2019 US Championships Tickets | Golden Skate

2019 US Championships Tickets

Greta

On the Ice
Looks like you have to search for best available and can’t select your own seats. Has anyone found a way to select particular seats?

RubySkate

Rinkside
Update: The issues I was having seem to be resolved as of 10:30am Eastern. Yay! Looking forward to Detroit!

I had to "activate flash" on my browser to get seat selection. But I'm having a lot of technical issues and haven't been able to purchase yet. I think maybe they are resolving those issues now, because it says the offer is currently not available.

Looks like you have to search for best available and can’t select your own seats. Has anyone found a way to select particular seats?

Last edited:

Tonichelle

Idita-Rock-n-Roll
Record Breaker
seats are more expensive than this year's nationals. makes no sense considering it's the year AFTER an Olympic year. Seems more and more they don't want folks to attend! Glad I didn't have my heart set on going this year.

ETA: ah, the price range to search is higher but the tickets are actually lower in the main bowl.... pre-sale only includes the expensive seats, no cheap seats... interesting.

Still not able to go but at least I feel better about how they're pricing things out... kinda.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Not impressed that they're still not selling the cheap seats.

I'd rather buy a cheap seat all-event for US Nats and save my $$$ for some good seats at 4CC.

temadd

Final Flight
Got an email from USFS that Championship weekend tickets are on sale. When I clicked on the link and tried to buy tickets, it asked for a promo code. There was not one in the email. Any one else?

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Bought my single tickets today for Pairs Short and Ladies Short using this link http://app.e.usfigureskating.org/e/...9a33c4af8a5c08aeae5906b2f&elqaid=1161&elqat=1 along with the promo code 2019Champions.

I prefer sitting in the "bend" in the ends, so for Pairs we are close to the K & C and are at the opposite end for Ladies. Ticket prices were $25, but by the time the fees and mailing charge were added, it ended up being $45 per ticket. There is no option to print at home. The only freebie option is to have the tickets sent to your phone. Snail mail is $5 per order.

Today is still being called Pre-Order, and tickets go on sale to the public on Friday, Oct. 5.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There's a much bigger difference this year between Row 4 seats in the lower section, and Row 12 seats. Fortunately, my friend said "this is once in a lifetime for me," and we got Row 4.

I have an annoying theory that the difference between this year and every other year I've attended nationals is the new Little Ceasars' Arena. Of course, I could be projecting, since I'm still completely mad that it's not at Joe Louis Arena anymore. My friend who went to SA 2013 with me was so thrilled to be near ice that [her favorite hockey player] had many years ago skated on! That kind of history means something to fans and the general public, whether hockey, fs fans, or anyone else. End of rant.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
There's a much bigger difference this year between Row 4 seats in the lower section, and Row 12 seats. Fortunately, my friend said "this is once in a lifetime for me," and we got Row 4.

I have an annoying theory that the difference between this year and every other year I've attended nationals is the new Little Ceasars' Arena. Of course, I could be projecting, since I'm still completely mad that it's not at Joe Louis Arena anymore. My friend who went to SA 2013 with me was so thrilled to be near ice that [her favorite hockey player] had many years ago skated on! That kind of history means something to fans and the general public, whether hockey, fs fans, or anyone else. End of rant.

Joe Louis Arena is being razed to make way for condos per my Uber driver. Whether or not she’s right I don’t know. But it isn’t in use.

skylark

Gazing at a Glorious Great Lakes sunset
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Joe Louis Arena is being razed to make way for condos per my Uber driver. Whether or not she’s right I don’t know. But it isn’t in use.

Yeah, and most if not all the displays of sports history have been taken over to LCA. And the truth is, I was very very impressed with the new arena, happy with all the facilities and especially with "host" employees. It was a great event. I am not complaining.

It's just that I'm a history buff ... and more than that, I think having historic buildings adds so much value to communities. So it bugged me. And so I had this little rant. :drama:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yeah, and most if not all the displays of sports history have been taken over to LCA. And the truth is, I was very very impressed with the new arena, happy with all the facilities and especially with "host" employees. It was a great event. I am not complaining.

It's just that I'm a history buff ... and more than that, I think having historic buildings adds so much value to communities. So it bugged me. And so I had this little rant. :drama:

The host employees were crazy good. I had one go back to the Motor City Club to get my “coat” and he took a picture of it to make sure it was mine, showed it to me and then went back to retrieve it for me. He wasn’t sure because he said in Detroit this is a sweater...well in St Louis it’s a coat...lol. I wrote out a comment card for him, it was just way above and beyond the call. Hopefully he’ll get some small bonus or something. And they all seemed truly happy to have us and lots seemed to be fans, clapping and cheering for the skaters. Way way way better than my Boston TD Garden experience.

Arriba627

TWO-TIME WORLD CHAMPION 🔥
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A+ for the employees. From concessions, to ushers, to ticket takers, etc. -- everyone very pleasant and helpful. They should bid for Worlds! Beautiful arena.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
A+ for the employees. From concessions, to ushers, to ticket takers, etc. -- everyone very pleasant and helpful. They should bid for Worlds! Beautiful arena.

They were amazing. I’d go to Worlds there. Especially since it’s in March and not January.