You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 25 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

elegance

Words are my skates.
Rinkside
Welcome, and oh yes, the fellow feeling here is so strong....

Thank you ever so much for this. I'd been lurking for a while, and I decided it was high time to make it official and join this forum properly. :)

Jeanie19

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You know you are a figure skating fan when you spend your Sunday, doing detective work on when Evgenia Medvedeva was in Charleston, South Carolina working on her free program with Shae-Lynn Bourne. :laugh:

el henry

Go have some cake. And come back with jollity.
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You know you are a figure skating fan when you spend your Sunday, doing detective work on when Evgenia Medvedeva was in Charleston, South Carolina working on her free program with Shae-Lynn Bourne. :laugh:

Or staring at IG posts to see whether Jason was in Oakland again this week working with Rohene:laugh: I admire the dedication of the Zhenya FF, you were amazing;)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Or staring at IG posts to see whether Jason was in Oakland again this week working with Rohene

Or go squint-eyed trying to decide if that smudgy dark blur at the back of a TCC photo has hair or legs quite long enough to be who we think it is or isn't..... :unsure:

ruga

Final Flight
...when the first thing that pops on your auto correct after typing 'Anna' is 'Shcherbakova'

Beckaboomer

Final Flight
...when the first thing that pops on your auto correct after typing 'Anna' is 'Shcherbakova'

Oh I feel you there.. in fact, mine is even sadder since all I have to type is the letter “H” and iPhone corrects to “Hanyu” immediately.

Also... when you’ve spent literal days crafting and customizing multiple playlists of your favorite skating performances.

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
You drive 2 days to Boston to see Gracie. You drive 2 days to Philadelphia *in the hopes of* seeing Gracie.

Triple loop

Rinkside
When I listen to classical music, I can remember certain individuals skating to a particular piece. I recall Kwan’s Lyra Angelica, Zayak’s Reverie by Debussy, and Asada’s Rachmaninoff in 2014. That’s when I know I am hooked.

lopsilceci

On the Ice
Country
Mexico
When you go to Dairy Queen and read the "only at DQ" on your Blizzard as: "only at Don Quixote" :palmf: :p

NoviceFan

Triple Something-Triple Looping
Medalist
When an otherwise unremarkable summer intern stands out to you because he, too, is a figure skating fan :laugh: (there is nobody else where I work; to clarify, said summer intern has stellar academic credentials, but they all do...)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
When I listen to classical music, I can remember certain individuals skating to a particular piece. I recall Kwan’s Lyra Angelica, Zayak’s Reverie by Debussy, and Asada’s Rachmaninoff in 2014. That’s when I know I am hooked.

As I mentioned earlier, it gets even worse when the 'real' (aka the composer's) music starts sounding wrong because you've listened to the skater's cut too often :con2:

moonvine

All Hail Queen Gracie
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you’re checking GS from a rest area in...West Virginia I think? On your way back from Philly. Less than 800 miles to go!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You happily put up 94-odd dollars for a DVD, throw in a second worth near 50 and don't even blink at the postage and the fact that they won't arrive till mid-October...

And then think "blu-ray too? just in case?"

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
When you go to Google the name of a musician with a Z near the beginning of his name, misspell it, and get Zagitova and Zayak as autocorrect suggestions.

rinkside_user

On the Ice
When you are misreading every second headline with "underrated" in it (e.g. underrated choreographers) as "underrotated." Apparently, I was not the only one, see thread.

hanyuufan5

Medalist
When you were all proud of your improved edge quality, then watch the snippets of Jason Brown's Schindler's List, think, "Nope, my edges still stink," and go practice edges for an hour on a day you weren't even planning on skating. :laugh:

hanyuufan5

Medalist
When have a day off from work, but you're up even earlier than usual to watch the JGP.

When you start theorizing on who would be your favorite video game characters' favorite skaters.

When you wish you could see two of your favorite band members pair skate, and even though probably neither of them can skate in the first place, it still makes you sad that their two-inch height difference makes pairs pretty much impossible.

Ichatdelune

Long live the Queen and her successors
Record Breaker
Country
South-Korea
When you plan your precious leave days centered around the GP circuit, and also when you start thinking of a sneaky way to install a VPN on the work computer just to watch the JGP for like 10 minutes

LadyB

Record Breaker
When you're working with two computer screens in the office: Screen 1) Work; Screen 2) JGP... in the middle of the desk your mobile phone, also with JGP and your earphones in, so that in case of any glitches you won't miss anything...