Stars On Ice USA | Golden Skate

Stars On Ice USA

sk8chis

On the Ice
Does anybody know if a meet and greet ticket is completely necessary to be able to like see and hug a skater? lol
i’m obsessed with adam rippon and i hate that he might retire and do more entertainment things [emoji23] so it’s not like i’ll run into him at a skating rink like what used to happen all the time with mirai :(
i love him lol and the meet n greets for the LA show are sold tf out i’m so sad

acapenci

On the Ice
If you bought front row seats, you may be able to get a high five or a quick, tiny hug during the finale. It's probably not possible to get much more than that without the meet and greet tickets, though. However, SOI happens often and retired skaters still attend, so now you know to buy the tickets early and before the tour starts next time. Good luck!

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
This might be better in the general thread:confused:

There are almost no opportunities to meet an SOI skater outside the M&G. They tend to pack up into a bus after the M&G, so no hotel lobby or bar. Practices are closed unless you are in a local skate club doing the show or know someone. So the opportunities you have at a comp aren’t there at SOI.

There’s a reason they charge so much for the M&G:laugh:

chiyung

Rinkside
For Stars on Ice, I just want to put this out there for people with children who skate since my daughter and a friend participated 2 years ago, and loved it. Link is at: http://usfigureskating.org/story?id=59318

I think it’s too late this year, but maybe in future years. This Stars on Ice program is for USFS members between the ages of 6 and 18 who have passed their juvenile moves-in-the-field test or pre-juvenile free skate. About forty participants in each city were selected on a first-come, first-served basis. I signed up within the first minute that online registration opened, and it filled within minutes. The registration fee is $300 per skater, which included a lot of benefits.

Coaches created a group program. About a week or two prior to the show, my daughter had to attend 2 mandatory practices for the group program. It was tough for us to drive a few hours to get there for the practices, but it was worth it in the end.

The group program also had a practice about 2 or 3 hours before the show started, and some of the stars came to the kids for photos and autographs. My daughter met Adam, Alex, Maia, & Ashley, and had photos with them all. We did not go to the meet & greet, which would’ve given us the opportunity to get even more photos and autographs with the skating stars.

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
For Stars on Ice, I just want to put this out there for people with children who skate since my daughter and a friend participated 2 years ago, and loved it. Link is at: http://usfigureskating.org/story?id=59318

I think it’s too late this year, but maybe in future years. This Stars on Ice program is for USFS members between the ages of 6 and 18 who have passed their juvenile moves-in-the-field test or pre-juvenile free skate. About forty participants in each city were selected on a first-come, first-served basis. I signed up within the first minute that online registration opened, and it filled within minutes. The registration fee is $300 per skater, which included a lot of benefits.

Coaches created a group program. About a week or two prior to the show, my daughter had to attend 2 mandatory practices for the group program. It was tough for us to drive a few hours to get there for the practices, but it was worth it in the end.

The group program also had a practice about 2 or 3 hours before the show started, and some of the stars came to the kids for photos and autographs. My daughter met Adam, Alex, Maia, & Ashley, and had photos with them all. We did not go to the meet & greet, which would’ve given us the opportunity to get even more photos and autographs with the skating stars.

This is what I did and it was worth the money!! There were about 20 people in my show and all of the stars came over to take pics with us. Also if you belong to a skating club with enough people for a group rate you might be able to attend the practice. But most likely you'll need the meet and greet tickets in order to hug the skaters.

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
whole post

This is what I did and it was worth the money!! There were about 20 people in my show and all of the stars came over to take pics with us. Also if you belong to a skating club with enough people for a group rate you might be able to attend the practice. But most likely you'll need the meet and greet tickets in order to hug the skaters.

Thanks for the explanations :agree: I mentioned "Local skating club" only because I have seen the social media posts of SOI skaters with younger skaters, but I had no idea how it worked.

Now if only I could convince some younger relatives to start skating:laugh:

apgold

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Some videos have been posted of the Long Island show. I was not able to attend this year due to plans for Passover, so I'm glad people posted these videos.

This channel has videos of Nathan, Ashley, Jeremy, the Shibs, D/W H/D and group finale.
This channel has videos of Nathan, Ashley, H/D, Mirai, Bradie and the 90s cast number.

Ykai

On the Ice

Thank you for posting the information about the program and the link. I think a couple girls I know will be interested in the show and I will send the link to their parents. Do you know when the above link gets updated for the new year, approximately?

Ic3Rabbit

Former Elite, now Pro. ⛸️
Record Breaker
Country
Olympics
Thank you for posting the information about the program and the link. I think a couple girls I know will be interested in the show and I will send the link to their parents. Do you know when the above link gets updated for the new year, approximately?

Since the new shows are already a few weeks in, there is probably a new link, but you're probably too late for them to participate for this year.

Ykai

On the Ice
Since the new shows are already a few weeks in, there is probably a new link, but you're probably too late for them to participate for this year.

Yes, I was talking about next year. I want to know when registration for younger participants usually opens online, so people could sign up in the first few second, lol. If anybody knows, please post. Thanks.

Mamamiia

Medalist
Yes, I was talking about next year. I want to know when registration for younger participants usually opens online, so people could sign up in the first few second, lol. If anybody knows, please post. Thanks.

I heard that they send out email invitations to local kids who have passed pre juvenile moves test.

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
I got an email in early march but I didn't meet the requirements, and then another email in late march saying that the requirements changed and I was now eligible. I have passed my prelim mif and free. I am about an hour and a half - 2 hours from the location, so not exactly local (there was one closer one but I had plans that day.)

Ykai

On the Ice
I heard that they send out email invitations to local kids who have passed pre juvenile moves test.

I got an email in early march but I didn't meet the requirements, and then another email in late march saying that the requirements changed and I was now eligible. I have passed my prelim mif and free. I am about an hour and a half - 2 hours from the location, so not exactly local (there was one closer one but I had plans that day.)

Thank you. This makes a lot of sense. The nearest location for us this year is about 2 and half hour drive away, but I do remember that we had the show locally last year. Don't know if they will bring it back in the future.

Mamamiia

Medalist
Thank you. This makes a lot of sense. The nearest location for us this year is about 2 and half hour drive away, but I do remember that we had the show locally last year. Don't know if they will bring it back in the future.

I knew many kids couldn't commit because it's too far and they required 2 rehersals.