2018-19 Chinese figure skating | Page 15 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Chinese figure skating

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Now she is co-coaching a junior girl and a novice girl as well as doing cheros for young skaters. I think her chance of getting back is not that high.

Spinning

On the Ice
The skater that they mention who's not going to the GP because of surgery is Yu Xiaoyu, who they say will be included under ladies' singles.

If they are going to switch Xiaoyu to single, that will be the next best thing (after get back with Jin obviously ). She isn't a strong jumper but with focus training she might be better.

Chinese Feds does their own things under their own rules. It is confusing but in a way very entertaining!

marthick

Rinkside
I mean, I don't think she's going to be doing singles long-term. I think she's just listed under there for training now since Zhang Hao is a question mark for Beijing 2022 at the moment. Training in singles also might help with the whole SBS jumps issue.

Though, if Zhang Hao isn't listed as her partner, though, I'm surprised they haven't found someone else to stick her with in the meantime. :scratch2:

s_parks

Record Breaker
Though, if Zhang Hao isn't listed as her partner, though, I'm surprised they haven't found someone else to stick her with in the meantime. :scratch2:

I'm not, the the CSA clearly only goes out of their(or others') way for Zhang and... that's it.

Eclair

Medalist
Question is.... TES aside, how do you think she would fare in PCS?

not good enough for singles. I like xiaoyu as a person, but even though she has the lines and balletic training, she is not a very expressive skater, nor does she has a broad range of styles she can do. I don't think anyone is crazy enough (not even a coach who wanted Han yan in ice dance - he is not even a good dancer) to see realitstic chances for her in singles...

Midnightcass

On the Ice
not good enough for singles. I like xiaoyu as a person, but even though she has the lines and balletic training, she is not a very expressive skater, nor does she has a broad range of styles she can do. I don't think anyone is crazy enough (not even a coach who wanted Han yan in ice dance - he is not even a good dancer) to see realitstic chances for her in singles...

I think that’s a pretty common stereotype for Xiaoyu. Whenever I see her skate with zhang, she’s the definite highlight of the program. 😂
I would like to think that she must homage shown some promise in the singles field for the Chinese fed to put her there. I expect some beautiful spirals and spins from her:

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Just seeing Zijun's name has me so excited - I'm trying to keep my hopes in check, but I just would love for her to come back so bad.

Every time I see her post on Instagram my heart swells a little. She’s coaching and doing some Choreo from the reports ive seen. She’s always such a favorite.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
I think that’s a pretty common stereotype for Xiaoyu. Whenever I see her skate with zhang, she’s the definite highlight of the program. 😂
I would like to think that she must homage shown some promise in the singles field for the Chinese fed to put her there. I expect some beautiful spirals and spins from her:

Same here. She wasn’t really that expressive when she was in Junior, but after she came to the senior field, many thing changed. Especially when she was princess Leia.
She doesn’t have a lot of facial expression, but i think feeling the music by the skater’s body is more important than only frowning or smiling. And she is very talented for expressing the music by her hole body, shoulders, fingers.

She did that spirit dance amazingly, so i hope her to do a tango one day!

marthick

Rinkside
I'm enjoying how much my translation blew up. I'm still pretty sure she's only in singles training for SBS jump practice + Zhang likely not aiming for Beijing 2022. The speculation is fun, though, you never know what's going to happen with what Team China's been up to this year. :laugh:

Spinning

On the Ice
I'm enjoying how much my translation blew up. I'm still pretty sure she's only in singles training for SBS jump practice + Zhang likely not aiming for Beijing 2022. The speculation is fun, though, you never know what's going to happen with what Team China's been up to this year. :laugh:

Nothing's wrong with speculation as long as it stays positive. Maybe it is wishful thinking in a way. She is such a beautiful skater afterall.

I went on Xiaoyu Marathon last night, even found some of mini Yu/Jin old competitions(from 2006?). If she switches to Single, I don't think her PCS will be a problem. She has been praised with great skating skills and artistry from a young age especially from B.Eurosports uncles. Her facial expressions are subtle but very emotional similar to young Yuna before working with DW. Her weakness will be her 2A for sure. I have no idea how many triples she has but well....details details. Lol. I agree with Midnightcass on her arm positions in her spins. She has many unique variable arm movements to show off and more.

Anyway, I thought Zhang has his eyes on 2022 OG. Did he voice any uncertainty or change of plan that I miss? With so many weird moves this year from TeamChina, I though he might wait and see how Xianning might have a flair in pairs before snatched her up as a new partner or sth.

It's going to be three looong years for us fans. :popcorn:

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Nothing's wrong with speculation as long as it stays positive. Maybe it is wishful thinking in a way. She is such a beautiful skater afterall.

I went on Xiaoyu Marathon last night, even found some of mini Yu/Jin old competitions(from 2006?). If she switches to Single, I don't think her PCS will be a problem. She has been praised with great skating skills and artistry from a young age especially from B.Eurosports uncles. Her facial expressions are subtle but very emotional similar to young Yuna before working with DW. Her weakness will be her 2A for sure. I have no idea how many triples she has but well....details details. Lol. I agree with Midnightcass on her arm positions in her spins. She has many unique variable arm movements to show off and more.

Anyway, I thought Zhang has his eyes on 2022 OG. Did he voice any uncertainty or change of plan that I miss? With so many weird moves this year from TeamChina, I though he might wait and see how Xianning might have a flair in pairs before snatched her up as a new partner or sth.

It's going to be three looong years for us fans. :popcorn:

Didn’t she team up with jin in 2008? I could find their photos from 2008. And some of those videos from 2009.

Spinning

On the Ice
Didn’t she team up with jin in 2008? I could find their photos from 2008. And some of those videos from 2009.

I don't remember the year exactly but I watched the one from 2009 as well. And she was much much smaller from 2009 video. I've never been great at guessing Asian kids age but maybe she might be around 8(maybe???). I will look it up later tonight trying to find it then.

s_parks

Record Breaker
More news on the training camp: http://drag0ness.tumblr.com/post/177959659217/the-establishment-of-the-pangtong-national-figure

The main things from it are that the list is currently an invitational list for a new national training camp led by Pang/Tong, and it looks like the government is furiously backpedaling on Zijun. Oh, and it looks like Xiaoyu is actually looking for a new partner. :popcorn:

coughreuniteherwithjincough
jk, that would be cruel to peng. But ugh, they should never have split yu and jin up. who does that?(don't answer that)
now I'm just revisiting the past...
who could she pair up with? Will they get one of the better junior pair guys?

marthick

Rinkside
coughreuniteherwithjincough
jk, that would be cruel to peng. But ugh, they should never have split yu and jin up. who does that?(don't answer that)
now I'm just revisiting the past...
who could she pair up with? Will they get one of the better junior pair guys?

There's some wild speculation that Zhang Hao might partner up with Xiangning, which is so typical. :palmf: This possibility leaves Zhong Xie free in the future, in which case, not a good look all around.

s_parks

Record Breaker
There's some wild speculation that Zhang Hao might partner up with Xiangning, which is so typical. :palmf: This possibility leaves Zhong Xie free in the future, in which case, not a good look all around.

nonononono....
please tell me that's a false rumor by the chinese netizens that hate zhang hao...
Zhong is quite good individually, and finally deserves a partner that has two triples. And while I like both him and xiaoyu, I don't think he's tall enough for her. I'd like to just dismiss it as a rumor seeing as they were in a news clip(posted in this thread) not too long ago and are still on the GP entries, but... I can't put anything past the CSA :palmf:
Well, I did hear a rumor before that zhang wanted to pair up with sui when the partner switch drama happened, but apparently zhao drew the line there and told him hell no, so I hope if there's any basis in this speculation zhao will tell him the same.

marthick

Rinkside
nonononono....
please tell me that's a false rumor by the chinese netizens that hate zhang hao...
Zhong is quite good individually, and finally deserves a partner that has two triples. And while I like both him and xiaoyu, I don't think he's tall enough for her. I'd like to just dismiss it as a rumor seeing as they were in a news clip(posted in this thread) not too long ago and are still on the GP entries, but... I can't put anything past the CSA :palmf:
Well, I did hear a rumor before that zhang wanted to pair up with sui when the partner switch drama happened, but apparently zhao drew the line there and told him hell no, so I hope if there's any basis in this speculation zhao will tell him the same.

Don't worry, still wild speculation by netizens right now. The only thing I would worry about at the moment is that we don't know much about Zhang Hao's plans. Chances are that someone's getting moved around, but I think Li/Zhong will be stable this year.