Proposals to ISU Congress 2018-2019 Season | Page 20 | Golden Skate

Proposals to ISU Congress 2018-2019 Season

Danny T

Medalist
OMG everyone's confused and nobody knows what each other are ranting about???

ISU get yourselves together please

Andrea82

Medalist
Now it is not clear what they are talking about. They look confused.

Is the one asking the question about some proposed rule not even him can name former pair skater Artem Knyazev?

moriel

Record Breaker
Lakernik: "we will discuss later, its a separate issue" for everything

Sweden (?) lady makes all sense about quads: "well there will be no variety, everybody will do triples"

flanker

Record Breaker
Country
Czech-Republic
Nevertheless, they exist. And at least one of those countries has six capable girl juniors who'd all be entering seniors later than expected if the motion went through, and four or five promising boys, yet they still voted for it. Those countries have a right to care about what happens to their skaters, and vote in their best interests for the setup that gives the kids the best chances in life and sport, even if their assessment of what constitutes their best interests goes against the preferences of more moneyed federations.

But nothing is preventing them to move their promising skaters to seniors later, if they think it's better for them. The problem comes when they start to think they would decide what is the best for others.

Danny T

Medalist
Finally somebody objected to the no quad repetition proposal!

Yes tall guy speaking for logic and reason!! I stan!!! :yahoo:

ETA: Wreck the rule!! "IT MAKES NO SENSE!" word, dude, word. And the no steps before solo jump proposal is dumb too!

moriel

Record Breaker
OMG New Zealand guy is YOUNG
He could be the grandson of half of the people there.

moriel

Record Breaker
"Makes no sense to allow repetitions of triples but not allow repetitions of quads. Variety is to have more different jumps"
dunno who this guy is, but he can have a cookie.

moriel

Record Breaker
"well, a skater who can only do 2 quad toes is protected by new rules, because the skaters who can do 2 quad Lz and 2 quad flips will also not be able to repeat".
such bs.

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
"Makes no sense to allow repetitions of triples but not allow repetitions of quads. Variety is to have more different jumps"

I can bake one myself and send him:laugh:

srsly, this is like competition commentary, but with cringe factor intensified:)

moriel

Record Breaker
Some lady
"the no repeated quads rule will hurt the non top skaters more, since most skaters can do only one or two quads".

another lady
"we are talking about very top level when we mention 2 quad Lutz".

Andrea82

Medalist

I think he was Russia delegate

Also complaining about the elimination of the connecting steps requirement

Danny T

Medalist
Russia, New Zealand, Norway, and Sweden coming through and trashing the no quad repetition!!

moriel

Record Breaker
I think he was Russia delegate

Also complaining about the elimination of the connecting steps requirement

yep it is, now someone mentioned him, its russia.

ok another guy: " the difference between who cannot do quads and can do quads will be smaller"

moriel

Record Breaker
But most top skaters do at least 1 quad.
I mean, how many skaters didnt do quads at worlds / olys?