2018-19 Chinese figure skating | Page 11 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Chinese figure skating

Haleth

On the Ice
Is there any news about Boyang? Will he move to TCC or not?

He's doing The Ice right now. I'd imagine that if he was to go this season, heading to Toronto not long afterwards would be the last likely time to do so. Whether we'd know immediately or not depends on whether social media gives us his whereabouts, or of course an announcement/interview with a reputable source like Brian, or Boyang's current coach(es). If not, as chopinskate said, then seeing him (or not) during media days at TCC (historically either August or September), would be a pretty good clue until he appears at a competition or official news of his status is given.

Eclair

Medalist
I don't understand why this is such a big secret. If he goes, just tell the public he is going. If not, tell them not. If it's not decided, just say it's not decided yet. This silence is ridiculous, even though very typical of the Chinese fed (but quite untypical for Brian). Instead they are posting about Sui Han recovering for the 1000 time from injury as if that's the answer to everything. Chinese fed needs to understand that no statement is not neutral. It's bad publicity, reaffirming the impression that they are isolated and unpredictable / unreliable.

Rafael said in an interview last year that he was sheduled to take on a Chinese skater and in the last minute the fed said no. He had plans. He turned down other students. He was complaining a little bit about that 'you can't plan'.

Also, does anybody know whether Zhang He is in the national team? I thought he was one of the more promising juniors. Why wasn't he sent to Raf?

Midnightcass

On the Ice
Xiangning Li is the only lady from China on the GP circuit. Are there any promising juniors coming up?

There's Chen Hongyi who was a junior last year. I heard that she's moving up to seniors this season but she doesn't have any GP spots. :( Her new programs are choreographed by Misha Ge.
I don't know anyone else except for some promising pre-juniors such as An Xiangyi, Cao Qijing and Feng Xinhui. I think Cao might enter the JGP circuit either this or next season. An and Feng wouldn't enter until the 20/21 season.

Video compilation of the recent club league competition in Qingdao:
https://m.bilibili.com/video/av26210898.html

An Xiangyi (first video) came first. Chen Hongyi second and Feng Xinhui third. Cao wasn't at that game.

Midnightcass

On the Ice
I don't understand why this is such a big secret. If he goes, just tell the public he is going. If not, tell them not. If it's not decided, just say it's not decided yet. This silence is ridiculous, even though very typical of the Chinese fed (but quite untypical for Brian). Instead they are posting about Sui Han recovering for the 1000 time from injury as if that's the answer to everything. Chinese fed needs to understand that no statement is not neutral. It's bad publicity, reaffirming the impression that they are isolated and unpredictable / unreliable.

Rafael said in an interview last year that he was sheduled to take on a Chinese skater and in the last minute the fed said no. He had plans. He turned down other students. He was complaining a little bit about that 'you can't plan'.

Also, does anybody know whether Zhang He is in the national team? I thought he was one of the more promising juniors. Why wasn't he sent to Raf?

Correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't it Han Yan the atudent Raf was suppose to take on? We all know how that arrangement worked out. 🙄
Zhang He wasn't on the National Team roster so I suppose he isn't a part of it anymore like Han Yan and Wang/Wang. As unfortunate as it is, Zhang He was always in the shadow of Boyang and Han especially during juniors. He has been competing as a senior for the past three years (same as Boyang) but has never made it big on the international circuit. I suppose this is the reason why he was never sent out for training. The fed rather send out younger promising juniors in preparation for Olys.
On a lighter note, Zhang is still competing. He trains under the same coaches as Boyang and just got choreography done by Wilson.

gizmo

On the Ice

Typical of China really..... but I don’t think Brian would say anything until China fed announces, don’t think is wise for him to say something first,
never know what the China fed will throw back at him.....

charlotte14

Medalist

Per my understanding throught various talks, Chinese fed wants Boyang to go. But somehow Boyang side (Boyang himself or his family or his coach I do not know) does not want to move to Canada for a long term. And now they are still in a debate.

lyndichee

Medalist
Does anyone know what's the reason for Sui/Han to skip both GP events?

Most likely because the team needs rest as they were on a really tight schedule to make it to the Olympics and Sui had a stress fracture. Hopefully she is taking it easy. No reason to push as 2022 is a long way.

SamuraiKike

Medalist
Sui on her recent statement of recovery said they will take things very carefully since her injusty was a fatigue fracture so given this is just the first post olympic season it makes sense for them to skip the GP series. In the large scheme of things for an already stablished team missin the first GP of the quadrennial is not so important.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
Sui on her recent statement of recovery said they will take things very carefully since her injusty was a fatigue fracture so given this is just the first post olympic season it makes sense for them to skip the GP series. In the large scheme of things for an already stablished team missin the first GP of the quadrennial is not so important.

Yes, but many teams had announced they will skip the GP series before the assignments went in so I guess they could have done the same... Hope she recovers fully and we could see them win events this season.

saphire

On the Ice
Because of all the injuries Sui has suffered in the past it is good for them to make sure this stress fracture heals right. Don't want to have chronic nagging problems with it. Maybe they could compete by February at 4cc.

HoneyBear

On the Ice

Zhang is actually older than Boyang, so he really isn't a "promising junior" anymore.