Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Thread: Was Tonya Harding Coached Poorly?

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Words for Snow View Post
    Oh for sure, if you don't acknowledge the harm done and the fact that it was wrong, you're denying, not forgiving. You can totally walk away from someone after forgiving them. Forgiveness is giving up your right to redress, like forgiving a loan. It's releasing your righteous indignation and thirst for vengeance. It's letting it go, but that doesn't mean it was right, or that you have to remain in contact or relationship with that person, although of course, you can.
    Yes, and it seems that Nancy has pretty much navigated that route. I don't think she wants anything to do with Tonya (naturally), but she doesn't seem especially bitter. She appears to hope that Tonya has gotten herself together and found some measure of happiness in her life. Her attitude seems to be, "Tonya's got her life, and I've got mine. The attack happened ages ago—who wants to remember it?"

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by fenway3 View Post
    Yes, and it seems that Nancy has pretty much navigated that route. I don't think she wants anything to do with Tonya (naturally), but she doesn't seem especially bitter. She appears to hope that Tonya has gotten herself together and found some measure of happiness in her life. Her attitude seems to be, "Tonya's got her life, and I've got mine. The attack happened ages ago—who wants to remember it?"
    That's good to hear!

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Words for Snow View Post
    That's good to hear!
    And what's so interesting is that Nancy seemed to be the queen of sticking her skate in her mouth when she was younger. I don't follow her that closely, but she seems to be much more intelligent in her comments now. If she disses Tonya, she sure doesn't seem to do it publicly.

Actually, it seems that other skaters are more critical of Tonya than Nancy herself. Nancy could've whined that Tonya should never have been invited to appear on DWTS, but I'm not aware that she ever did. If Nancy doesn't feel the need to do this kind of thing, I don't know why some other skaters do. It's refreshing that Mirai doesn't seem to be one of those.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Actually, it seems that other skaters are more critical of Tonya than Nancy herself. Nancy could've whined that Tonya should never have been invited to appear on DWTS, but I'm not aware that she ever did. If Nancy doesn't feel the need to do this kind of thing, I don't know why some other skaters do. .
    Her husband did on his Twitter. Called it a joke.

On the Ice

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Inessence View Post
    Her husband did on his Twitter. Called it a joke.
    Didn't know that. Her mom complained about the recent movie. She even added this:

My daughter would probably be mad at me for saying all this, but it’s how I feel!

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...movie-i-tonya/

Anyway, Nancy can't control what her husband and mom do, I guess. I'm glad she herself has shown some restraint at least.

0 Not allowed!
    Didn't know that. Her mom complained about the recent movie. She even added this:

My daughter would probably be mad at me for saying all this, but it’s how I feel!

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2...movie-i-tonya/

Anyway, Nancy can't control what her husband and mom do, I guess. I'm glad she herself has shown some restraint at least.
    From the article: “I think it’s quite disgusting that they put Tonya up like she’s some sort of hero when, in my opinion, she committed a crime!” said Brenda. They can both be true; she can be a hero who committed a crime. Good people do bad things everyday. I don't think Tonya's a hero, but it isn't an either/or situation. From that and the rest of the article, it looks like Nancy's mom seems pretty bitter. I probably would be, too. I didn't think the movie made light of what happened, though. The movie can be humorous while making a serious point about something that was quite wrong, but if it was my kid who got hurt, I probably wouldn't be interested in nuances and shades of gray and humor, either. Still, I'm glad it sounds like Nancy has moved on from it with better closure than her mom.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6