Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Thread: 2018-19 Chinese figure skating

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    INterestng that Savchenko is working with the Chinese I say that because if she is truly planning to return isn't there a conflict of interest? I never understood how in the long term plans it was great to use her as a coach if you didn't know how long she would stick around and more important as a coach how good is she?

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Skater Boy View Post
    I think the Chinese are doing just fine. They have improved in dance and now have a team that could be top ten. They have a medal contender in men's and are in the battle for gold in pairs. They also have a lady or even two that are top ten or could be top ten. This all bodes well for the olympic team event in Bejing. Certainly a medal is forseeable. With the fall of Canada or at least apparent fall right it should ensure China a team medal.
    - According to the scores of the beginning of this season, Wang/Liu would be 14th at Worlds, far from the 10th position.
    - With his 19th place at last worlds, Boyang Jin shows too much inconsistency. And after Han Yan's retirement/exclusion from Chinese Fed, he's alone.
    - 22th at OG, 26 at last Worlds... Xiangning Li is far far away from the podium and we don't know if she will continue to skate singles. And the only other competitive senior skater this season, Hongyi Chen, still doesn't have the TES for Worlds.
    - With 2 of 3 pairs often injured and doing only half-seasons, the next OG are uncertain...

Before hoping for a team medal, China should first advance to the free skating.
    Still wondering why this absence of strategy from the Chinese Fed for 2022...

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Midnightcass View Post
    This doesn’t make any sense....
    Did they leave the national team because of her injury? We’re they kicked out? Why weren’t there any announcements?
    It's all very fuzzy in China now. Peng/Jin is the only one who's definitely training in Shen/Zhao's base at the moment. Boyang and Yu/Zhang are not with Shen/Zhao.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBear View Post
    It's all very fuzzy in China now. Peng/Jin is the only one who's definitely training in Shen/Zhao's base at the moment. Boyang and Yu/Zhang are not with Shen/Zhao.
    I personally think training out of s/z could be a breakthrough for y/z, because I actually don’t think s/z are smart coaches that come up with reasonable strategies. Out of the national team this year, y/z tried a new choreographer, done some work with savchenko (which is definitely a bit weird considering Zhang had competed more than 10 years against Savchenko). Not all new moves make positive results, but at least it’s worth it bcz the national team almost always stuck with Lori Nichol for the top tier pairs recently.

Btw, anyone has some information about w/w withdrawing golden spin?

Rinkside

4 Not allowed!
    Sui posted a training video on Weibo. They did a throw 3F and a side-by-side spin. The video is muted.
    She also mentioned they will attend a show next month in Beijing and will perform their short program and exhibition.

video here: https://weibo.com/2342329387/H3IMrBRgT?type=comment

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21