2018-19 Chinese figure skating | Page 25 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Chinese figure skating

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Glad he got himself together again!! But that GOE and PCS generosity is rather extreme.....

That's pretty normal though (do we really think the US and Canadian nationals won't so the same?) Main thing is, Boyang did beautifully, is back in business and looking good heading for 4CC.

1111bm

Final Flight

Are these the actual protocols...?
Because the numbers don't seem to be correct (unless I miscalculated or I'm seeing things). :scratch2:

I only checked out the men's protocols (and only the first few places) for both SP and FS, and each time the final TESs (when you sum up the points for base value + GOE) were 1,5 points too high for 1st, and 0,5 too high for 2nd place... :unsure:

gizmo

On the Ice
That's pretty normal though (do we really think the US and Canadian nationals won't so the same?) Main thing is, Boyang did beautifully, is back in business and looking good heading for 4CC.

I think every nationals, there are some 'inflation' which ever the country..... but this the generosity here is rather extreme, more than the 'average inflation' we see in others....

HoneyBear

On the Ice
I think every nationals, there are some 'inflation' which ever the country..... but this the generosity here is rather extreme, more than the 'average inflation' we see in others....
Interestingly the most generous judge in men's competition (j6) is an international judge.

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Are these the actual protocols...?
Because the numbers don't seem to be correct (unless I miscalculated or I'm seeing things). :scratch2:

I only checked out the men's protocols (and only the first few places) for both SP and FS, and each time the final TESs (when you sum up the points for base value + GOE) were 1,5 points too high for 1st, and 0,5 too high for 2nd place... :unsure:
Chinese Nationals have bonus points for quads or something. You can see from here (https://www.weibo.com/6361703010/H9...&mod=weibotime&type=comment#_rnd1546228037744) the scoring board in the rink has a section for bonus points. I'm not sure how exactly the bonus points are awarded (e.g., Zhang He got the 0.5 bonus), but they definitely got some unique rules for the nationals.

lichi

sui holding a deep edge
On the Ice
Funnily enough, Zhang in the K&C after SP said "this good?" when the scores came up. A bit strange seeing they usually get higher.

champs

Final Flight
Xiangyi An is competing in senior ranks in China this year. So Benoît Richaud gave her two senior programs. they only need to cut the ChSq out to make it a junior LP but novice programs are much shorter. So Benoît Richaud also gave her two novice programs for her international competition next season. The two senior programs are a little bit out of her range now because of the difficult steps so her team decide that she need more time to grow and adjust.

She used to do choreograph by herself so this is the first time she works with a international level choreographer. Her skating skills needs to mature. She is also practicing 3Lz3T but she really need to be careful with all the injuries.

Anyway, plan changes. Her fanpage told us she was planning to keep the spring breeze SP for 2020 season but she changed that to a tango SP later. So she has one more year to decide which is the best programs for her JGP debut.

Thank you for the detailed info! So OK, she may/may not change the programs as the time comes near.

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
I’ve never heard of this xiangyi an. Is she supposed to be the future of Chinese figure skating? Cool! It’s fun to watch the juniors.

Merelhyn

Rinkside
Hi! Do you know where I can find a complete list of Chinese nationals results with names in Latin script? The most I have found is incomplete lists (like 8 men instead of 9, 16 ladies instead of 18…). And I was really happy that the protocols were posted, until I discovered that well, the Chinese Skating Association writes the names in Chinese (silly me). And since it's pictures, I can't just copy/paste the names to find who they are. And to my shame, I don't read Chinese.

I watched part of the competition and really liked some of the not-so-well-placed skaters, except I have troubles identifying them now ^^

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Hi! Do you know where I can find a complete list of Chinese nationals results with names in Latin script? The most I have found is incomplete lists (like 8 men instead of 9, 16 ladies instead of 18…). And I was really happy that the protocols were posted, until I discovered that well, the Chinese Skating Association writes the names in Chinese (silly me). And since it's pictures, I can't just copy/paste the names to find who they are. And to my shame, I don't read Chinese.

I watched part of the competition and really liked some of the not-so-well-placed skaters, except I have troubles identifying them now ^^

Jackie Wong posted it: https://twitter.com/rockerskating/status/1079380837173522434

For the Chinese-English comparison (Family name first in Chinese but last in English ):
CHN Natls Dance FINAL
G 王诗玥/柳星宇 Shiyue Wang/Xingyu Liu 185.87
S 陈宏/孙茁鸣 Hong Chen/Zhuoming Sun 169.96
B 宁婉棋/王超 Wanqi Ning/Chao Wang 142.30
4 郭雨竹/赵鹏昆 Yuzhu Guo/Pengkun Zhao 125.13
5 石尚/吴楠 Shang Shi/Nan Wu 123.83
6 邵馨莹/杨曦 Xinyi Shao/Xi Yang 60.76

CHN Natls Ladies FINAL Top 10
G 梁懿 Yi Christy Leung HKG 190.17 (Her name spells in Wade-Giles romanization. Others' in Chinese Pinyin. Same as Patrick Chan /Tiffany Chin /Nathen Chen share same family name 陈 but spells differently.)
S 安香怡 Xiangyi An 180.61
B 陈虹伊 Hongyi Chen 160.21
4 朱易 Beverly Yi Zhu 146.07 (Her name spells in Chinese Pinyin but with both her english and chinese name in it.)
5 曹颀婧 Qijing Cao 143.37
6 冯馨慧 Xinhui Feng 141.11
7 王铭苑 Mingyuan Wang 136.27
8 张溢轩 Yixuan Zhang 133.58
9 金冠汝 Guanru Jin 129.56
10 沙宸辰 Chenchen Sha 127.83
11 金恒鑫 Hengxin Jin 124.92
12 程紫琳 Zilin Cheng 122.50
13 郑璐 Lu Zheng 120.75
14 陈清润 Qingrun Chen 120.27
15 莫同 Tong Mo 117.40
16 王楚怡 Chuyi Wang 114.45
17 张思阳 Siyang Zhang 106.73
18 金珉志 Minzhi Jin 104.10
test 张瑞琪 Ruiqi Zhang

CHN Natls Pairs FINAL
G 彭程/金杨 Cheng Peng/Yang Jin 211.51
S 王雪涵/王磊 Xuehan Wang/Lei Wang 186.81
B 唐菲遥/杨泳超 Feiyao Tang/Yongchao Yang 165.74
4 王慧蒂/贾梓麒 Huidi Wang/Ziqi Jia 146.62
5 王瑀晨/黄一航 Yuchen Wang/Yihang Huang 131.28
6 刘沫彤/王天泽 Motong Liu/Tianze Wang 116.31
WD 隋文静/韩聪 Sui/Han
test 于小雨/张昊 Yu/Zhang
郑璐/朱磊 Lu Zheng/Lei Zhu. She is competing in both singles ans pairs.
张语鹞/刘宇航 Yuyao Zhang/Yuhang Liu

CHN Natls Men FINAL
G 金博洋 Boyang Jin 302.59
S 张鹤He Zhang 211.51
B 刘润奇 Runqi Liu 165.67
4 李鸾峰 Luangfeng Li 164.74
5 曲之博 Zhibo Qu 163.95
6 荣庆龙 Qinglong Rong 158.45
7 刘慕桐 Mutong Liu 155.44
8 袁立勤 Liqin Yuan 134.96
9 刘志宏 Zhihong Liu 113.47
test 王子健 Zijian Wang

HoneyBear

On the Ice
So Xie Zhong just posted a happy new year message on GAO/XIE's Weibo thread, in which he said "we will continue to work hard". He didn't even post this message on his own Weibo page or LI/XIE's thread. Haven't heard of Li/Xie since they withdrew from the gp events. Any idea on how they are doing these days?

GarthAqua

On the Ice
So Xie Zhong just posted a happy new year message on GAO/XIE's Weibo thread, in which he said "we will continue to work hard". He didn't even post this message on his own Weibo page or LI/XIE's thread. Haven't heard of Li/Xie since they withdrew from the gp events. Any idea on how they are doing these days?

That's a mystery, pal. Rumors say Gao/Xie are back together training. Li is injured and doing recovery at home. At least all three of them seem to be positive from what they post on weibo. Gao posted a lot of videos of her doing cardio.

Update: Gao liked Xie's post in their fanpage. So ?

dorispulaski

Wicked Yankee Girl
Country
United-States
Funnily enough, Zhang in the K&C after SP said "this good?" when the scores came up. A bit strange seeing they usually get higher.
Yu/Zhang were entered as only a test skate (compare to Sui/Han, who were entered in the regular way, but withdrew from the FS). I don't know whether it is typical for Chinese Nationals, but in some other feds, test skates are graded lower to avoid confusion with the real competitors, and in some others, there are no public grades at all. The competitors would prefer to get some grades to get tech panel input on levels, I would think.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Is he the Lei Zhu who participated last year in singles and was fifth?

Same question for Yuhang Liu, was he the one competing in singles last year and coming 17th?

Yes & Yes
Lu Zheng/Lei Zhu are doing sbs3Lo but the throws and twist are doubles.