they plan to insert two quadruple Toeloops into her free program (quad jumps are not allowed in the short program in junior competitions), but the final decision will be made based on the results of training, since it is necessary to thoroughly understand the state of Valiyeva’s quad Toeloop at that moment.

On Thursday, according to the coach, this element "did't work." However, a couple of attempts looked spectacular, high-quality and easy. At the end of training, Valiyeva again began to grind at Toeloops, but Dudakov did not demand four turns from her. The emphasis was placed on 'wrapping' the jump, so Kamila intentionally and very freely twisted three turns.

The day after tomorrow she will go for the quad(s). While we are talking Toeloops, the career of this collector of "ultra-si" is just beginning.
-----

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Valiyeva wants to skate even more confidently at the Grand Prix in Chelyabinsk

CHELYABINSK, September 13 - RIA Novosti, Anatoly Samokhvalov. Russian figure skater Kamila Valiyeva told she cautiously performed her short program at the junior Grand Prix stage in Chelyabinsk.

The fourth stage of the Junior Grand Prix series takes place on September 12-14 in the Chelyabinsk Ice Palace "Tractor". On Friday, 13-year-old Valieva received 73.56 points in her short program.

“When I jumped, I heard a lot of applause after my landing, but I didn’t hear my music. I even hesitated a little thinking:“ Where is the music! ” Valiyeva told reporters.
"In principle, I am pleased with the turnout of my planned skating run, tomorrow I will try to do everything well too. I competitions I always think not about my rivals, but about my own programs, how to do them better than the previous start. "

“My main rival is myself at the moment”, the skater added. “But in general I would like to skate more confidently, because today I was a little cautious.”

Valiyeva won the first stage of the Junior Grand Prix, which was held in Courchevel France, but made a mistake in the short program.

“The first start is always very exciting, but now I’m used to it. And the fact that I’m performing here in Russia reassures me”, the athlete added.
-----