2018-19 Chinese figure skating | Page 13 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Chinese figure skating

surimi

Onward and forward, Sota!
Record Breaker
I just hope three GPs isn't too much for Xiangning Li. I liked her in singles and I hope she stays healthy, but three GP assignments sound very difficult to me, especially with NHK and Finland being back to back events. OTOH, I'm excited to see her compete in two categories at the same time. Has that ever happened before, on the GP circuit?

s_parks

Record Breaker
I just hope three GPs isn't too much for Xiangning Li. I liked her in singles and I hope she stays healthy, but three GP assignments sound very difficult to me, especially with NHK and Finland being back to back events. OTOH, I'm excited to see her compete in two categories at the same time. Has that ever happened before, on the GP circuit?

I don't remember anyone doing both on the senior GP circuit, but I believe Julianne Seguin did singles including skate canada and the JGP for pairs in the 14-15 season.

HoneyBear

On the Ice
And not that he's discussed much in this forum, but Tangxu Li has announced his retirement from competitive figure skating.

HoneyBear

On the Ice
Thanks for the update. Do you mean twists? I didn't see any throws in the video. Anyways, nice progress on the 3Tw considering she's new to pairs.

Yep I just realized I made a mistake. The narrator was saying they could do triple twists and throw triples, and I was busy looking for the throws, so that happens.

hanyutomoko

Spectator
There was great expectation for Boyang Jin.
But I heard he returned to China and trained in his hometown, Harbin.
This year's men's singles performance in the world championships is a little shocking.
I don't know what kind of performance he will have in the coming new season.
We can only wait and see.

Skater Boy

Record Breaker
I don't remember anyone doing both on the senior GP circuit, but I believe Julianne Seguin did singles including skate canada and the JGP for pairs in the 14-15 season.
It was different but I believe Kristi Yamaguchi, Rudy Galindo and Cynthia Coull were all very or fairly competitive in both categories of singles and pairs.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
How old is An Xiangyi? She looks quite promising.

She was born on Dec 2006. Girls born before Aug 2006 are age eligible for 2022 OG. It's a pity that she won't be able to compete especially because she was born in Beijing. However if she stays healthy in recent years, we will see her in the gala for sure.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
*Sigh* and poor Han Yan is still available just not considered for the team.. :bang:

Han Yan really needs a good rest after a the shoulder surgery. Since there are not so many promising Jr. man skaters in China, Han Yan still has a chance to compete internationally if he decide to fully come back. Now he is training with Pang&Tong, he has more opportunity to perform in shows.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
She was born on Dec 2006. Girls born before Aug 2006 are age eligible for 2022 OG. It's a pity that she won't be able to compete especially because she was born in Beijing. However if she stays healthy in recent years, we will see her in the gala for sure.

I've heard that she is also doing gymnastics as well. Therefore, if she doesn't stay in figure skating, we could perhaps see her at the 2024 Summer Olympics than at the 2026 Winter Olympics. :scratch2:

Midnightcass

On the Ice
I've heard that she is also doing gymnastics as well. Therefore, if she doesn't stay in figure skating, we could perhaps see her at the 2024 Summer Olympics than at the 2026 Winter Olympics. :scratch2:

She started rhythmic gymnastics like two years ago. I don't think she'll be able to do it professionally. I really hopes she stays in figureskating though.

s_parks

Record Breaker
I think I heard she only took up rhythmic gymnastics to help with her flexibility/skating though? Don't think she's pursuing that at the top level.