Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7

Thread: Evgenia Medvedeva's 2018-19 Season

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by 50 Words for Snow View Post
    I was just watching a video of her 2016 World FS that was overdubbed with Once Upon a December (it actually fit rather well) from Anastasia, and I was thinking the same thing when I saw her jumping.
    I think it may depend on the skater. Yuzuru has very low body percentage which allows him to he light enough to jump massive quads.

All Hail Empress Eteri Spirals for Miles's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
    ... all I want is a CoC win to complete her GP set...
    ...okay and maybe also a world title...

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirals for Miles View Post
    This is quite real, Zhenya has a consistently high level of performances. Much will depend on in what form in the new season will Alina. And that can show those who moved from juniors, for example Kihira.

Banned

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Spirals for Miles View Post
    She has never gone to CoC before right? Maybe she will go then. But if CoC invites Alina Z and she decides to go because it is close to Russia then I hope Zhenya goes somewhere else. Personally I want Zhenya at SC and SA, because they are closer to TCC and also because NHK and RoC have real home host competitiors like Japanese girls and Alina Z.

Tripping on the Podium

0 Not allowed!
    I’d actually love to see Alina and Evgenia battle it out at a GP before the Final. Why shouldn’t they?

0 Not allowed!
    Hmmm idk I think I’d prefer them to have a major battle at GPF I personally think Alina will get CoR and IdF and Zhenya SA and NHK, with the two North America events being sort of interchangeable

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by squall1111 View Post
    Personally I want Zhenya at SC and SA,
    I doubt that very much. SC and NHK seem more likely to me.

GS Supporter

1 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Yatagarasu View Post
    I doubt that very much. SC and NHK seem more likely to me.
    There’s no way she will be at SC, they would never invite her with the potential to beat Keatlyn. And I’m sure SA will want to clear a path for a Bradie win.

Spectator

1 Not allowed!
    I don't think Rusfed will put their two best skaters against each other before the GPF

GS Supporter

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Hello from Brazil View Post
    I don't think Rusfed will put their two best skaters against each other before the GPF
    well technically i think it does not depend entirely from rusfed, and based on their results last season, there is no guarantee they cannot end up at same GP.
    I mean, it can happen despite rusfed not happy with it.

Rinkside

0 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by moriel View Post
    well technically i think it does not depend entirely from rusfed, and based on their results last season, there is no guarantee they cannot end up at same GP.
    I mean, it can happen despite rusfed not happy with it.
    Neither Zhenya nor Zagitova has choice dibs of choosing GP because neither of them won 2018 Worlds. Osmond will have first 2 picks. So she will probably pick Skate Canada and Skate America. I think Zhenya will pick Skate Canada and NHK. Canada because it is close to TCC and NHK to avoid clashing with Zagitova and other Russian rivals. Or maybe not NHK but idF or Skate America to avoid the Japanese rivals too.

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bladesofwar View Post
    Neither Zhenya nor Zagitova has choice dibs of choosing GP because neither of them won 2018 Worlds. Osmond will have first 2 picks. So she will probably pick Skate Canada and Skate America. I think Zhenya will pick Skate Canada and NHK. Canada because it is close to TCC and NHK to avoid clashing with Zagitova and other Russian rivals. Or maybe not NHK but idF or Skate America to avoid the Japanese rivals too.
    It was said multiple times already but SC will 99% not invite Zhenya to the GP because they want Kaetlyn to win. I think Zhenya could go to SA, tbh I doubt Bradie could win it anyways if any of the top skaters are there and Zhenya will defintiely bring large crowds so it means = $$$

GS Supporter

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by bladesofwar View Post
    Considering SC and SA are one week apart, i highly doubt that Osmond will pick them both. Does not sound like a wise choice.

Alina was 5th at worlds, so she is seeded skater, right? How does that impact her assignment?
    Meanwhile, Med is not a seeded skater.

Bona Fide Member

2 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by moriel View Post
    Considering SC and SA are one week apart, i highly doubt that Osmond will pick them both. Does not sound like a wise choice.

Alina was 5th at worlds, so she is seeded skater, right? How does that impact her assignment?
    Meanwhile, Med is not a seeded skater.
    As far as I know - she cannot be in the same GPs as Bradie and Carolina (4th, 5th, 6th places), however don't know, if Carolina will compete next season and if then 7th place will be 'seeded'.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7