IceNetwork Ending/NBC Sports Gold update | Page 9 | Golden Skate

IceNetwork Ending/NBC Sports Gold update

MoonlightSkater

On the Ice
Just spotted the 100% unexpected $50 autocharge on my account today and almost reported it as fraud because it said NY in the charge line and I knew I didn't authorize something. Pretty livid right now. It took searching Ice Network and NBC to realize US Figure Skating just gave them my account number. I frankly think at this point that I do not need this service. I don't want them to just pass my card info on to someone else all over again.

Edit- I guess this is what I get for scanning for skating news that most interests me and not checking my email spam filter regularly. Because I totally missed this was going to happen.

Elana

On the Ice
The Icenetwork app made it so simple to see scores, especially during live events, does anyone know if there will be a new app for this? I believe scores will now be on the fanzone site so I can just go there, but I found the app more convenient.

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
The Icenetwork app made it so simple to see scores, especially during live events, does anyone know if there will be a new app for this? I believe scores will now be on the fanzone site so I can just go there, but I found the app more convenient.

You can easily access the live results here at GS too. Just click the red link that says “RESULTS”

You’ll see them on the GS competition homepage :)

Click Here To See last season’s events.
https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?570-2017-18-Senior-Grand-Prix-of-Figure-Skating

These red links appear in the first post of each event thread and even at the top of the main forum page during the season. GS is a great tool too :)

If you ever can’t find them you can just ask people and will usually help. I know I share links during events a lot :)

Elana

On the Ice
You can easily access the live results here at GS too. Just click the red link that says “RESULTS”

https://www.goldenskate.com/forum/forumdisplay.php?570-2017-18-Senior-Grand-Prix-of-Figure-Skating

These red links appear in the first post of each event thread and even at the top of the main forum page during the season. GS is a great tool too :)

If you ever can’t find them if you can ask people and will usually help. I know I share links during events a lot :)

Yes, thank you, I'm sure I will be checking them a lot! Icenetwork had results for US regionals, sectionals, lower level nats too, that were easily accessible on their app, but those aren't on GS right?

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
Yes, thank you, I'm sure I will be checking them a lot! Icenetwork had results for US regionals, sectionals, lower level nats too, that were easily accessible on their app, but those aren't on GS right?

Not certain but usually threads pop up that discuss regionals and sectionals and posters offer up links that are helpful.

ice coverage

Record Breaker

If you ever can’t find them if you can ask people and will usually help. I know I share links during events a lot :)

Another major tip regarding live results during competitions is to always check the OPs of GS competition threads.
Thanks to Doris and/or other mods, the competition thread OPs usually have lotsa helpful links and information, including links to schedules and results.

For competitions in progress, the USFSfanzone "Competition Central" pages often have been convenient sources of information (including schedules and results) for me as well.

The USFSfanzone site is supposed to be revamped shortly, but I hope that it will continue to offer the Competition Central pages.
In the past, the Competition Central pages often included links to relevant stuff available on IN; I expect that future Competition Central pages will link to relevant online stuff available via NBC.

If you also are interested in one-stop-shopping for past results, these official resources could be helpful:

http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.com/past-results/ has links to results going back to 2014-15 for:

U.S. Regionals, Sectionals, Nationals
U.S. Collegiates
U.S. International Classic
U.S. Challenge Skate (except 2015)
GPs
GPF/JGPF
ISU Championships
OWG
WTT and TCC
USFS synchro and World synchro competitions
USFS adult comps​

https://isu.org/results-fs has links to results going back to 2013-14 for:

JGPs
GPs
GPF/JGPF
ISU Championships
OWG
WTT

Elana

On the Ice
Another major tip regarding live results during competitions is to always check the OPs of GS competition threads.
Thanks to Doris and/or other mods, the competition thread OPs usually have lotsa helpful links and information, including links to schedules and results.

For competitions in progress, the USFSfanzone "Competition Central" pages often have been convenient sources of information (including schedules and results) for me as well.

The USFSfanzone site is supposed to be revamped shortly, but I hope that it will continue to off the Competition Central pages.
In the past, the Competition Central pages often included links to relevant stuff available on IN; I expect that future Competition Central pages will link to relevant online stuff available via NBC.

If you also are interested in one-stop-shopping for past results, these official resources could be helpful:

http://www.usfigureskatingfanzone.com/past-results/ has links to results going back to 2014-15 for:

U.S. Regionals, Sectionals, Nationals
U.S. Collegiates
U.S. International Classic
U.S. Challenge Skate (except 2015)
GPs
GPF/JGPF
ISU Championships
OWG
WTT and TCC
USFS synchro and World synchro competitions
USFS adult comps​

https://isu.org/results-fs has links to results going back to 2013-14 for:

JGPs
GPs
GPF/JGPF
ISU Championships
OWG
WTT

Very helpful, thank you!

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Hadn't heard from NBC so I went and logged in and did the password reset. Turns out, even though I updated all my credit card info, IceNetwork apparently sent them the old information where my card had expired in March rather than the new expiration date I gave them when I updated in the Wallet. NBC tried to bill me twice and it didn't go through, and I never received any emails saying as much so I could fix the issue. I emailed NBC Support, but as of tonight I still haven't heard back from them. I'm hoping they'll still give me the discount but if not I guess I'll suck it up and pay the extra $10. 🙄
Same here. I was in the NC mountains last week w/o internet, now have just discovered multiple declined attempts to charge my old card--which IN had not allowed me to update despite many attempts in May, although promising to notify me when problem fixed. Just plain incompetence. Now I can't find an 800# for NBC subscription issues. So even though I am completely aggravated, I, too, will pay the extra $10 rather than go through a probably fruitless email hassle. And there will be no refunds for cancellation. All I can do now is pray that NBC livestream will not have their usual rude, chatty, & distracting commentary from the usual group of posturing self-promoters. :palmf:. May all be well!

Tavi...

Record Breaker
Same here. I was in the NC mountains last week w/o internet, now have just discovered multiple declined attempts to charge my old card--which IN had not allowed me to update despite many attempts in May, although promising to notify me when problem fixed. Just plain incompetence. Now I can't find an 800# for NBC subscription issues. So even though I am completely aggravated, I, too, will pay the extra $10 rather than go through a probably fruitless email hassle. And there will be no refunds for cancellation. All I can do now is pray that NBC livestream will not have their usual rude, chatty, & distracting commentary from the usual group of posturing self-promoters. :palmf:. May all be well!

Have you tried emailing them?They’re very responsive. I had a similar problem - I was able to update my icenetwork account before the deadline but they attempted to charge the expired card anyway. They sent me a discount code.

https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/faq

[email protected]

macy

Record Breaker

you can also find live results on the ISU website, it's the same webpages that IN linked to for live international results.

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
Have you tried emailing them?They’re very responsive. I had a similar problem - I was able to update my icenetwork account before the deadline but they attempted to charge the expired card anyway. They sent me a discount code.

https://www.nbcsports.com/gold/faq

[email protected]

Thank you, Tavi, you've given me new energy! I believe I was too easily discouraged. I'll try again, and also renew my hopes for commentary-free livestream :pray:

CoyoteChris

Record Breaker
First login, NBCSPORTSGOLD

My take on NBC Sports Gold. Logging in was straight forward, except I had to answer two captia puzzles that were not intuitive. (“Click on all the squares that have a sidewalk in the picture”)
Once I got to the list of figure skating events available, they were oddly labeled. One was labeled “US Figure Skating Championship, Figure Skating”. With a pic of a lady. It turned out to be the Ladies Free.
Once the stream started, the quality was very good, both on my computer and on my Big Screen TV. The voices of the announcers were overpowered by the music but many events did not have any commentary, which is fine.
Except for the heinous login, I really don’t have much bad to say, except that the list of available events is very poorly done. So far it looks like it works.
(I dont have Suduko or what ever those options are to get the content so I just got it from the website)

Dragonheart97

Rinkside
:laugh2:

i won't lie, IN had some really great aspects and was a top resource for many fans and skaters for interviews, results, news, and videos. it was a really awesome thing back in 2008, i remember being so excited to be able to watch all this skating i couldn't find anywhere else. it's been real :thank:

Honestly, I did wish they'd have allowed the website to continue in a news capacity at first, but then as they were doing their final countdown (sorry if that song's in your head now lol) some of the articles were... rude? The Gracie Gold one sticks out the most. So it seemed they were taking subtle potshots because of a "what are they going to do, shut us down??" mentality which then made me want them to let the doorknob hit them where it hurt on the way out.

Dragonheart97

Rinkside
I just renewed mine today after giving up waiting to hear from them for a week. I did see the place to enter the discount code, but I was never sent one. I checked all my spam mail folders and nothing. So I guess if they get back to me a month from now or whatever, I'll see if they can give me a refund on the $10. If not, ah well. My own fault for jumping the gun I guess, but at least I'm finally subscribed.

Tavi...

Record Breaker
I just renewed mine today after giving up waiting to hear from them for a week. I did see the place to enter the discount code, but I was never sent one. I checked all my spam mail folders and nothing. So I guess if they get back to me a month from now or whatever, I'll see if they can give me a refund on the $10. If not, ah well. My own fault for jumping the gun I guess, but at least I'm finally subscribed.

I doubt they’re going to magically send you a discount code, but if you email and ask, they might. Some IN subscribers had no problems- they were automatically charged the discounted amount. The discount codes were sent to IN subscribers who reported problems to NBC Sports Gold - an overcharge, failure to use updated credit card info, etc. If you don’t contact them, they may not do anything and you’ll be stuck with the full charge. A lot of us had problems and never got the emails - including me - but ended up getting the discounts after we contacted NBC. I posted the email above. .

macy

Record Breaker
Honestly, I did wish they'd have allowed the website to continue in a news capacity at first, but then as they were doing their final countdown (sorry if that song's in your head now lol) some of the articles were... rude? The Gracie Gold one sticks out the most. So it seemed they were taking subtle potshots because of a "what are they going to do, shut us down??" mentality which then made me want them to let the doorknob hit them where it hurt on the way out.

i agree with you, the jab at gracie was unnecessary and inappropriate, and that was probably their mindset. nobody can do anything about it, we're shutting down anyway.

JustRozy

On the Ice
Country
United-States
OK, I emailed nbcsportsgold support that I was a victim of the incompetent IN shutdown, and NBC immediately emailed me back with a discount coupon code. Success! Thanks again, Tavi!

Now, however, their login screen does not function for me; it appears, for sure, but there is no box anywhere on screen in which to enter info, and all buttons (e.g. LOGIN, lol) simply refresh the screen. Multiple emails have so far elicited only one response "Go to www.nbcsportsgold.com. Enter the email address and password you used to create your account." which takes me to the current live events page, shows me as already logged in, and has no options anywhere on it to "...Enter the email address and password you used to create your account." I am not tech-savvy but neither am I stupid, and usually have no trouble accessing/navigating other sites on my up-to-date iMac.

Is anyone else having problems? I appreciate any advice.

Cdimop

Rinkside
I have a question. My cable provider (spectrum) is offering a mini channel bundle which includes "nbc sports." It's not the nbc Olympic channel. If this "nbc sports" channel shows all the Grand Prix events and expanded coverage of us nationals and worlds, I would consider getting it. Does anyone know if it will be covering figure skating? In my mind, I could see the "nbc Olympic channel" and the "nbc sports channel" having a lot of overlapping programming. Anybody know anything about this matter?

StitchMonkey

Record Breaker
I have a question. My cable provider (spectrum) is offering a mini channel bundle which includes "nbc sports." It's not the nbc Olympic channel. If this "nbc sports" channel shows all the Grand Prix events and expanded coverage of us nationals and worlds, I would consider getting it. Does anyone know if it will be covering figure skating? In my mind, I could see the "nbc Olympic channel" and the "nbc sports channel" having a lot of overlapping programming. Anybody know anything about this matter?

We usually get a press release stating the seasons schedule/coverage but I have not seen it yet so it may not be finalized. In theory, if it is as it was in the past, we will know what time what is airing on what station when that press release comes out.