You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 26 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

MMisMis

On the Ice
Country
Russia
When you're working with two computer screens in the office: Screen 1) Work; Screen 2) JGP... in the middle of the desk your mobile phone, also with JGP and your earphones in, so that in case of any glitches you won't miss anything...

:thumbsup:

CarolPooh

Rinkside
when you accidentally said "GPF" to your colleague instead of "GPV" (which is a term we use at work). Then your colleague was like... what the xyz are you talking about?

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
When you can never, ever see the letters "UR" in anything without thinking "underrotation", even in languages that don't use that abbreviation.

Shedi0806

On the Ice
As a European fan you are freaking out because we do not have info yet if the Grand Prix would be available on ESP or not....

PS. If someone has info on that please share it with the rest of us mad for skating. Thanks! :)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
...it annoys you to see so many empty seats at a FS event from your stream, on a Saturday evening especially, and you wish you are in one of those seats to cheer on the skaters.
...finding a fancam of your favourites brightens your day.
...it can be tough during one week when there is no FS event to watch but it can be even tougher when there are concurrent FS events happening (even with two monitors, the audio still remains a choice).

Seren

Wakabond Forever
Record Breaker
You have favorite skaters from all over the world- not just your home country.

This is one of my favorite things about figure skating.

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You are immersing yourself in a book or story... and then realise you are mentally picturing your favourite characters with avatars of your favourite skaters...

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
You send Harshita Rawtani's interview to a friend who might have connections to wealthy people in India, out of the irrational hope that something might come out of it...

:slink:

vincerooo

Rinkside
When you spend two hours just pacing back and forth until 1 in the morning, thinking only about Sui/Han

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
Starting next Monday, the answer to "how was your weekend" largely depends on how your favorite figure skater did in his or her grand prix event...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Starting next Monday, the answer to "how was your weekend" largely depends on how your favorite figure skater did in his or her grand prix event...

Never mind next Monday, how many events are on in the next week and how much sleep are we all going to get??

Azikin

Medalist
You have favorite skaters from all over the world- not just your home country.
Yes, I remembered Yagudin asking one of the japanese fans last year who she's rooting for and she answered "all of them".. ;)

So You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... you root for all of them!

Orlov

Medalist
When you make a reservation and say "so, and now Polina Tsurskaya will answer us" referring to a student who is also called Polina Ts., and who is just as tall (I'm now a graduate student, so I teach freshmen :))

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Your Nearest and Dearest are suffering horrible doses of the bug that is going around, and your sympathetic and caring reaction? - "keep away from me, I've got to sit up for ACI all weekend!!!"

Azikin

Medalist
I assume that computer background being exclusively pictures of favourite skaters doesn't even need to be mentioned but still...

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
I assume that computer background being exclusively pictures of favourite skaters doesn't even need to be mentioned but still...

Lucky for me, a tennis-mad workmate has her heroes plastered all over her computer background and cubicle walls, so my revolving computer wallpaper doesn't get more than a passing glance... or at least until it got to some of the more, umm, spectacular fanart :luv17:

elegance

Words are my skates.
Rinkside
When you dream of working as Eteri's office assistant... even though you don't speak Russian. :)

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
When you're at work a few hours before the ACI men's short program and measure out exactly how much you need of something on the first try for the first time ever, and your immediate thought is not happiness that you're getting better at your job, but, "I wonder if this is a good sign for Yuzu later!??"