2018-19 Chinese figure skating | Page 14 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Chinese figure skating

GarthAqua

On the Ice
I've heard that she is also doing gymnastics as well. Therefore, if she doesn't stay in figure skating, we could perhaps see her at the 2024 Summer Olympics than at the 2026 Winter Olympics. :scratch2:

yes she is doing rhythmic gymnastics but not as competitive as she is in figure skating. The rhythmic gymnastics training mainly helps keeping her flexibility. She is also attempting a rhythmic gymnastic competition recently and you can find her video on her mom's youtube channel: MelZhang. She also tried to do ribbons on ice in one of her exhibitions but didn't turn out very well, you can also find that on her mom's channel.

She is training 3Lz3T in her latest post, a little bit under on both jumps but looks promising. Her 2A and 2A3T is pretty solid and has a very deep outside edge on her Lutz, she's been working on 3Lo2Lo and 3T3T, but 3F is still not developing. She gained the attention because of her spins which reminds me of both Yulia and Sakoto.

Midnightcass

On the Ice
Her jumps also remind me of Satoko. .😂 So small and under rotated. I really hope she fixes the jump technique so that her jumps cover more distance and height and she's less prone to pre-rotation. I think she's working with Boyang now so I can't wait to the impact he has on her.
https://m.weibo.cn/status/4272946127974175
Most of the jumps are very pre-rotated, especially her 3lo, +2lo combos, 3Lz and to a lesser extent, 3T3T 😥

Question is: Do jumps get bigger as the body grows bigger and stronger? Or would they stay the same height and distance?

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Her jumps also remind me of Satoko. .😂 So small and under rotated. I really hope she fixes the jump technique so that her jumps cover more distance and height and she's less prone to pre-rotation. I think she's working with Boyang now so I can't wait to the impact he has on her.
Most of the jumps are very pre-rotated, especially her 3lo, +2lo combos, 3Lz and to a lesser extent, 3T3T 😥

Question is: Do jumps get bigger as the body grows bigger and stronger? Or would they stay the same height and distance?

It depends, but most girls with huge jumps can be noticed at a pretty young age. Sara Honda is the same age with her but her jumps are much bigger. Midori had monstrous height in her junior years and so did Lu Chen. Didn't recall any girl with small jumps in juniors and huge jumps in seniors, Kaetlyn Osmond maybe? But there're two years to come before she can compete in juniors.

Xiangyi An has 2A3T and 3T with good height and distance so let's hope the newer triples will gain height and distance gradually. Hope the strength will keep building up in next two or three years.

Ice Dance

Record Breaker
It depends, but most girls with huge jumps can be noticed at a pretty young age. Didn't recall any girl with small jumps in juniors and huge jumps in seniors,

Oksana Baiul's jumps grew after she grew & went professional, I believe. Probably Nakano's as well. I don't think it's that unusual. Many ladies and men gain speed and power as they mature. I would say that Bradie's are better than they were only two years ago--based on watching her live at Nationals both seasons.

Midnightcass

On the Ice
That's reassuring. I can't wait to see her improvements over the next two years. 😊
Her axels are her best jumps and she's already training in harness for her 3A.

Crossover

All Hail the Queen
Record Breaker
It looks like the little girl is a very promising novice given the several responses with detailed info, thanks guys. :)

I hope she stays in figure skating.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
Any news on whether Wang/Liu are coming to ACI?

WL will be in ACI as well as the other Chinese dance pair Hong Chen/Zhuoming Sun. Both teams are trained in Montreal. But the dance field is much tougher than AO and I'm satisfied if WL make it to the top 5.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
WL will be in ACI as well as the other Chinese dance pair Hong Chen/Zhuoming Sun. Both teams are trained in Montreal. But the dance field is much tougher than AO and I'm satisfied if WL make it to the top 5.

Yes, I saw yesterday. Excited cause I get to see their rhythm dance live at least :yahoo:

yqs100

On the Ice
Update:

Boyang Jin will have his new season debut on 13 Sep - the domestic competition

Sui/ Han was in Canada with Lori for three weeks to work on their two new programs, they are back home this weekend.

Yu/ Zhang - Yu is recovering and training with Team Beijing. From a fan's clip, she looks good.

gossipcow

Rinkside
Sui/ Han was in Canada with Lori for three weeks to work on their two new programs, they are back home this weekend.

Oooh, I am so excited to hear about their programs. Their past 4 SPs have been amazing, so I look forward to that the most. The LPs have been a toss-up, so hopefully Lori did something interesting this time.

Thank you for the update.

Eclair

Medalist
Update:

Boyang Jin will have his new season debut on 13 Sep - the domestic competition

Yu/ Zhang - Yu is recovering and training with Team Beijing. From a fan's clip, she looks good.

is Zhang training too?

GarthAqua

On the Ice
The Chinese National Grand Prix will be held in Qingdao next weekend.
The entry list is out。

Men: Boyang Jin will debut his LP. He Zhang is also there. The two young skaters training under Raf will not show up, they might have some problem with their visa so they won't leave America until JWC I think.

Ladies: Xiangning Li will not be in the ladies event. Other promising girls will be there. Xiangyi An, Hongyi Chen, Guanru Jin, Qijin Cao. Also Yixuan Zhang, a 16-year-old girl showed up in JGP last year, she is not that great in jumps but seems to upgrade her skills and recently posted a beautiful 3Lz.

Pairs: Wang/Wang, Peng/Jin, Li/Xie and three other junior pairs. this will be Xiangning Li's first appearance as a pair skater. Other two pairs will be competing in JGP Canda at the same time.

Dance: Wang/Liu and Chen/Sun will be in ACI not national GP.

hippomoomin

Record Breaker
I also feel her jumps need more lift. If she does not jump higher, she will have troubles when she grows fuller, unless she can rotate super fast, like Satoko.

Eclair

Medalist
So, can someone explain what that nationals training camp by Pang/Tong is about? Is it just for a few days? Or is it a long term training center? What is the purpose of it? On twitter, they said, that they are 'fully equipped to face the Olympics in 2022'. So does that mean, the skaters participating can go to international events/ Olympics, even if they are not members of the national team (like Han Yan and Zijun)?.

can someone translate this:
北京五輪に向けて、国家体育総局が選抜選手で集中レッスンを開くことが、9月5日に発表した。一度引退手続きをした李子君から始め、しばらく休養に入る闫涵などの有力選手たちが参加。中にも手術の原因で今シーズンをGP欠場と発表した于小雨も今回、女子シングルに属していることがわかった

google says something about A ladies singles skater not going to the GP because of surgery - do they mean Zijun?

Mdk0144

On the Ice
So, can someone explain what that nationals training camp by Pang/Tong is about? Is it just for a few days? Or is it a long term training center? What is the purpose of it? On twitter, they said, that they are 'fully equipped to face the Olympics in 2022'. So does that mean, the skaters participating can go to international events/ Olympics, even if they are not members of the national team (like Han Yan and Zijun)?.

北京五輪に向けて、国家体育総局が選抜選手で集中レッスンを開くことが、9月5日に発表した。一度引退手続きをした李子君から始め、しばらく休養に入る闫涵などの有力選手たちが参加。中にも手術の原因で今シーズンをGP欠場と発表した于小雨も今回、女子シングルに属していることがわかった

google says something about A ladies singles skater not going to the GP because of surgery - do they mean Zijun?

And Xiaoyu is there as a single skater. That’s weird.

LRK

Record Breaker
Just seeing Zijun's name has me so excited - I'm trying to keep my hopes in check, but I just would love for her to come back so bad.

marthick

Rinkside

The first sentence says that there will be a national training session for preparing for the Beijing Olympics and mentions that skaters like Li Zijun (in their words "who once retired") and Han Yan (on hiatus)/other athletes will be participating. The skater that they mention who's not going to the GP because of surgery is Yu Xiaoyu, who they say will be included under ladies' singles. It's not really new information, just a translation of what we already know.

GarthAqua

On the Ice
That's a lot of wired stuff going on. But i think the camp is more of a short term training camp. Most of the skaters on this list are either in P/T's club or friends with P/T, and none of them are in the national team. Some of the skaters are totally unaware of the camp. Xiaoyu Yu is doing recovery training in Beijing while Hao Zhang is taking some time off the ice, she also don't know what is happening.

Plus Charlie White and Jeffery Buttle will be coaching there. that happens to be the time they come to China to perform in SOI. So a lot of us assume this camp is a short training camp targeting promising young skaters as well as the recently retired skaters who will become coaches.