Kamila Valieva | Page 14 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
The athlete spoke about the experience she gained at the first junior stage of the Grand Prix.

CHELYABINSK, September 13. / TASS /.
The Russian figure skater Kamila Valiyeva is encouraged by the fact that her coach Eteri Tutberidze watches the performances, even when she can not attend the competition. The skater told reporters about this on Friday.

“It spurs us on that Eteri Georgiyevna always watches everything in the broadcast,” Valiyeva said. “Every mistake can be noticed.”

On Friday, the girls present their short programs at the junior Grand Prix stage in Chelyabinsk. Valiyeva, who debuts this season at international level, received 73.56 points for her routine.

“I did my jump and on the exit, I heard a lot of applause, but I didn’t hear the music,” said the 13 year old skater. “It struck me at first, but then, like, I’ve got used to it. In principle, I’m glad over what I've show in my skating today".

The athlete spoke about the experience she has gained at the first junior stage of the Grand Prix, which was held in August in Courchevel. “The first start is always very exciting, but now the fact was added that I perform on home ice in Russia, this calms me even more”, the skater added.
“Right now it is reassuring becasue after the stage in Courchevel we just rolled our programs over and over, and during this work, everything improves".

The girls will present their free programs on Saturday.
-----

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Only just now watched back Kamila and Kseniya at home on the big screen. Both were great.
How loud does an audience of about 6000 people get, with probably half of them young girls capable of screaming at ear piercing level?

When Kamila's score came in, she visibly started/flinched at the sudden volume. Wonderful atmosphere but also somewhat intimidating. Tomorrow will be better :)
-----
Kamila being interviewed this morning after competing her short program: https://vk.com/video-97272391_456243086

Here is FFKKR's official interpretation:

Kamila Valiyeva: “I am my own main rival”

September 13, 2019

Kamila Valiyeva for the skating performance of her short program in the fourth stage of the junior Grand Prix series received 73.56 points. The skater cleanly performed all the elements of her program and after the performance shared her impressions:

" Compared to my previous Grand Prix stage, there are a lot of spectators in the stands in Chelyabinsk. At first it was a little embarrassing, everyone clapped so loudly on every element that I did not even hear the music. I thought: “Where is the music, oh, oh?”, but then everything went fine. I’m glad that I focussed on my skating, cleanly skated the program, got high scores.

I did not think about rivals in competitions, because the main thing for me is to do my elements better than at the previous start. My main rival is myself. Presently...

I want to ride more confidently, because here I was a little cautious. Although in Chelyabinsk it was easier for me to perform, because this is my second stage of the Grand Prix. The first start is always exciting. Moreover, here you perform in the home arena, and this is even more reassuring.

Between the stages of the Grand Prix, we did a lot of programs. Short and Free. Since you do programs every day, all elements are improved.

The "Girl on the Ball" program I skate for the second season. Last year, I skated that program better, but at the end of the season. And now I skated it well at the beginning. So, there is something to strive for ...

My mother came to Chelyabinsk to support me. My trainer Sergey Dudakov is with me. Eteri Tutberidze stayed in Moscow. But I know, she watches my performances, she can consider everything carefully and point out flaws”, commented Kamila Valieva.
-----
from: https://fsrussia.ru/news/4528-kamila-valieva-glavnyj-sopernik-ya-sama.html

Alextrusova

Rinkside
Ok, Kamilla is in the JGPF.
Problems with quads in FP but she did what she needed to do.

Ted said we will see a quad triple soon but is this necessary? She would have to remove one of 3lutz or 3flip which would bring down her technical score

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Figure skater Valieva is pleased with her skating in the free program at the Grand Prix stage in Chelyabinsk

On Saturday, she won the stage in girl's single skating

CHELYABINSK, September 14. / TASS /.
Russian figure skater Kamila Valiyeva is satisfied with how she performed her free program at the junior Grand Prix stage in Chelyabinsk. The athlete told reporters on Saturday.

The girls presented the free program as part of the tournament in Chelyabinsk on Saturday. Valiyeva tried to perform two quadruple Toeloops (one of them in cascade with a double), the 13 year- old skater managed to cleanly perform the combination, but she fell on her solo quad. However, this mistake did not prevent her from winning with a total result of 221.95 points. Valiyeva, for whom this season is her international debut, won the stage in Courchevel. Thanks to the victory in Chelyabinsk she made it to the final of the junior Grand Prix series.

“In principle, I’m satisfied, but I could have done that second Toeloop better”, Valiyeva said.
"I am very pleased that I collected myself and did the second half (of my routine). I tried to calm myself, talking to myself to do everything just like in training, and here it was just like that".

The final of the Junior Grand Prix will be held in Turin at the same time as the Senior - from December 5 to 8.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Lovely Olga Yermolina interview with a smiling and pleased Kamila: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bIBe0PfsL8

You can switch on the auto translated subtitles in your own language I've found out.

Kamila has been given a Pomeraner Spitz puppy, he is named Lion. She is still training him, spends almost all of her free time with him, hoping he will turn out like a best friend, part of the family.
Kamila is now part of the 'older girls changing room club', where the girls chat and have fun.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Narrowly missed Kamila live but I've seen her free skate already. Briefly said, she is the best skater of this season's JGP series. :thumbsup:

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kamila Valiyeva: I don’t throw tantrums, I skate with calmness like Zagitova

Thirteen year old Kamila Valiyeva in her international debut season became the first Russian figure skater to make it into the Final of the Junior Grand Prix, winning two stages of the series, and then talked with Anatoly Samokhvalov.

Quads aren't a miracle, but the norm

Q: Kamila, you very confidently did two quad Toeloops in your free program. How close are you to do the quad Lutz?
A: I don't know yet, I'm still planning to learn a triple Axel. Even when that will happen, I can only guess at this moment.

Q: Sasha Trusova entered the Guinness Book of Records as the first performer of the quadruple Lutz and Toeloop. You didn't feel that, have you been born a little earlier, you could be the first?
A: I cannot chance that, however this topic doesn't bother me. Rather, you first need to master these jumps and consider them not a miracle, but the norm of female figure skating.

Q: Do the trainers also set you up so those quads are not something 'beyond the clouds'?
A: I don’t take them as something unreachable, because every day I see how our girls do them, the same Sasha jumps a Lutz, a Toeloop, enters a triple Axel. All these things are already considered the norm. Moreover, we adopt to them so that there is no big difference between training and competition. You go to the start and calmly do what you already know well.

Q: Do you feel comfortable training in a highly competitive environment, because many people like to be the first in their groups and not everyone likes constant sparring?
A: I’m calmer when there are these strong girls like Sasha (Trusova), Anya (Shcherbakova), Alina (Zagitova) and Alyona (Kostornaya). You follow them, there are no such thoughts that you must be the first. They are older, so it is very convenient to see them in front of you and learn from their experience.

I have already been presented with everything that can be

Q: On whose examples did you grow up?
A: After the 2014 Olympics, I really liked Yuliya Lipnitskaya. Her spins, skating, I was very interested in those, and I tried to do the same things she did. After the 2018 Olympic Games, I really liked Alina Zagitova. I captured the ease with which she executed her programs, and how effectively she jumped. She was an example. Then I also began to try to perform with the same calmness, ease and concentration as Alina’s.

Q: Who has the better stretch - you or Lipnitskaya in her best years?
A: I don’t know, I can’t compare.

Q: The 2014 Olympic champion in short track Semyon Yelistratov, seeing you on Instagram, exclaimed: "Lord, how old is she?" Then he added: "At her age, me and my friends where throwing kefir down from the 9th floor." Have ever acted out like that?
A: Already forgot. Maybe at eight or nine years old.

Q: Throwing tantrums in toy stores?
A: This most certainly never happened.” I asked: "Mom, can I have this toy." If not, I thought to myself: "Okay, I'll go to the next shelf." So I walked between the rows patiently while waiting for her answer: "Well, all right, take it." When I was very, very small, I liked cars more than dolls. And at the age of five or six I began to play with dolls. Another year or two passed, and all the toys were retired. I abandoned them all, now I don’t have any favourite toys.

Q: Have you been obedient as a kid?
A: I tried.

Q: Kostornaya dreamed about this Japanese napkin holder and waited for the fans to present her one. What are you mentally waiting for?
A: In my opinion, they have already given me everything that's possible.

Q: Soon you'll begin to be actively invited to various shows in Japan, which now plays the role of a kind of center for fanatic love of figure skating. Are you ready to accept numerous compliments, take back three suitcases full of gifts?
A: This has not happened yet, but I hope I'm ready.”

Q: In your group, in addition to the skaters, their dogs also become stars. Masaru, Tina Trusova.
A: They are.

Q: Have you got one yourself yet?”
A: Recently I got a Pomeranian Spitz. Boy, two and a half months old. While he is still small, in order to bring him to the rink, he first needs to be vaccinated and only then I can walk him.

Q: Will you try to straighten him?
A: It's funny to talk about this, but probably.

Q: Would you like to perform in the senior Championship of Russia?
A: This year I am not allowed, and I don’t want to speak perform there yet. I just started to compete in juniors at international level.

Q: Who would you like to compete with?
A: With Alice Liu.

Q: In the Grand Prix Final in Turin you two most likely meet.
A: Probably. She jumps quadruple Lutz, two triple Axels. I have two quadruple Toeloops. I still want to know who is stronger - her or me.
When we meet in the same flight, I want to find out what I'll feel more - excitement or interest in this struggle. I am looking forward to it.
-----

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Figure skater Kamila Valiyeva: she started talking about victory at the Olympics as soon as she got on skates

In Chelyabinsk, the stage of the junior series of the Grand Prix in figure skating has ended. The main star of the tournament was the 13 year old pupil of Eteri Tutberidze Kamila Valiyeva, who conquered the audience with sensual skating and a complexity of technical content. This season was Kamila's debut in international junior competitions, but lack of experience did not prevent her from being the first among all singles to qualify for the Grand Prix finals.

After skating her free program, the skater told how she plans to complicate the technical content, how she appeared in the group with Tutberidze, as well as her plans for the Olympic Games in 2022 in Beijing.

Q: Congratulations on your successful performance in Chelyabinsk, as well as on reaching the Grand Prix finals. Tell us how you feel now?
A: I am glad that I did my first quadruple jump (a cascade of quad and double Toeloop) clean, and also that I skated my short program well. And I’m also glad that after falling, I collected myself to continue the second part of my routine.

Q: We are all very lucky, because stages of the Junior Grand Prix in Russia are rare. But at competitions in other countries, the audience is completely different still. Tell me, did you like to perform to full stands?
A: Yes, I really enjoyed performing here. It seems to me that it’s even easier to skate tournaments in Russia than somewhere else.

Q: You do not mind such active support? Because in Chelyabinsk, the audience was sometimes even too noisy.
A: No, on the contrary, it seems to me it helps a little so as not to relax and stay concentrated. For some reason I have this.

Q: Do you realise you are gradually gaining stellar status? For example, most spectators ended up in the arena on Saturday, largely because of you.
A: No, not yet (laughs).

Q: Have you had to give autographs yet?
A: Yes.

Q: In the group of Eteri Georgiyevna Tutberidze you are the fourth who started jumping quadruple jumps at international competitions. Moreover, at the stage in Courchevel, you started with one, and in Chelyabinsk there already were two. Tell me, do you like jumping quads?
A: Sure.

Q: How many quadruples will be optimal for you?
A: Probably, now I would like to do two clean quad Toeloops in my free program. And add a triple Axel.

Q: After the short program, you said that Eteri Georgiyevna was watching all your routines, even when she couldn't attend the competition. In this regard, what excitement is greater: the very entrance to the ice or the fact that the coach, after your skate, will call and scold you for the shortcomings?
A: Somewhere 50 / 50 (laughs). But it seems to me that first of all you are worried about jumps, how to enter them. And now I focus more on jumping elements than on the program itself.

Q: Tell us, what does your standard daily routine look like?
A: At 10 a.m. we usually have choreography or a warm-up. Then classes on ice for an hour and a half, then we relax. After that, at about three in the afternoon we have either a jazz class or a warm-up, another ice - also an hour and a half. Then we do light exercises for 45 minutes.

Q: Pretty tight schedule. Do you have time to study?
A: Yes, I go to one lesson every day. And once a week - for the whole day.

Q: You study at the Sambo-70 school?
A: Not yet, in general education.

Q: Do teachers meet you?
A: Yes, there is this one teacher ... He doesn’t like this schedule, he constantly screams (laughs). I’m sitting at his lesson and it is such a: “Meh.”

Q: Classmates know that you are already, in fact, a famous skater?
A: We recently had a class merger, so I don’t know many classmates. I have been in this school for the second year, and even the previous ones, I didn't know everyone. So now I am not aware of this.

Q: What about hobbies? What do you like doing outside of figure skating?
A: Right now, I care for a puppy. This is my hobby now (laughs). I also really like dancing. When we're given some free time, I can draw. But I am not really an artist.

Q: Eteri Georgiyevna - what do you think she is?
A: She is very demanding, she can scold and praise when necessary. She'll say some words if she sees that you aren't concentraded. And she is very tall and very beautiful.

Q: Are you trying to equal her in certain matters?
A: Probably trying to be more demanding of myself. And all the time, dressing well and looking good.

Q: Tell us how you came to figure skating?
A: I was three and a half years old. My mother wanted to send me to rhythmic gymnastics, but they told her on the phone they only accept five year olds. Then my mother called figure skating - there she was told they have only four year olds, but try and bring anyway. And if she doesn’t gnaw on the ice and is engaged, then we’ll take her.
The first day I rose and fell, cried, the next day my temperature rose. As a child, I often caught a cold, and for my health, it was decided to go to figure skating for at least a year.

Q: This, as I understand it, was still in Kazan. And when did you move to Moscow?
A: At six years old. I started learning at the Moskvich with Marina Kudryavtseva. Then I trained with Igor Lyutikov, with Natal'ya Dubinskaya and Stanislav Kovalyov. By the way, I jumped triple jumps at Natal'ya Petrovna. And then I went on to Eteri Georgiyevna.

Q: Why did you decide to move to the Tutberidze group?
A: Probably, because Natal'ya Petrovna taught me everything she could, my mother and I decided that we should already switch to another coach. Because Eteri Georgiyevna can teach me something new. In addition, there are also girls jumping quads. Perhaps this also became a factor.

Q: Can you recall your first competition?
A: The very first competitions were when is was four. I remember we were given some kind of track. I took third place there, because I was riding in a "swallow" and raised my leg so high, a "fish" could fly underneath.
At the award ceremony, we - all the participants - were lined up in this line and told to stand and wait. And we were still very young children, standing there and shaking from cold, waiting for us to be awarded.

Q: Recently, Alina Zagitova told now she is trying not to get stuck chasing medals. And you do fundamentally win every start?
A: Maybe yes. Because Alina has already won the World Championships, the European Championship, the Russian Championship, and the Olympics, she probably wants to skate more for herself now. But when you're just starting, it is important for you which place you will take.

Q: Have you already thought what you would like to do after figure skating?
A: Difficult question. Once I really wanted to study for psychologist. I don’t know, I really liked it. And I also wanted to become a judge in the International Skating Union (ISU). Now I don’t think about everyday professions.

Q: What are your goals at the moment?
A: The most important thing is to skate my programs cleanly. And if you deliver this, everything else will come.

Q: What about the 2022 Olympics?
A: We don't know what will happen even tomorrow, let alone in 2022. Of course, every skater wants to win the Olympics. This is probably the first thing I said when I went into ice skating - “I want to be an Olympic champion” (laughs). And since then nothing has changed.

Interviewed by Vladislav Zhukov
-----

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
She definitely seems intelligent. It is what fascinates me on those young athletes, the combination if child's view with already built self-awareness.

Fool

On the Ice
Country
South-Korea
(some belated) Congrats to Kamila on reaching the JGPF! Double gold and 2/3 quads already in her young career :dance3:

Selfishly I'm sad because I have to wait so log until I see her next;), but well done to the little one!

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Kamila has been busy giving interview, here is one more, that turned out particularly nice:

Kamila Valiyeva - about Tatar cuisine, training with Tutberidze and favourite skaters
We talked with the finalist of the Junior Grand Prix.

Russian figure skater Kamila Valiyeva won the junior Grand Prix stage in Chelyabinsk and for the first time showed a program with two quadruple jumps. Already, this skater is called the favorite of the Olympics-2022 in Beijing. Kamila has gorgeous choreography, mature skating and a very complicated set of jumps.

Tat'yana Tarasova called Valieva “a skater without weaknesses”.

Since May 2018, Valiyeva has been training with Eteri Tutberidze. She began to engage herself in figure skating in her native Kazan with coach Kseniya Ivanova. Then she moved to Moscow, where she first trained at Moskvich, before coming to Sambo-70 in the group of Tutberidze. Here she trains with Alina Zagitova, Aleksandra Trusova and other figure skating stars.

The victory in Chelyabinsk guaranteed Kamila entry into the Grand Prix finals. There she is most likely to meet American Alysa Liu - the only junior not from Russia who is capable of quad jumps.

BUSINESS Online met with Valiyeva in Chelyabinsk and found out why she complicated her already complicated programs, how she copes with excitement, what she thinks about rivalry with Liu and what Tatar dishes she likes best.

GRAND PRIX IN CHELYABINSK, ALYSA LIU

Q: Kamila, what are your impressions of the Russian Grand Prix stage?
A: Performing in Chelyabinsk was very nice. I was calmer because I performed in Russia, it's easier for me than abroad. Everything is clear, familiar, everyone speaks Russian. I did not expect the stands to be filled with so many people.

Q: Performance at the full house - an excellent training before the final in Italy?
A: Maybe. There should be a lot of spectators at the finals, I think.

Q: Do you think already about the finals?
A: No. I haven't thought so far, have not had the time. But now we will think, this is the next step. In Turin, you will definitely need to skate your programs cleanly. Do two quad Toeloops.

Q: Is it important for you to win the final, or is the main task not a victory, but development?
A: I am developing, but I like to win. Victories are important to me, after all, this is a sport.

Q: You've heard about Alysa Liu?
A: Yes, I know about her. Strong girl.

Q: Do you like her skating?
A: I don’t know, it's not for me to judge her. She is strong.

Q: Are you motivated by having to compete with her?
A: It’s interesting to compete with her. When you know there is another girl who jumps both triple Axels and a quadruple Lutz you understand that just skating your routine with one quad is already rather weak. We need to get more complicated, so we decided to try the program with two quads.

Q: When did you decide on two quads?
A: Gathered together with the coaches after the stage in Courchevel and decided that I can try. Eteri Georgiyevna, when I arrived back, immediately offered to complicate the program and inserted two quad Toeloops in it. After France, I ran through the program with two quads. I was told that if I succeeded the first quad, I should go for the second. If it doesn’t work out, I'd be skating the old version. I made the first quad, and so I decided to try jumping the second.

Q: In training, both jumps turned out clean?
A: Those were different run throughs. I could cleanly skate and fall from the second quad as in Chelyabinsk.

Q: The first quadruple in your cascade. In Chelyabinsk, you added a double Toeloop to a quad Toeloop. This was a mistake?
A: No, that wasn't a mistake. Originally planned. Since I jump two quad Toeloops and two triple Lutz'e, I can not do the cascade 4-3 yet. Therefore, I do 4-2.

Q: How important is the first junior season to you?
A: The first season at any level, I think, is very important. You must immediately show yourself. And since this is my first - it is very exciting. One must be able to cope with this excitement.

BALLET, GYMNASTICS, FAVOURITE SKATERS

Q: Fans are amazed at the smoothness of your skating. In your opinion, how did this appear?
A: I don't even know myself. I think it’s just that they staged the choreography so well for me, explained that everything needs to be done carefully, each hand movement should be precise, everything movement must be measured. We try to do everything meticulously, therefore, probably, it turned out so well. We run the programs through several times. Eteri Georgiyevna, Daniil Markovich carefully look at my every move, asking me to repeat if some don't work out.

At the Grand Prix in Chelyabinsk, I was configured more for jumping. Still, my first appearance in this program with two quads was exciting.

Q: You also did rhythmic gymnastics at one time. What did that experience give you?
A: It seems to me that they stretched me well there. I was four years old then, my body was growing. It was good for my body. And then it was easier for me, because there was no need to stretch.

Q: When you decided to engage yourself in figure skating, you weren't drawn back to rhythmic gymnastics?
A: No, it didn’t. When I was still small, my mother told me clearly: either figure skating, or rhythmic gymnastics, or ballet. I liked figure skating best.

Q: Did you do ballet too?
A: Yes, for a very short time, really. There was a time when I was simultaneously engaged in ballet, and figure skating, and rhythmic gymnastics. In Kazan, I did a lot.

Q: Your coach probably used the ballet practices?
A: I had ballet tutus. Leg transfers, like in ballet, were inserted into my programs. They wanted to diversify my skating.

Q: What exactly attracted you to figure skating?
A: It seems to me when you push, glide over the ice, skate your programs in front of the audience, jump ... All this is very exciting, breathtaking.

Q: Which other skaters have you watched?
A: When I was very young, I really liked Adelina Sotnikova and Yuliya Lipnitskaya. Then I followed other girls, both ours and other countries'. When I grew up, I liked Alina Zagitova. Alina has very easy jumps, strong elements. I also like Zhenya Medvyedeva. Especially her program in the gray-pink dress, about the 9/11 tragedy in the United States.

Speaking of boys, Nathan Chen and Yuzuru Hanyu, I like them. They ride very smoothly, while doing very difficult jumps, they jump very well.

Q: They are very different in skating, in style, approach to business.
A: I know. Many do not like Chen's skating. They say that he is more configured for jumping than skating. But I really like it.

Q: Chen is Trusova’s favourite skater, she dreams of him jumping six quad in one program. Would you like to try yourself such a difficult program?
A: Yes of course. Why not? I like Trusova’s skating too, she does the quad Lutz, almost all quads. That's cool.

ASSESSMENT AT TUTBERIDZE's, TATAR DISHES

Q: Eteri Tutberidze in your first season in Khrustalniy announced your program as her favourite. You immediately got used to the new rink?
A: When I first came to the younger group, I was amazed at how much the girls work. I went to training, made one element, the rest of the time I just rode in circles, a little tired. At the same time, other girls already had performed two or three elements.

While I skated in circles, they already were on to their second and third. And then another 10 elements were done. At first it was difficult for me to integrate, to get used to this pace. To and fro, to and fro, to do the jumping. But then I got used to it, and it spurred me to develop, to work on myself.

Q: How was the assessment by Tutberidze?
A: When I first arrived, Daniil Markovich was the first to watch my skating runs. First, short, then free. Then came Eteri Georgiyevna. She did not watch the full routine, asked me to show jumping and spinning. Then they told my mother that they were waiting for me to come training.

Q: Did you make this decision about the transition together with your mother?
A: Yes. I used to have problems sometimes with attitude and stability. With the new coach, we seriously worked on this.

Q: You are a Tatar native of Kazan. Is this important for you or do you not think about it?
A: Of course it is important. We honour Tatar customs in the family, my grandmother and mother know the Tatar traditions well and try to teach me. For example, in our family we are very fond of Tatar cuisine.

Q: What exactly is on the menu?
A: My grandmother usually cooks. Different dishes: echpochmak, kystyby, very often Tatar noodles. We cook noodles more often. Sometimes I help my grandmother in the kitchen, I try to learn recipes myself.

Q: What is your goal in life?
A: I don't know. It's too early to talk about this.

Q: You used to talk about the Olympics ...
A: And now I’ll talk about them, but it seems to me that everyone has such a dream. It’s too early to think about anything serious. The Grand Prix finals and many other tournaments are still ahead. First you need to win them, only then think about the Olympics. Not right now.

(c)Рустам Имамов
-----

Kamila is probably this flexible by nature, I laughed over her remark 'they stretched me well in RG'

dante

a dark lord
Final Flight
Country
Russia
Q: Chen is Trusova’s favourite skater, she dreams of him jumping six quad in the one program. Would you like to try yourself such a difficult program?
A: Yes of course. Why not? I like Trusova’s skating too, she does the quad Lutz, almost all quads. That's cool.

2017: "I want to jump a quad!"
2018: "I want to jump six quads!"
2019: "Sure, why not?"