IceNetwork Ending/NBC Sports Gold update | Page 5 | Golden Skate

IceNetwork Ending/NBC Sports Gold update

badknees

Medalist
I PM'd IN and got this reply:

"We are aware of the problem and are actively working to fix it."

Waiting for another reply to see if they will extend the deadline.

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Same issue here. I tried to update my profile (I'd like to change the email address on the account) and my card info and it keeps saying there was an error.

I'm going to email them now with the info I'd like to update and hope that they honor that as getting everything updated by the deadline. I'm trying to do what they told us to do...it's not my fault their site isn't working correctly...

ETA: Here's what I sent to them...

Hello,

I logged into IceNetwork to update my billing information per the email I received below. When I tried to save the changes I made the system gave me this error:

(screenshot of error message)

This happened several times over multiple browsers. I will attempt to update my info again later today but just in case I am unable to update it prior to the deadline, I wanted to send my updated info in. My hope is that my effort to update the information within the time frame will be taken into account and I'll receive the advertised discount for the new NBC service.

Please see below for my information:

I hope they get this fixed. I really don't want any drama during this transition.

badknees

Medalist
Another response from IN via PM on FB.

I asked if the deadline would be extended.

"It will be extended if the problem persists longer than expected."

I would think it would be lousy of IN to not honor the discount even if they fix the problem over the weekend which gives everyone perhaps just one day to update.

ray94611

Rinkside
On top of everything else, the email was sent at 3:30 PDT, 6:30 Eastern. I called to find out that the "Customer Service" is open from noon to 6PM, Eastern, Monday thru Friday. That means we all would have six hours total to contact them to fix the problem. Not much thinking going on.

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
is there a way to delete your subscription?? or is it really going to charge me $50 instead of $25 so I'll have to chargeback via my credit card

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Watch your favorite athletes take to the ice for competitive programs across disciplines throughout the season. Catch the jumps, spins, lifts and more at featured events including:

U.S. International Figure Skating Classic
ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series, including Skate America
U.S. Regional Figure Skating Championships (junior and senior levels)
U.S. Sectional Figure Skating Championships for both figure skating (senior and junior levels) and synchronized skating (senior, junior and collegiate levels)
U.S. Figure Skating Championships (junior and senior levels)
ISU World Figure Skating Championships
ISU European Figure Skating Championships
ISU Four Continents Figure Skating Championships
U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships (senior, junior and collegiate levels)
ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships
ISU World Team Trophy

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
NBC Gold – FAQs
To sign up for updates from NBC Gold, click here.

What events are available with the Figure Skating Pass on NBC Sports Gold?

Live coverage of the U.S. Championships (junior and senior), ISU Grand Prix of Figure Skating Series, ISU World Championships, ISU Four Continents Championships, ISU European Championships and the ISU World Synchronized Skating Championships. Live offerings will also include the U.S. Synchronized Skating Championships (senior, junior and collegiate levels) and the U.S. Sectional Championships for both figure skating (senior and junior levels) and synchronized skating (senior, junior and collegiate levels). All live events, as well as the U.S. Regional Championships (junior and senior levels), will be available on-demand.

Will NBC Sports Gold have speed skating coverage?

In addition to “Figure Skating Pass,” users will also be able to purchase the “Speed Skating Pass.” The pass will include ISU World Cup Long Track and Short Track events, World Championship events in both disciplines of Speed Skating, as well as the European Speed Skating Championships.

Will competitions be available live and on-demand?

All events that will be available via the NBC Sports Gold “Figure Skating Pass” and “Speed Skating Pass” will be available on-demand, with certain events being available both live and on-demand as noted.

Can Figure Skating Pass subscribers access video archives?

The NBC Sports Gold Figure Skating Pass will include access to competitions dating back to September of 2017. In addition to the current season, the Figure Skating Pass will always provide access to the previous season’s content. Selected competition will be available starting July 1st.

What’s going to happen to all of the non-video content that used to be on icenetwork.com?

The editorial content found on icenetwork.com in the past will be dispersed between NBCSports.com and the U.S. Figure Skating Fan Zone website. Podcasts and non-subscription video content, i.e. Ice Desk, press conferences, backstage interviews, skating exhibitions, etc. will also now be found on the Fan Zone site.

Will video content be available outside of the United States?

For ISU events, including Skate America, NBC Sports Gold Figure Skating Pass subscribers outside of the United States will be blacked out due to media rights restrictions. For all U.S. Figure Skating domestic events, no blackout restrictions will apply.

What devices can I stream from?

NBC Sports Gold may be accessed via several different platforms. A full list can be found here.

Are events like the U.S. Adult Championships still going to be covered?

Yes, the U.S. Adult Figure Skating Championships, along with the juvenile, intermediate and novice levels at the U.S. championships and its qualifying competitions, the juvenile, intermediate, novice, adult and masters levels of U.S. Synchronized Skating and qualifying competitions, Theater on Ice and several other competitions and off-ice programming will be available on the revamped U.S. Figure Skating Fan Zone (coming early Fall 2019).

Will there still be a USFS member discount like there was with icenetwork?

U.S. Figure Skating members, and current icenetwork subscribers, will be given the opportunity to purchase the Figure Skating Pass on NBC Sports Gold for a reduced price ($10 off regular price) during the service’s launch period. Once the offering window has closed, no additional discounts will be offered.

What does “Direct to Consumer” mean?

NBC Sports Gold is available to anyone that subscribes to the product. It does not require a cable provider to authenticate the subscriber, which means anyone with a high-speed internet connection may access the subscription service.

How much does it cost and when will it be available?

Detailed pricing information will be available soon. The pass will launch on July 1. For updates, visit this page.

Will there be commentary on the stream?

The majority of events will be streamed without commentators, using natural sound from the host arena. Some events, like the senior level of the U.S. Figure Skating Championships will have commentators.

Will current icenetwork Season Pass subscribers need to create a new account on NBC Sports Gold?

Current icenetwork subscribers will receive an email this summer with instructions on how to create an NBC Sports Gold account. Users who are signed up for auto-renewal on icenetwork just need to ensure that their payment information is update to date by May 21st in order to be auto-renewed.

What will happen to video archives prior to the 2017-18 season?

If you are interested in purchasing digital downloads of specific events or individual performances prior to the 2017-18 season, please visit usfigureskatingdigital.com. If the video you are looking for is not available, please email U.S. Figure Skating’s video production department at [email protected].

so it looks like usfs members and icenetwork members will only be given $10 off. not worth an 100% increase. just contacted usfs to hear what they have to say. this is ridiculouts

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
just confirmed with usfs that the cost is $50. Also confirmed with in that the only way to cancel is to call them on the phone today between 12-6, otherwise you'll be charged $50.

ice coverage

Record Breaker
Access to archived competition video is looking grim :sad4::

NBC Gold – FAQs

… Can Figure Skating Pass subscribers access video archives?

The NBC Sports Gold Figure Skating Pass will include access to competitions dating back to September of 2017. In addition to the current season, the Figure Skating Pass will always provide access to the previous season’s content. Selected competition will be available starting July 1st. ...

…. What will happen to video archives prior to the 2017-18 season?

If you are interested in purchasing digital downloads of specific events or individual performances prior to the 2017-18 season, please visit usfigureskatingdigital.com. If the video you are looking for is not available, please email U.S. Figure Skating’s video production department at [email protected]. ...

Even those who subscribe will have access only to one previous season of video?

And video prior to 2017-18 will be available for purchase only as digital downloading of specific events or individual performance -- at what I assume would be a hefty cost?

I remain concerned as to whether other content will be archived. The wording continues to be unclear (IMO) and confusing:

… What’s going to happen to all of the non-video content that used to be on icenetwork.com?

The editorial content found on icenetwork.com in the past will be dispersed between NBCSports.com and the U.S. Figure Skating Fan Zone website. Podcasts and non-subscription video content, i.e. Ice Desk, press conferences, backstage interviews, skating exhibitions, etc. will also now be found on the Fan Zone site. ...

Concern #1:

In this part, the word "archives" never is used.

So are they saying only that -- going forward -- new (and only new) non-video content of the same *types* that were on IN "in the past" will be divided btwn NBCSports.com and USFS Fan Zone?

IMO, not clear whether archives of IN non-video content will be divided btwn NBC and the FanZone? (Is "dispersed" supposed to imply archiving??? I cannot tell.)​

Concern #2:

The words "articles" and "photos" never are used. If archiving is happening, I hope that the many years of old IN articles, blogs, and photo galleries will be accessible somewhere.
Confusing b/c specific types of non-subscription video content are spelled out in answer to the posed question re non-video content. And yet they do not bother to specify "articles" and "photos" as non-video content? (I suppose the only other non-video content would be audio files, but still … why not simply say (if it is true?) that old IN articles will be archived on the NBC site??)​

… Are events like the U.S. Adult Championships still going to be covered?

Yes, the U.S. Adult Figure Skating Championships, along with the juvenile, intermediate and novice levels at the U.S. championships and its qualifying competitions, the juvenile, intermediate, novice, adult and masters levels of U.S. Synchronized Skating and qualifying competitions, Theater on Ice and several other competitions and off-ice programming will be available on the revamped U.S. Figure Skating Fan Zone (coming early Fall 2019)…

USFS Fan Zone is not going to be revamped until early Fall 2019??? Over a year from now???

Could be a typo … but I am not optimistic.

In any case, thanks to alyssamarie :thank: for sharing the FAQs (ETA, also at this link, I now see: http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.com/nbc-gold-faqs/).

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
so according icenetwork, in order to cancel you need to contact nbc gold. Guess what nbc gold says?!! you need to contact icenetwork. looks like i'll have to dispute the charge when it comes through.

hopefully the streams work this year!!

DC2003

Rinkside
Has anyone ever purchased any other NBC sports package like this one? I am curious what you can do when viewing...especially the ability to fast forward or rewind and whether we will need to endure any commercials. At least with Ice Network, there was one commercial when you started the event and then none thereafter no matter how often you skipped parts of the program.

livetoskate

On the Ice
I just got the error message too; it only has my old credit card info on file. If it keeps malfunctioning-- well, this past season I wound up watching more of the competitions through online streams from other countries, so it's not a big priority for me to get this new NBC subscription.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Being a rather cynical person, I don't think it's a coincidence at all that suddenly there's this mysterious error that won't let everybody update their info when there's such a tight deadline to do it in order to get the discount...

And of course it's not like I can call the help desk. I can't even begin to imagine how much that international call would cost.

NaVi

Medalist
If anyone important is reading... I'm not likely to subscribe, but I would be mighty tempted to if there were a judges view camera and above view camera: https://viuly.io/video/alina-zagitovas-black-swan-short-program-from-above-237409

[edit]

I just want to add, that IMO that best thing NBC and the USFSA could do together to boost figure skating's popularity in the US is to bring the Grand Prix Final to North America every year and given a pretty prominent spotlight.

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
If anyone important is reading... I'm not likely to subscribe, but I would be mighty tempted to if there were a judges view camera and above view camera: https://viuly.io/video/alina-zagitovas-black-swan-short-program-from-above-237409

[edit]

I just want to add, that IMO that best thing NBC and the USFSA could do together to boost figure skating's popularity in the US is to bring the Grand Prix Final to North America every year and given a pretty prominent spotlight.

I would definitely be willing to pay quite a bit more if we had bonus cam angles & no commentary! :agree:

nancela

Rinkside
I still cannot update my information without getting the ERROR message.

Are any of you who are also getting the ERROR message Apple users?

Is it impossible for you to delete your old credit card number when your existing information comes up and enter the new one unless you click on "CREATE NEW"?

Do you still get the ERROR message after doing that?

RemyRose

YOLO
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
I still cannot update my information without getting the ERROR message.

Are any of you who are also getting the ERROR message Apple users?

Is it impossible for you to delete your old credit card number when your existing information comes up and enter the new one unless you click on "CREATE NEW"?

Do you still get the ERROR message after doing that?

Everyone is getting the error msg regardless of the platform they are using :shrug: Everyone is waiting on IceNetwork to fix their system.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
USFS confirmed to me via Twitter today that the deadline will be extended.

The problem is that after all the problems, I don't actually trust that that will happen until something is said publicly.

I fired off an email to IN today, coldly formal and polite but pissed off. Even in their death throes, they are truly IceNOTwork.