Kamila Valieva | Page 15 | Golden Skate

Kamila Valieva

skatergurl7

On the Ice
Is kamila keeping her free program layout for JGPF? Quad toe is the only quad she has right? I still think with the current layout she can still beat alysa even if alysa goes clean.

figurefan0726

Final Flight
Is kamila keeping her free program layout for JGPF? Quad toe is the only quad she has right? I still think with the current layout she can still beat alysa even if alysa goes clean.

i was thinking maybe she would want to change her 4T+2T to a 4T+3T, but then she would have to take out one of her 3-3s.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
i was thinking maybe she would want to change her 4T+2T to a 4T+3T, but then she would have to take out one of her 3-3s.

That would pay off if she would want to add another quad into her program, that would replace the 3-3 combo, but now it is probably unnecessary risk for her.

SXTN

Final Flight

If both go relatively clean, she will beat Alysa by a mile. Kamila has better GOE on everything and should be 7-8 points ahead in PCS.

JazzUp

#янехомяк!
Medalist
:(

Oksana Ten (Denis Ten's mum) said in a recent interview:

Kamila Valieva, who jumps quads, was supposed to participate. But she has a slight injury. Therefore, other students of Eteri Tutberidze are present here.

Hope it's nothing serious.

Edwin

СделаноВХрустальном!
Record Breaker
Best of all , #TeamTutberidzeForProgress doesn’t push their skaters to compete with even minor injuries.

Of course, they have such a large selection of top pupils, a substitute is no lesser skater or competitor:)

BabySloth

On the Ice
Country
Hungary
I really hope Kamila is recovered and will show her best form at JGPF. It's been like 3 months since she competed though, I'm a bit worried. Even though I would like to see a grand battle between her and Alysa, the most important thing is that she stays healthy. Looking forward to next weekend. :yahoo:

Vemvane

On the Ice
Kamila is such a lovely performer - she is really special to watch, and I think the story behind the programme, of the painting come to life, makes it even more poignant at the end, when she returns to her painting. A pity about the loop, but I think she was a little tense to start with, what with this being her first JGP final, not to mention the fact that everyone talks about her with such high expectations. After that jump, she just put the wobble behind her and went on with her skate, and did such a lovely job that I am still humming the tune even after watching the other girls, who all skated very well too.

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
At the beginning of Kamila's program I was worrying there will be a disaster, fortunately it ended only with the bad landing on the Rittberger and the rest was very good. Of course in better state she would deliver much better program, but still, without that mistake on the Rittberger she would be probably in the lead even with the injury. Now it's not so necessary to strive for the first place and rather follow the safe path for recovery. The junior nationals awaits and I hope till the junior worlds everything will be fine.