You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 10 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
when you (being a male) watch a youtube make up tutorial... because it's gabby daleman doing it.

OK, You win.:rofl: I watched a make up tutorial done by Maia Shibutani, because it’s Maia. But I am a girl.

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
...when you were watching some Kayne/O'Shea performances and happen to come across a video of Danny 'giving a makeup tutorial', with Tarah as his model. You decide to check it out and have a good laugh watching it.

Reminds me of this video I found when making the Fan Fest for the Gjersem twins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Kjwf3PQxE

Camilla Marie Gjersem gets her make-up done by Sondre Oddvoll Bøe.

It's in Norwegian, but don't worry - there are English subtitles.

Enjoy! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
Reminds me of this video I found when making the Fan Fest for the Gjersem twins:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=63Kjwf3PQxE

Camilla Marie Gjersem gets her make-up done by Sondre Oddvoll Bøe.

It's in Norwegian, but don't worry - there are English subtitles.

Enjoy! :biggrin:

CaroLiza_fan

:laugh2: After watching these videos, I am so glad that I don't have to try applying makeup (for myself or someone else) as I would fail so hard... :slink:

ETA:

Maybe slightly OT, but I found this video and it made me smile during this off season lull https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cIP7dP4Dekk it's the friends' theme with figure skaters' shenaningans!

[I died at Scott's part in the stands... you know which one]

Not OT at all, thanks for sharing. I especially enjoyed Yuzuru's 'butt spin' on the ice :)

Sam-Skwantch

“I solemnly swear I’m up to no good”
Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When you notice the June 5th expiration date on your milk carton (not bag ;) ) is your favorite skaters bday :laugh:

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
...you're thankful that junior grand prixes start in August and help shorten the offseason.

QuadThrow

Medalist
-you wake up your mom (who sometimes watches FS with you but is not as mad about it as you) at 5 am to announce her that Aliona Savchenko has won the Olympics and you are crying and can't stop

Wow. This is me.😍

My mom called herself not strong enough to watch Paris SP and FS in poenychang due Bruno's possible mistakes.

After Aljona's and Bruno's FS I called her and told her to get up and watch it now. But she refused me and said she is going to read the results in some hours.

After Evgenia fell on the STh I called my mom again and said:" It is Gold."

She did not stop watching this FS the whole week and I am sure she is still watching it.

NanaPat

Record Breaker
Country
Canada
You know you're a figure skating fan when...

the JUMBLE word is RIPPLE, but you make LIPPER instead and are puzzled when it isn't accepted.

somnius96

Rinkside
... When you rant to your friends for an entire week after every competition
... when you're reading Anna Karenina and get a little too excited that there's a chapter with skating in it
... when you rewatch your favourite programms over and over again and still cry like a baby
... when you have figure skater's pictures taped to your wall
... when you force your family and friends to watch your favourite programs
... when you've taught one of your friends to recognize every jump, spin, choreo movement, etc. just so someone will understand what you're talking about.
... when you get mad at a skater for rushing or skipping that tiny move or part of the program that has zero relevance, but you love
... when you're still bitter because of the results of competitions that happened literally years ago
... when you spend several days crying and sobbing because your fave retired :sad21: