Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22

Thread: Proposals to ISU Congress 2018-2019 Season

Tripping on the Podium

5 Not allowed!
    Regarding the popularity of the sport, I do appreciate the efforts of the ISU in the past quad to stream the JGP and Challenger Series. However, I am peeved that for the past two WC especially, that certain networks are overstepping their boundaries and getting videos from other network broadcasts taken down on Youtube and Dailymotion. I am lucky enough to access streaming and archives through CBC and also through the videos posted by fellow GS'ers on alternative streaming sites. However, not all fans have the same luxury or knowledge to access alternative means. If these fans can't access live streaming or videos on the common platforms, how can they further develop their interest in the sport?

Also, the uploaders on the streaming sites do great work in sharing the competition videos, often within minutes after a program is performed. However, they are being punished for their efforts by getting their videos taken down and their accounts blocked, sometimes along with years of competition archives.

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by BillNeal View Post
    Regarding the popularity of the sport, I do appreciate the efforts of the ISU in the past quad to stream the JGP and Challenger Series. However, I am peeved that for the past two WC especially, that certain networks are overstepping their boundaries and getting videos from other network broadcasts taken down on Youtube and Dailymotion. I am lucky enough to access streaming and archives through CBC and also through the videos posted by fellow GS'ers on alternative streaming sites. However, not all fans have the same luxury or knowledge to access alternative means. If these fans can't access live streaming or videos on the common platforms, how can they further develop their interest in the sport?

Also, the uploaders on the streaming sites do great work in sharing the competition videos, often within minutes after a program is performed. However, they are being punished for their efforts by getting their videos taken down and their accounts blocked, sometimes along with years of competition archives.
    And if I recall correctly, we had quite a few cases of when a network would get videos taken down that were not even broadcast by this network, simply because they happened to broadcast it in their own country.

Page 22 of 22 FirstFirst ... 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22