New Ultima Legacy 7 any good? | Golden Skate

New Ultima Legacy 7 any good?

mystery905

Rinkside
Never mind. I found a great pair of Matrix Legacy's (8' rocker) in excellent condition for a good price that I am happy with.

I was concerned with 7' vs 8' main rocker, but was told that the spin rocker is similar in them.

I've skated in them for a few hours and have adjusted already. My right forward inside three-turn needs a little work, but otherwise I am happy.

treesprite

Final Flight
Never mind. I found a great pair of Matrix Legacy's (8' rocker) in excellent condition for a good price that I am happy with.

I was concerned with 7' vs 8' main rocker, but was told that the spin rocker is similar in them.

I've skated in them for a few hours and have adjusted already. My right forward inside three-turn needs a little work, but otherwise I am happy.

I am glad they are working for you. I hated my Matrix Legacy blades so much that I couldn't wait to get rid of them. I gave them to an adult skater who skates when I am rink guarding. She gave me such a sweet thank you card that has flower seeds embedded in the paper. I don't want to destroy her note, so I might just tear off and plant a corner where there is no writing. I'm just really glad that she loves them so much more than I did. It is a good thing there are so many different opinions on blades, otherwise we would have no way to put the ones we don't like to any good use.

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
I'm also glad they worked for you mystery905. I hated my matrix blades.

mystery905

Rinkside
So I went back to my Coronation Ace blades and am happier with how more maneuverable they are.

Now that they only have a few sharpenings left, I have bought the Legacy 7 to try out.

I did get $75 off trading in the Matrix Legacies, so I didn't have to pay much relatively speaking.

I will try them out at the club tomorrow and report back on how they compare.

mystery905

Rinkside
This is one phenomenal blade!

Turns are really easy, and spins seem easier than both my former Matrix Legacy, and Coronation Ace blades.

Perhaps the comparison to the CAs isn't fair as I bought these used and the spin rocker probably has been worn down a bit, but I am very happy with the Legacy 7's.

The toe pick is a bit bigger and sharper than the CA's.

I have almost adjusted. Double/triple/Quad 3's seem a bit too easy so I have to adjust my technique.