Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17

Thread: 2018-2019 Team China update

0 Not allowed!
    I just hope three GPs isn't too much for Xiangning Li. I liked her in singles and I hope she stays healthy, but three GP assignments sound very difficult to me, especially with NHK and Finland being back to back events. OTOH, I'm excited to see her compete in two categories at the same time. Has that ever happened before, on the GP circuit?

Bona Fide Member

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by surimi View Post
    I just hope three GPs isn't too much for Xiangning Li. I liked her in singles and I hope she stays healthy, but three GP assignments sound very difficult to me, especially with NHK and Finland being back to back events. OTOH, I'm excited to see her compete in two categories at the same time. Has that ever happened before, on the GP circuit?
    I don't remember anyone doing both on the senior GP circuit, but I believe Julianne Seguin did singles including skate canada and the JGP for pairs in the 14-15 season.

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    https://www.weibo.com/3885066223/GtN..._&type=comment

A recent news clip. Li and Xie were doing throw triples in the clip. [Correction: Triple twists. The narrator did say they could do throws as well but we didn't get to see any.]

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    And not that he's discussed much in this forum, but Tangxu Li has announced his retirement from competitive figure skating.

Bona Fide Member

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by HoneyBear View Post
    https://www.weibo.com/3885066223/GtN..._&type=comment

A recent news clip. Li and Xie were doing throw triples in the clip.
    Thanks for the update. Do you mean twists? I didn't see any throws in the video. Anyways, nice progress on the 3Tw considering she's new to pairs.

Rinkside

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by s_parks View Post
    Thanks for the update. Do you mean twists? I didn't see any throws in the video. Anyways, nice progress on the 3Tw considering she's new to pairs.
    Yep I just realized I made a mistake. The narrator was saying they could do triple twists and throw triples, and I was busy looking for the throws, so that happens.

Medalist

0 Not allowed!
    Throw twist. Well, that's half the battle right there. Good for them.

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17