2018-19 Chinese figure skating | Page 20 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Chinese figure skating

HoneyBear

On the Ice
The same source also said Peng/Jin would split and Peng would pair with Yihang Huang, a 16-year-old junior boy who debut in JGP this season.

Thank god that didn't happen. Yihang Huang's performances in the JGP events were not very good. He had problems doing desth spirals and the lifts were shaky.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
Thank god that didn't happen. Yihang Huang's performances in the JGP events were not very good. He had problems doing desth spirals and the lifts were shaky.

Speaking about the death spirals, I think Chinese pairs have to improve their death spirals. Not only the juniors, but the top senior pairs (S/H, Y/Z, P/J) loses those levels quite often. And for the juniors.. the lady's position is way too high. I don't know whether it's the problem of coaching system or something, but it is a thing that they definitely need to improve

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Peng/Jin Skate Canada SP 72.00 = TES 40.44 + PCS 31.56, second after sp
New Costumes. I like this dress better than the pink one.

Eclair

Medalist
the Chinese translator doesn't even know the word 'overcome' . How can you work as a translator if you can't even understand a simple question like: 'in one word, what result do you expect tomorrow?' she had to ask what this question means to then translate it. Bring Misha please. Or at least someone who can speak English on an elementary school level.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Aliona Savchenko is in Beijing and working with YZ and WW. They are working on skating skills and solo jumps judging from the videos they posted.

It's interesting to see Aliona Savchenko, the arch nemesis of Chinese pair skating, are working with Chinese teams now. Of course both YZ and WW are not in the Chinese national team and Hongbo Zhao is not coaching them right now.

Midnightcass

On the Ice
Aliona Savchenko is in Beijing and working with YZ and WW. They are working on skating skills and solo jumps judging from the videos they posted.

It's interesting to see Aliona Savchenko, the arch nemesis of Chinese pair skating, are working with Chinese teams now. Of course both YZ and WW are not in the Chinese national team and Hongbo Zhao is not coaching them right now.

Yu/Zhang are not on the national team?!

Midnightcass

On the Ice
Yes they aren’t, due to Xiaoyu’s injury.
I wonder why Y/Z and S/H is out of the gp circuit bcz their injuries but only S/H is in the national team.
This doesn’t make any sense....
Did they leave the national team because of her injury? We’re they kicked out? Why weren’t there any announcements?

Eclair

Medalist
This doesn’t make any sense....
Did they leave the national team because of her injury? We’re they kicked out? Why weren’t there any announcements?

there was an announcement who was included in the national team as well as that XiaoYu had an injury and therefore was excluded.

Sui/Han also are injured right now but are still in the national team. You make whatever you want out of that.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
At least at the beginning of this season, YZ were training with the national team at the summer camp but Yu injured her foot at the end of the camp. I think that's the reason they are not in the national team. WW quit summer camp but YZ didn't.
But with only two spots in WC, YZ's only chance for international competition is 4CC. But with PJ in action, SH planning to come back at 4CC and Li/Xie? they might not get the third spot.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Yes they aren’t, due to Xiaoyu’s injury.
I wonder why Y/Z and S/H is out of the gp circuit bcz their injuries but only S/H is in the national team.

SH was planning to compete in GP at the beginning but Han dropped Sui in a lift and the time schedule is not working with the extra injury, so they withdraw from the national team. Also YZ is part of the Beijing Team so even they are not in the national team they have good medical care.(Maybe even better than the National team). SH is part of the Heilongjiang team and the training and medical condition is far worse than the national team.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
At least at the beginning of this season, YZ were training with the national team at the summer camp but Yu injured her foot at the end of the camp. I think that's the reason they are not in the national team. WW quit summer camp but YZ didn't.
But with only two spots in WC, YZ's only chance for international competition is 4CC. But with PJ in action, SH planning to come back at 4CC and Li/Xie? they might not get the third spot.

Xiaoyu’s foot injury seems to be started at least from the worlds. According to her weibo, she actually considered to withdraw from wc 2018 due to her injury. https://m.weibo.cn/2741408621/4221903331974010

I think the two spots for worlds will go for S/H and Y/Z, considering the fed’s choice back to 2016 wc. Yu/Jin was clearly the no.2 pair of the season, but they decided to send W/W and P/Z at worlds.
Li/Xie is far from their level.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I think the Chinese are doing just fine. They have improved in dance and now have a team that could be top ten. They have a medal contender in men's and are in the battle for gold in pairs. They also have a lady or even two that are top ten or could be top ten. This all bodes well for the olympic team event in Bejing. Certainly a medal is forseeable. With the fall of Canada or at least apparent fall right it should ensure China a team medal.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I think the Chinese are doing just fine. They have improved in dance and now have a team that could be top ten. They have a medal contender in men's and are in the battle for gold in pairs. They also have a lady or even two that are top ten or could be top ten. This all bodes well for the olympic team event in Bejing. Certainly a medal is forseeable. With the fall of Canada or at least apparent fall right it should ensure China a team medal.

Who is the Chinese lady or two in the top 10?

Colonel Green

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
Who is the Chinese lady or two in the top 10?
:shrug: He needs them to exist to make his scenario work.

Wang/Liu are making good progress this year, so far. Very promising going forward. They're kind of in the C/B- scoring range right now, around 100 points in the FD. The next leap they need to make is to around 110, which seems like it's what a B/B+ team will be able to score.

bobbob

Medalist
Peng and Jin seem to be trending upward which is good but part of me thinks it is due to the fact that they are the only Chinese team rather than the judges actually appreciating them, and they will be promptly dropped when S/H (or even Y/Z) return.

Mdk0144

On the Ice
In fact, they’ve already achieved PCS 67 for the fs at last worlds.

But I always think that both Y/Z, P/J’s pcs are underscored.