Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425

Thread: You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

Here for the High Lord of Extra TallyT's Avatar

4 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by elegance View Post
    ...when you know which 3A is being referenced in a given post.

...when you have a visual impairment and attendant balance problems, but you want to learn to skate anyway.

...when you start dreaming about various coaches and skaters. (yikes!)

...when you order swimwear because it looks like a skating costume. (not quite a yikes, but perhaps close)

...when you're nodding along with many replies on this thread.

Thank you for making all of this happen, Golden Skate! And thank you for making me welcome despite my newbie-ness.
    Welcome, and oh yes, the fellow feeling here is so strong....

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by TallyT View Post
    Welcome, and oh yes, the fellow feeling here is so strong....
    Thank you ever so much for this. I'd been lurking for a while, and I decided it was high time to make it official and join this forum properly.

6 Not allowed!
    You know you are a figure skating fan when you spend your Sunday, doing detective work on when Evgenia Medvedeva was in Charleston, South Carolina working on her free program with Shae-Lynn Bourne.

Fangirl of men’s spirals and split jumps el henry's Avatar

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Jeanie19 View Post
    You know you are a figure skating fan when you spend your Sunday, doing detective work on when Evgenia Medvedeva was in Charleston, South Carolina working on her free program with Shae-Lynn Bourne.
    Or staring at IG posts to see whether Jason was in Oakland again this week working with Rohene I admire the dedication of the Zhenya FF, you were amazing

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    Or staring at IG posts to see whether Jason was in Oakland again this week working with Rohene I admire the dedication of the Zhenya FF, you were amazing
    Thank you.

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by el henry View Post
    Or staring at IG posts to see whether Jason was in Oakland again this week working with Rohene
    Or go squint-eyed trying to decide if that smudgy dark blur at the back of a TCC photo has hair or legs quite long enough to be who we think it is or isn't.....

6 Not allowed!
    ...when the first thing that pops on your auto correct after typing 'Anna' is 'Shcherbakova'

Rinkside

5 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by ruga View Post
    ...when the first thing that pops on your auto correct after typing 'Anna' is 'Shcherbakova'
    Oh I feel you there.. in fact, mine is even sadder since all I have to type is the letter “H” and iPhone corrects to “Hanyu” immediately.

Also... when you’ve spent literal days crafting and customizing multiple playlists of your favorite skating performances.

Medalist

3 Not allowed!
    You drive 2 days to Boston to see Gracie. You drive 2 days to Philadelphia *in the hopes of* seeing Gracie.

Rinkside

2 Not allowed!
    When I listen to classical music, I can remember certain individuals skating to a particular piece. I recall Kwan’s Lyra Angelica, Zayak’s Reverie by Debussy, and Asada’s Rachmaninoff in 2014. That’s when I know I am hooked.

On the Ice

4 Not allowed!
    When you go to Dairy Queen and read the "only at DQ" on your Blizzard as: "only at Don Quixote"

Triple Something-Triple Looping NoviceFan's Avatar

3 Not allowed!
    When an otherwise unremarkable summer intern stands out to you because he, too, is a figure skating fan (there is nobody else where I work; to clarify, said summer intern has stellar academic credentials, but they all do...)

3 Not allowed!
    Quote Originally Posted by Triple loop View Post
    When I listen to classical music, I can remember certain individuals skating to a particular piece. I recall Kwan’s Lyra Angelica, Zayak’s Reverie by Debussy, and Asada’s Rachmaninoff in 2014. That’s when I know I am hooked.
    As I mentioned earlier, it gets even worse when the 'real' (aka the composer's) music starts sounding wrong because you've listened to the skater's cut too often

Page 25 of 25 FirstFirst ... 1516171819202122232425