2018-19 Chinese figure skating | Page 17 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Chinese figure skating

GarthAqua

On the Ice
No I know she was injured bu the issue is really how is she healing. This is the problem people say they are doing triples are quads but are they really landing them consistently in competition or ready for competition is different.

With the new rules, I think the Chinese teams should stop trying quads. Quads are with high risks and often with low GOEs, and the base values have been lowered. Perfect triples are better than flawed quads. Sui & Han will skip the GP season, so maybe by 4CC they will be fully recovered.

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Twitter is allowed in China?

Not sure about twitter but here's a digital copy of the open communication document from the Chinese general administration of sports on Weibo: https://m.weibo.cn/5242052298/4281755139498550
The training camp could be roughly translated as Pang/Tong Figure Skating National Team Training Camp.
Some noticeable names in the singles include Zijun Li, Ziquan Zhao, Xiangyi An, Xiaoyu Yu, Han Yan. Pairs team Xuehan Wang/Lei Wang is also on the list.

yqs100

On the Ice
why is pang/tong's twitter saying, that Yu is invited to train in singles because is has no partner at the moment then? Which one is true? Is she now training with Zhang or is she not?

Pang/ Tong’ Twitter? Maybe u should ask Pang/Tong directly since you have their Twitter which I don’t have. From what I saw, Yu/Zhang are back on training now.

Yu was training alone with Team Beijing in Qingdao too. After a few months rest, probably it’s better to be slowly recover rather rushing for competition.

Again Yu/ Zhang won’t split

yqs100

On the Ice
No I know she was injured bu the issue is really how is she healing. This is the problem people say they are doing triples are quads but are they really landing them consistently in competition or ready for competition is different.

Sui is doing good. Start training on her solo jumps this week. Looks good so far, especially the 3S, changed the entrance and more solid.

Eclair

Medalist
Pang/ Tong’ Twitter? Maybe u should ask Pang/Tong directly since you have their Twitter which I don’t have. From what I saw, Yu/Zhang are back on training now.

Yu was training alone with Team Beijing in Qingdao too. After a few months rest, probably it’s better to be slowly recover rather rushing for competition.

Again Yu/ Zhang won’t split

okay thank you for clarification! Isn't this Pang/Tong's official twitter? :

https://twitter.com/SkatingChina/status/1038421322714558464

There they put xiaoyu in singles. Together with Zhang's interview last season where he was unsure if he wants to continue until 2022 and this translation of a fan of an official announcement by the State General Sports Administration of China that a National training camp (http://drag0ness.tumblr.com/post/177959659217/the-establishment-of-the-pangtong-national-figure) where it is written that an inside source says that Xiaoyu is without partner at the moment.

all this resulted in confusion about the status of Yu/Zhang. If you are involved at the rink in Beijing, maybe you can tell people that the PR for Chinese figure skating is done very badly. From confusion about splits, retirements, coaching and who is on the world team, to no answers given or it takes too much time until an official statement is released. You want people to talk about and care about your figure skaters. But long silence, no statement or contradicting statements are not helping.

It was very good that you reacted so fast and clarified about Yu/Zhang. In the past, all we fans would hear is silence to various rumors and that didn't help. Some of the rumours turned out to become true, so there was no way to know which rumors are true or not. And if it is uncertain whether Yu/zhang will stay together or not because Zhang doesn't know whether he wants to compete until 2022 or not, then it is better to say that it is uncertain. Don't cover up, because if they split in the future because of this reason, then damage is bigger.

Last year a Japanese journalist wanted an interview with Boyang. He was a fan of him and was interested in him and wanted to be positive about him. Still, in his article he says it was very very hard to get that interview and sometimes he didn't even get answers from people he wrote emails to. Why is that? It shouldn't be so hard to put a person behind a desk who answers ALL incoming mails in A DAY. If a journalist or even a lot of fans hear unsourced information and they want an answer, it is not good if it takes DAYS until they get one. Just a sentence like: 'We received your mail. I'll talk with the responsible people and will get back at you as soon as possible' is much better.
And you know what would be even better? A twitter or Instagram account where people can ask and get reliable answers in just hours.
Also, a lot of statements are released only in Chinese and not even on an official website but you have to search for them yourself. Chinese isn't easy, not everyone speaks it.

And lastly, speak with your athletes before releasing official statements about them. It doesn't make a good impression, if the official statement says one thing and the athlete says another thing or doesn't say anything at all. And treat your athletes better. And I mean all athletes, not just the winning ones (which aren't many by the way).

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Last year a Japanese journalist wanted an interview with Boyang. He was a fan of him and was interested in him and wanted to be positive about him. Still, in his article he says it was very very hard to get that interview and sometimes he didn't even get answers from people he wrote emails to.

From what I read through translation, that journalist was sent to Harbin, where Boyang used to train until last season, only to find out Boyang had relocated to Beijing. He was able to contact one of Boyang's coaches and even Boyang's mother, but they both told him he needed to obtain permission from the fed to speak to one of its skaters. So much secrecy.

yqs100

On the Ice
okay thank you for clarification! Isn't this Pang/Tong's official twitter? :

https://twitter.com/SkatingChina/status/1038421322714558464

There they put xiaoyu in singles. Together with Zhang's interview last season where he was unsure if he wants to continue until 2022 and this translation of a fan of an official announcement by the State General Sports Administration of China that a National training camp (http://drag0ness.tumblr.com/post/177959659217/the-establishment-of-the-pangtong-national-figure) where it is written that an inside source says that Xiaoyu is without partner at the moment.

all this resulted in confusion about the status of Yu/Zhang. If you are involved at the rink in Beijing, maybe you can tell people that the PR for Chinese figure skating is done very badly. From confusion about splits, retirements, coaching and who is on the world team, to no answers given or it takes too much time until an official statement is released. You want people to talk about and care about your figure skaters. But long silence, no statement or contradicting statements are not helping.

It was very good that you reacted so fast and clarified about Yu/Zhang. In the past, all we fans would hear is silence to various rumors and that didn't help. Some of the rumours turned out to become true, so there was no way to know which rumors are true or not. And if it is uncertain whether Yu/zhang will stay together or not because Zhang doesn't know whether he wants to compete until 2022 or not, then it is better to say that it is uncertain. Don't cover up, because if they split in the future because of this reason, then damage is bigger.

Last year a Japanese journalist wanted an interview with Boyang. He was a fan of him and was interested in him and wanted to be positive about him. Still, in his article he says it was very very hard to get that interview and sometimes he didn't even get answers from people he wrote emails to. Why is that? It shouldn't be so hard to put a person behind a desk who answers ALL incoming mails in A DAY. If a journalist or even a lot of fans hear unsourced information and they want an answer, it is not good if it takes DAYS until they get one. Just a sentence like: 'We received your mail. I'll talk with the responsible people and will get back at you as soon as possible' is much better.
And you know what would be even better? A twitter or Instagram account where people can ask and get reliable answers in just hours.
Also, a lot of statements are released only in Chinese and not even on an official website but you have to search for them yourself. Chinese isn't easy, not everyone speaks it.

And lastly, speak with your athletes before releasing official statements about them. It doesn't make a good impression, if the official statement says one thing and the athlete says another thing or doesn't say anything at all. And treat your athletes better. And I mean all athletes, not just the winning ones (which aren't many by the way).

Wah... thanks for typing so many words and I don’t really get what you mean. And again here is the thread to update the status of Team China. I’m not intend to comment on the fed or anything not related to skating or competition. Thank you for your understanding. And hope this helps.

Btw, that’s not Pang/ Tong’s Twitter account, and no need to over-read sometimes.

Eclair

Medalist
Wah... thanks for typing so many words and I don’t really get what you mean. And again here is the thread to update the status of Team China. I’m not intend to comment on the fed or anything not related to skating or competition. Thank you for your understanding. And hope this helps.

Btw, that’s not Pang/ Tong’s Twitter account, and no need to over-read sometimes.

I know it's probably not your responsibility to take care of feedback and PR, but since there is no-one who is, that's all I could do. Thank you for the replies. Well my post was basically asking for more and better updates and communication between Team China and the outside world. So not really off-topic.

hmm.. I know a lot of people who thought that that twitter account was more than just a fan account, but that it was directly connected to Pang/Tong. Good to know, it's not them.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Li/Xie's pair debut was a kind of disaster.
They did a good triple twist in the warm up, but in the short program the twist is not high enough with only a basic level.

SBS 3T was OK but not in sync.

2FTh? The height looks like a triple and her legs are not tightened but they were doing 2FTh in warm up too.

Back outside death spiral was not low enough to reach the basic level and got zero point.

Lift was in level 1 but they did a better one in practice.

They are not really ready for the GPs.

Peng/Jin fell on the 3LoTh got 70.22.
Wang/Wang fell on 3T and got downgraded. They got 56.63

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Tzu-han Ting, the girl from Taiwan, attended the national Grand Prix of China. She did not attended the level test in mainland before so she is not able to be in the senior group. (Xiangyi An is younger than her but is in the senior group. You have to pass the level 8 test to be in senior in china, which requires two triples and 2A)

She did 3Lz3T< 3F 2A, while other junior girls are doing doubles. Scored 41.08 so there may be more under-rotation? But the basic value is higher than all the senior girls (both Hongyi and Xiangyi are doing 3T3T) and men except Boyang and He Zhang.

Eclair

Medalist
Li/Xie's pair debut was a kind of disaster.
They did a good triple twist in the warm up, but in the short program the twist is not high enough with only a basic level.

SBS 3T was OK but not in sync.

2FTh? The height looks like a triple and her legs are not tightened but they were doing 2FTh in warm up too.

Back outside death spiral was not low enough to reach the basic level and got zero point.

Lift was in level 1 but they did a better one in practice.

They are not really ready for the GPs.

Peng/Jin fell on the 3LoTh got 70.22.
Wang/Wang fell on 3T and got downgraded. They got 56.63

Peng/jin's program: it looks good and promising. They can really make this work. Hate the dress.
https://www.weibo.com/tv/v/GzlV2agZ4?fid=1034:4284257296679949

Boyang's new FS is to Hable con ella by Alberto Iglesias and Cuidad de las ideas by Vicente Amigo. It's a flamenco. Choreo looks like it has the potential to be a masterpiece. Lori really was inspired.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Peng/Jin skated in Asian Open before and that one was clean. I think they will change the dress.

Boyang's choreo is promising, no awkward dance in between.

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Men's short program
1. Boyang Jin 101.40 https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=X0V9B6u-ayg
2. He Zhang 80.65
3. Runqi Liu 56.73
4. Yuheng Li 56.49
5. Qinglong Rong 55.44
6. Zhibo Qu 48.75
7. Zhihong Liu 41.84
8. Pengrui Li 40.33
9. Chonghe Ma 37.76
10. Yunda Lu 35.71
11. Jiaxing Li 34.76
12. Bofeng Wang 34.71

Protocols: https://www.weibo.com/6361703010/Gz...&mod=weibotime&type=comment#_rnd1537014070198
Haven't found videos of other skaters. The streaming website I used doesn't seem to support playback? It's streaming junior ladies free skate right now:http://c.m.163.com/news/l/191141.html

HoneyBear

On the Ice
I gotta say, even though there was some confusion about how to purchase tickets, it seems the overall organization of national competitions has gotten so much better compared to last season.