Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21
Results 201 to 209 of 209

Thread: IceNetwork Ending/NBC Sports Gold update

  1. #201
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    66
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by frida80 View Post
    Thank you!

  2. #202
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Oct 2005
    Posts
    97

    0 Not allowed!
    Thank you, but I did not subscribe to Ice Network. I didn't need to since my Dish includes NBC Sports and Olympic Channel. So my question is, will those 2 channels continue to show figure skating, or...do I have to subscribe to streaming NBC Sports?

  3. #203
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    May 2018
    Posts
    27
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Penny View Post
    Thank you, but I did not subscribe to Ice Network. I didn't need to since my Dish includes NBC Sports and Olympic Channel. So my question is, will those 2 channels continue to show figure skating, or...do I have to subscribe to streaming NBC Sports?
    I second this question. I feel like since they’re both under NBC they should continue to broadcast skating, but I wouldn’t past them not to to try and make some extra money. I feel like it will only drive people away though, I don’t want to pay extra for competitions I’m not going to watch. The Olympic channel was perfect for me.

  4. #204
    Rinkside
    Join Date
    Jul 2018
    Posts
    16

    0 Not allowed!
    So I’m Canadian and I bought an NBC Gold subscription because I thought it would give me access to 99% of ISU events. I been reading the fine print and worrying that I’ve horribly misunderstood.

    Any other Canadians/non-Americans with some insight on NBC Gold?

  5. #205
    Tripping on the Podium
    Join Date
    Jun 2005
    Posts
    663

    1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Tavi... View Post
    You have to subscribe to NBC Sports Gold if you want the same streaming you used to get via Ice Network.
    Quote Originally Posted by statmam View Post
    How long does it take for the on-demand portion to become available?
    Quote Originally Posted by RemyRose View Post
    Not long. They put up the pairs video from Salt Lake City about 15 mins post competition, if that long.
    Yep. On-demand goes up almost immediately as competition concludes. In Ladies SP, I even watched early skaters while the later competitors were airing live. Good quality video, no freezes or buffering... pretty impressive performance for Gold. (I have no idea how it works for non-US?)

  6. #206
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    108
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    I think I figured out why NBC Sports Gold app isn't available on smart tvs! My theory is that there would be no way to stop a bar or restaurant from downloading the app and working around the very expensive cable packages for showing sports like rugby or premier league football.

    This discussion brought to you by me hanging out at my local discussing how they're not going to shell out money for a NFL package because it would be so expensive.

  7. #207
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Posts
    203

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Ducky View Post
    I think I figured out why NBC Sports Gold app isn't available on smart tvs! My theory is that there would be no way to stop a bar or restaurant from downloading the app and working around the very expensive cable packages for showing sports like rugby or premier league football.

    This discussion brought to you by me hanging out at my local discussing how they're not going to shell out money for a NFL package because it would be so expensive.
    The app isn’t available on smart TVs because the TVs predate the app, and smart TVs have limited app capability. Get a Roku or similar device to plug into your tv. I believe something like this will work.

  8. #208
    Uno, Dos, twizzle! Mrs. P's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2009
    Posts
    22,244

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    The app isn’t available on smart TVs because the TVs predate the app, and smart TVs have limited app capability. Get a Roku or similar device to plug into your tv. I believe something like this will work.
    Yes, my TV is too old to get the app. But I get it through my Apple TV and it works great.

  9. #209
    On the Ice
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    108
    Country: United States of America

    0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by carriecmu0503 View Post
    The app isn’t available on smart TVs because the TVs predate the app, and smart TVs have limited app capability. Get a Roku or similar device to plug into your tv. I believe something like this will work.
    NBC could easily make their app work with Android TV but they're choosing not to. I mean if Fox Sports and ESPN are able to have provide apps for livestreaming broadcast shows (with cable log in) then there's no functional reason NBC Sports isn't.

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •