Proposals to ISU Congress 2018-2019 Season | Page 18 | Golden Skate

Proposals to ISU Congress 2018-2019 Season

Danny T

Medalist
What's this tea?

I was drifting in and out, but apparently someone (?) brought a case to the EU Commission that the eligibility rules for Speed Skating violate EU Competition Laws since 1997. The EU Commission accepted the case and is forcing ISU to change its rules by a certain date, and if the ISU doesn't comply they'll be fined at a certain rate per day. The ISU is trying to appeal, but no luck so far :confused2:

Plus there have been 4 doping violations in the last 2 years, I think. Not much details provided.

ETA: OK, details from disicplinary committee. Last name is the Chinese judge from PC Men's FS I think. LOL at the US judge not being inverstigated ~

moriel

Record Breaker
No, did SC provide a reason for their motion?

Anyway, no need to expect that particular inflation to go anywhere.

Considering it was targeting Canada among others, I don't think they would explain.
"hey, our president is on judging panels and we want it to remain this way so naaaah" is not a good thing to say out loud

moriel

Record Breaker
I was drifting in and out, but apparently someone (?) brought a case to the EU Commission that the eligibility rules for Speed Skating violate EU Competition Laws since 1997. The EU Commission accepted the case and is forcing ISU to change its rules by a certain date, and if the ISU doesn't comply they'll be fined at a certain rate per day. The ISU is trying to appeal, but no luck so far :confused2:

Plus there have been 4 doping violations in the last 2 years, I think. Not much details provided.

ETA: OK, details from disicplinary committee. Last name is the Chinese judge from PC Men's FS I think. LOL at the US judge not being inverstigated ~

Ohh some familiar names in there...
Prins listed for violation of rules =D

o_O Ye Lim Kim listed for doping? Is it this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Ye-lim_(figure_skater)?

Li'Kitsu

Record Breaker

I think the US judges not being investigated while the Chinese is is my fave so far. Even more hilarious then Canada kicking out proposal 6 right from the start. Classic ISU, must be said.

Danny T

Medalist

o_O Ye Lim Kim listed for doping? Is it this one: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kim_Ye-lim_(figure_skater)?

It's her. Apparently she missed a doping test and they had to chase her down for it. She tested negative, so it's just "reprimand".

LOL the case with Prins is very funny. In pairs comp in Bratislava, Judge 1&2 were talking during the comp, and the referee (Gorojdanov) did nothing cos he himself was talking with Judge 7. So other judges complained, the referee was suspended (6 months), J2 reprimanded, J1 supposed to be reprimanded but he had a prior offence, so J1 was also suspended. Then the referee tried to accuse Prins, the tech controller at the same event, of not following protocols but the claim was B.S so the case against Prins was dismissed.

xeyra

Constant state
Record Breaker

She missed a scheduled doping control test so they had to chase her down to notify her. She tested negative, though, but got a reprimand. Pity the table doesn't show this wasn't an actual doping violation and doesn't separate it from the others (or gives a note on it).

Also, why is she the only one with her full name on there?

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Utopia

But also:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Learned_optimism

:shrug:

I mean, it's a trashcan of a "sport" now anyway, so might as well just watch the ones we like, and make fun of everything else -- including ourselves for continuing with it.

I think that the most frustrating thing in all that jazz happening is that it really can be improved and improve reputation of the sport, looking on what people are saying even there, with one solution or another. But when the main problem is with human subjectivity and lack of transparency, politicking included, it is way easier to dabble in procedures than in people factor...Then, I do not expect much from environment where own agendas are pushed forward in expense of pushing the discipline forward.

moriel

Record Breaker
She missed a scheduled doping control test so they had to chase her down to notify her. She tested negative, though, but got a reprimand. Pity the table doesn't show this wasn't an actual doping violation and doesn't separate it from the others (or gives a note on it).

Also, why is she the only one with her full name on there?

Ohh that is good that she is fine.
As for name, dunno... It is weird indeed.

moriel

Record Breaker
I think the US judges not being investigated while the Chinese is is my fave so far. Even more hilarious then Canada kicking out proposal 6 right from the start. Classic ISU, must be said.

I really think they are being transparent with wrong things.
I with they would show us details of judging like they are showing us the details of this congress.

Andrea82

Medalist

Andrea82

Medalist
Vote to include Urgent motion 5 (age limit)

Yes 63
No 39
Abstain 15

Vote to include Urgent Motion 6 (banning Fed presidents to judge)

Yes 66
No 33
Abstain 16

4/5 majority was needed.

moriel

Record Breaker
Vote to include Urgent motion 5 (age limit)

Yes 63
No 39
Abstain 15

Vote to include Urgent Motion 6 (banning Fed presidents to judge)

Yes 66
No 33
Abstain 16

4/5 majority was needed.

Something does not add.
117 voted for motion #5
115 voted for motion #6

Where did the 2 votes go?