2018-19 Chinese figure skating | Page 7 | Golden Skate

2018-19 Chinese figure skating

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
ok... anyone knows anything about hanee?? he is in ten's shows right now.. but anything more ?

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
Anybody know why the Chinese Skating Federation had to cancel all the events China was supposed to host this upcoming season, including Cup of China?

NaVi

Medalist
Is it because the ISU came after one of their judges? If so, a terrible short sighted response even if they feel like they're getting a raw deal.

VIETgrlTerifa

Record Breaker
I dunno... to pull out of hosting 3 different events seems like a way to throw ones weight around.

I seriously doubt that is the case. Doing this puts everyone in a logistical and financial nightmare. It has to be something else that nobody could control.

Heard it too. But what other ISU events was it supposed to host?

Cup of China, a JGP (which Vancouver stepped in and will host now), and Shanghai Trophy (which could not be replaced and is just canceled).

icybear

Medalist
If this is ISU way of punishment for the whole federation just because of one judge at the olympics then this is ridiculous. But then again who knows, ISU gets bribery everyday to inflate powerful Fed skaters yet when a Chinese judge inflate one of their skater a bit they start launching investigations like they're so civil and righteous. I heard that Korea will take COC spot so maybe it's a finance thing because of the Olympic surge in interest in korea and Isu thinks it can make more money there. If so they should cancel France gp with its quarter full arena and plastic medals.

If this is ISU way of punishment for the whole federation just because of one judge at the olympics then this is ridiculous. But then again who knows, ISU gets bribery everyday to inflate powerful Fed skaters yet when a Chinese judge inflate one of their skater a bit they start launching investigations like they're so civil and righteous. I heard that Korea will take COC spot so maybe it's a finance thing because of the Olympic surge in interest in korea and Isu thinks it can make more money there. If so they should cancel France gp with its quarter full arena and plastic medals.

It says the CSA informed the ISU it won't be able to do it.

Sorrento

Record Breaker
If so they should cancel France gp with its quarter full arena and plastic medals.

We totally need to start the petition on moving French GP to Barcelona. I too hate plastic toys given as a silly substitute to medals.

NaVi

Medalist
If this is ISU way of punishment for the whole federation just because of one judge at the olympics then this is ridiculous.

It's probably the other way around IMO... they pulling out because they feel they've been unfairly targeted. This seems to me like an effort to throw their weight around. Bad move if so IMO. The only possible explanation is that they've received less government subsidies, less money from TV contracts, and spending more money on overseas training that they can't afford to host... but I find that highly implausible.

If so they should cancel France gp with its quarter full arena and plastic medals.

I wouldn't mind it being moved to Spain or Italy who probably have the best fanbase in Europe just like with rhythmic gymnastics. It is an event skaters like to go to though. TBH, I wish more events were like Cup of Russia where it's held the same place every year, but I'm also intrigued by a Skate Europe/Asia or Cup of Europe/Asia.

HoneyBear

On the Ice
It is more likely that CSA is pulling out from all ISU events in protest of the treatment it has been receiving, especially in the case of short track speed skate events in Pyeongchang. But then everything I read online regarding this situation is basically rumors at this point.

It is more likely that CSA is pulling out from all ISU events in protest of the treatment it has been receiving, especially in the case of short track speed skate events in Pyeongchang. But then everything I read online regarding this situation is basically rumors at this point.

Makes no sense, TBH. I doubt anyone would be this ham-fisted.

cruzceleste

Record Breaker
I read that it was because preparations for Olympics, maybe reconstruction and adaptation of the arena?

Even when a federation has a bone to pick with ISU, I´m not sure canceling their events just because won´t help their athletes. They lose home advantage...

HoneyBear

On the Ice
I read that it was because preparations for Olympics, maybe reconstruction and adaptation of the arena?

The JGP event in Harbin is reassigned to Canada and Shanghai Trophy is also cancelled. These cities are not hosting the Olympics. If anything, they could easily host COC in Shanghai if the arena in Beijing won't be ready by November.