IceNetwork Ending/NBC Sports Gold update | Page 8 | Golden Skate

IceNetwork Ending/NBC Sports Gold update

kiches

Final Flight
Does it work on anyone's computer?

The forgot password trick works, but there are many of those check all the boxes with signs/motorcycles/cars etc captcha tests to get there.

The app downloaded to my firestick ok, so I can watch on tv, and it is ok for Android phones.

I did the “forgot password” thing after I checked for a charge on my card and was able to login on my laptop and stream. Haven’t tried it on mobile yet.

macy

Record Breaker
are they moving all video content over? or just bigger competitions? it was cool to watch regionals and sectionals too.

anpanmanz

Spectator
So my credit card was charged, but I haven't received an email from NBC yet. Anybody else experiencing the same thing?

Ducky

On the Ice
They just said flat-out they wouldn't be renewing me at all. So I guess it's all of it.

I just had a thought, though - what about the US Classic? If that's going to remain exclusively on NBCSportsGold like it was on IceNetwork, then suddenly, an event with a traditionally quite large Australian contingent has been cut off from their viewers. Sorry Mama and Papa Dodds, no seeing your boys skate this year...(not that they saw much of them any other year because they seemed to constantly be victims of the garbage streaming, but still...)

Hmmm... maybe someone in Australia is licensing the broadcast rights to it because figure skating is one of the few sports packages from NBCSportsGold that can work in some other countries for some events (Austria, Canada, Denmark, Germany, Ireland, Italy, Japan, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Spain, Sweden and the UK). Not having Australia seems like a strange omission.

Side note: oh man, I really want to see this distribution agreement and how those territories were picked.

Ducky

On the Ice
Yeah I was worried about that. My TV is a Samsung and about 3 years old.

Oh, I meant is it running Android or Roku or Apple Tv? The app's not compatible with Android TV but is available for Apple TV (Gen 4), Roku, Amazon Fire TV, Chromecast devices connected via HDMI.

BUT if you do have an Android TV would you mind sending an email to [email protected] asking them to develop a version for Android TV? If enough of us do so, then they'll probably come out with a version of the app for us.

DC2003

Rinkside
Finally got my e-mail today. Seems odd you need to reset your password before you ever accessed the site in the first place!

Picture quality is surprisingly clear. I always dreaded when a skater wore a red costume which would always blur on IceNetwork! Some events seem incomplete..we'll see whether this is everything that NBC is going to post or if there is still more to come. I expected the same feeds as on IceNetwork - no commentary for most events. But, the events I sampled so far were just rebroadcasts of coverage from the Olympic Channel which I do not have with commentators at some broadcast center watching a live feed. I hope they cover all skaters competing, not just those they choose to air. Wonder what will happen when next season begins....

With Takahashi's "un"retirement this week, this is a perfect example of how I will miss having a centralized news location for figure skating.

Dragonheart97

Rinkside
Hadn't heard from NBC so I went and logged in and did the password reset. Turns out, even though I updated all my credit card info, IceNetwork apparently sent them the old information where my card had expired in March rather than the new expiration date I gave them when I updated in the Wallet. NBC tried to bill me twice and it didn't go through, and I never received any emails saying as much so I could fix the issue. I emailed NBC Support, but as of tonight I still haven't heard back from them. I'm hoping they'll still give me the discount but if not I guess I'll suck it up and pay the extra $10. 🙄

ruffledgrouse

Record Breaker
Hadn't heard from NBC so I went and logged in and did the password reset. Turns out, even though I updated all my credit card info, IceNetwork apparently sent them the old information where my card had expired in March rather than the new expiration date I gave them when I updated in the Wallet. NBC tried to bill me twice and it didn't go through, and I never received any emails saying as much so I could fix the issue. I emailed NBC Support, but as of tonight I still haven't heard back from them. I'm hoping they'll still give me the discount but if not I guess I'll suck it up and pay the extra $10. 🙄

Same exact story here. Decided ten bucks wasn't worth the aggravation, but it sure reaffirmed my feelings about Ice Network's end

Bluediamonds09

Medalist
NBC won’t be airing any GP footage, will they? So either buy this new NBC Sports app thing or you’re out of the loop until someone posts videos on YouTube? ☹️

temadd

Final Flight

Yep me too. Old credit card info was on NBC. I updated my card number on NBC (after already doing it on IN) but did not buy the subscription yet. I emailed them about getting the discount and haven't heard back. I'm thinking maybe we should email USFS about this.

NaVi

Medalist
NBC won’t be airing any GP footage, will they? So either buy this new NBC Sports app thing or you’re out of the loop until someone posts videos on YouTube? ☹️

They will surely be airing the grand prix... figure skating ratings are down over the years(they've kind of held steady lately) but they still get better ratings than a lot of things put on in weekend afternoons. Figure skating ratings are comparable to EPL soccer matches. And they paid for the content.

MsLayback

On the Ice
Country
United-States
NBC won’t be airing any GP footage, will they? So either buy this new NBC Sports app thing or you’re out of the loop until someone posts videos on YouTube? [emoji852]️
grand prix was broadcast on the Olympic Channel watched all the competitions live on this channel last season