IceNetwork Ending/NBC Sports Gold update | Page 6 | Golden Skate

IceNetwork Ending/NBC Sports Gold update

Tavi...

Record Breaker
The problem is that after all the problems, I don't actually trust that that will happen until something is said publicly.

I fired off an email to IN today, coldly formal and polite but pissed off. Even in their death throes, they are truly IceNOTwork.

Agreed. Yeah, I’m sure its possible things will continue to be a mess for awhile- witness them sending me to nbc sports gold when they couldn’t have had any way to help. But I guess at this point I have too many other things to worry about, so I’m mostly annoyed at the waste of time. Seriously, there’s no way they could try to deny the discount for “missing” the deadline under these circumstances. :dev2:

alyssamarie

On the Ice
Country
United-States
so i contacted in to delete my account since it won't let me delete my credit card (not paying $25 more for less stuff) and they said:

"
Hello,

We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us. Please continue to check the website for updates.

regards,
Ice Network Support
"

no mention of them deleting my account

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
so i contacted in to delete my account since it won't let me delete my credit card (not paying $25 more for less stuff) and they said:

"
Hello,

We appreciate the time you have taken to contact us. Please continue to check the website for updates.

regards,
Ice Network Support
"

no mention of them deleting my account

If you'd been talking to a real person, they would have confirmed that they deleted your account and then asked "Is there anything else we can do for you today?" Like you haven't just severed your relationship with them. They have to say that, no matter how inappropriate, they're given scripts.

karne

in Emergency Backup Mode
Record Breaker
Country
Australia
https://twitter.com/icenetwork/status/998346009876058112

We are aware the account management section of the website is not functioning properly. We are working to fix the issue.

If you are trying to update your billing information, please sit tight, and we will provide an update when the problem is fixed.

The issue I take with this is that it does not address the issue of the deadline. The USFS appears to have provided private reassurances to people who tag them on Twitter that it will be extended, but will say nothing publicly about the deadline.

This is so much bad handling it's ridiculous.

waxel

Final Flight
I didn't get an email at all and I was subscribed this year. I found out about the NBC thing on Twitter, but that didn't say anything about Icenetwork ending. i was wondering how both would compete because I had no idea about IN. Seems they are pretty inconsistent with a lot of stuff and this might be a change for the better, provided it's not a lot more expensive.

I didn't get the email either and I've been an IN member from day 1.

I had my watching "system" down. Watch/dvr everything on NBC/NBCSN/OLYS Channel and everything else on IN. Worked great (most of the time). I hope the new 'arrangement' will be easy to use.:rolleye:

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Thursday evening, IN still not letting me update 'wallet', still no response to repeated requests for information. Geez. Anyone else know anything?

temadd

Final Flight
I'm having the same problem. I emailed IN last week and they said that they are aware of the problem and working on it. Can't imagine why it's taking so long.

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
I wonder if they're waiting until the problem is fixed to announce the deadline extension. I better still get my discount...

kwanatic

Check out my YT channel, Bare Ice!
Record Breaker
Any updates yet? I just tried to update my info yet again and, yet again, I got the same error message.:palmf:

Dragonheart97

Rinkside
Same. Hopefully if they don't get the site going they'll use the current subscriber list to still offer the discount. That would be the logical thing to do, anyway...

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Any updates yet? I just tried to update my info yet again and, yet again, I got the same error message.:palmf:
Just got a new email from IN. Good news: they will extend the deadline for the special discount due to the wallet problems. Bad news: the wallet problems are still not fixed so they have no idea what the new deadline will be, but will let us know once everything gets sorted

satine

v Yuki Ishikawa v
Record Breaker
$60 if you weren't subscribed
$50 if you were subscribed / are a usfs member

If $60 is the final price then I'd be willing to subscribe. :) Of course, I'm still dreaming of a no commentary option, but NBC likes to be bothersome :laugh: