2018-19 Chinese figure skating | Page 18 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Chinese figure skating

yqs100

On the Ice
I dunno why some people quote Wikipedia as source!!

I want to state it again, Yu/Zhang are training with Team Beijing in Jie Hua Shan camp. And they are working on new programs now.

yqs100

On the Ice

ancientpeas

The Notorious SEW
Record Breaker
Wikipedia is not reliable resource and when I went and looked at it I could not see anything about Yu. Please be careful about what you use as a source. If it's not reliable then it's gossip.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Well, i just brought it because Yu/Zhang was listed there, no other reasons. And i also know it’s not a reliable source. I’m happy for them if they are still together working on a new program.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Update:
Lu Chen is leading a new team with Beverly Zhu and a few Chinese ice dancers. The new team is based is America.
Beverly Zhu is last year's America Novice Champion. She is 16 and has some good skating skills and 3F3T but she didn't do 3Lz last season. Her father is a Chinese citizen and make her possible gaining a Chinese citizenship at 18.

So now Lu Chen, Pang&Tong, Shen&Zhao are leading three different teams. Two pairs of ice dancers are in Montreal, two young male skaters are in RA's group and some of the young girls are in Shijixing Club.

tiantian

Rinkside
Update:
Lu Chen is leading a new team with Beverly Zhu and a few Chinese ice dancers. The new team is based is America.
Beverly Zhu is last year's America Novice Champion. She is 16 and has some good skating skills and 3F3T but she didn't do 3Lz last season. Her father is a Chinese citizen and make her possible gaining a Chinese citizenship at 18.

So now Lu Chen, Pang&Tong, Shen&Zhao are leading three different teams. Two pairs of ice dancers are in Montreal, two young male skaters are in RA's group and some of the young girls are in Shijixing Club.

This sounds good!

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
Do you know which city will Lu Chen's team be based? I was thinking East & West in LA but realized her former coach is there, which might be a little uncomfortable for both. And do you know if her team is sponsored by the Chinese federation or out of her own private rink in Southern China?

Update:

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Do you know which city will Lu Chen's team be based? I was thinking East & West in LA but realized her former coach is there, which might be a little uncomfortable for both. And do you know if her team is sponsored by the Chinese federation or out of her own private rink in Southern China?

The information gives three locations: training center of University of Delaware, Skating Edge Ice Arena and Chen Lu's skating club in Beijing. So I think the base will be Delaware? Her team is sponsored by the Chinese federation.

yqs100

On the Ice

Lu's team is sponsored by the Olympic committee of China. And she also got additional 10 spots for her to add in the team later on.

Now the pic is very clear. Shen/Zhao Team will focus on Pairs, along with Boyang Jin and Two ice dancing team training in Canada and two junior men training with RA.

Pang/Tong’s Team will focus on Yan Han, and possibly will have some junior pairs (TBC)

Chen Lu’s Team will focus on ladies single and ice dancing from Jilin Team.

Personally I think this is wonderful for China’s figure skating. More people got chance to be part of the national team, which means China really invests in figure skating. If it turns out good results, this will attract more people to participate in this sports.

But looks like this type of resource is short term, for Beijing 2022 only.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
It's said that a French Choreographer might come to help Yu/Zhang with their programs next week. Hmmm, curious...And good to see Chinese Pairs working with choreographers other than Lori.
Ps: TBH I don't like Misha Ge's choreography for Wang/Wang. Hope this one is better.

Benoît Richaud has arrived in Beijing and he will do the choreograph for Yu/Zhang and Xiangyi An's new long program. Hope to see some fresh moves.

Spinning

On the Ice
Such a mess! All these fiasco doesn't look good for such a big sport country preparing to host the biggest event in winter sport.

The rise of Russian pairs are unstoppable now without the Chinese power house. Chinese ladies look so bleak. I feel sorry for Boyang since he would be a sole skater to shoulder the winning expectations for the next few years.