You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 12 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

largeman

choice beef
Medalist
...when you know all there is to know about bagged milk (by frequenting the Goldens Skate Forums)

CaroLiza_fan

EZETTIE LATUASV IVAKMHA
Record Breaker
Country
Northern-Ireland
...when you know all there is to know about bagged milk (by frequenting the Goldens Skate Forums)

...when you know that bagged milk even exists!

I never knew it was a thing until that thread appeared. And I am pretty sure that the same is the case for most people in Europe!

CaroLiza_fan

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
i think we live in the same country ;)

The True North strong and free (but not free from bagged milk ;))! . Bagged milk is taking over GS one thread at a time (the first step to world domination)...:dev2:

DorYiu

Let’s go crazy
On the Ice
The True North strong and free (but not free from bagged milk ;))! . Bagged milk is taking over GS one thread at a time (the first step to world domination)...:dev2:

Definitely new fun fact for me to learn, I think now I know a bit too much about bagged milk... :drama:

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
You know you're a skating fan when:

-When you hear a beautiful piece of music you start doing the choreography to your skating solo and practice in your living room.
-You remember the names of the skaters who won the Oympics or World championships, but you can't remember your cell phone # when asked...lol
-you watch skaters from twenty or sixty years ago on youtube and relive past champions performances
- you sign up for summer skating when everyone else is heading to the beach!

ladyjane

Medalist
Country
Netherlands
You know you're a skating fan when:

-When you hear a beautiful piece of music you start doing the choreography to your skating solo and practice in your living room.
-You remember the names of the skaters who won the Oympics or World championships, but you can't remember your cell phone # when asked...lol
-you watch skaters from twenty or sixty years ago on youtube

Haha, yes, your second one!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
...on a hot scorching summer day, you watch some figure skating videos to cool off (accompanied with air conditioning and ice cream of course ;)).

Sorrento

Record Breaker
.... when you have to put up with all the frills and feathers your favorite MALE figure skater is wearing... You just pray and make peace with all of that again and again... Hoping (in vain) this will never happen again. To no avail...
... when you periodically question your sanity due to all sorts of reasons brought to you by wins, costumes, music choices, records, falls, injuries, comebacks, etc, etc.

Literally nothing can shock and old figure skating fan. You've seen it all.

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
...you greet comeback news with open arms (Yuna, Mao, Patrick, Tessa/Scott, Carolina, and now Daisuke) :)

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
I'm bumping up this thread because I think many of us can use a little cheer during this difficult time. The past few days have made me realize just how special the figure skating community really is. I hope you get at least a smile from rereading what fellow members have posted on what makes us unique. I will add another one to the list:

You know you're a figure skating fan when you realize that you are part of a tight-knit international community that is comprised of fans, reporters, skaters, coaches, choreographers, and federations that sets aside its differences and demonstrates solidarity in times of hardship :ghug:.

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
I hope it's okay to resurrect this thread again!

...you not only have favorite skaters, you have favorite commentators!

...you cry way more while watching figure skating than about real life (or for the more mathematically inclined, your crying rate can be modeled as something like: crying-about-FS = 2^(crying-about-RL) or crying-about-FS = (crying-about-RL)^4)

...you make skating goals based on your favorite skaters, e.g. "I want Yuzu's jump entrances and hydroblade and Denis Ten's twizzles and Daisuke Takahashi's step sequences and..."

...you write "carrots" on your shopping list as "<<"

...you get even angrier at someone you disapprove of if they look like a skater or have the same name, because how dare they besmirch _____'s image by acting like a jerk while having a similar name/face!?

...if you have the same name as a skater, and people have trouble with it, you wish you could say, "Tarasova, like Evgenia or Tatiana!" but the person you're talking to wouldn't know who they are...

...the person you're driving with makes a sharp left turn, and you think, "That was way too deep a left forward outside edge... "

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
...you survived the 2017-2018 offseason :drama:

...you took two days off work for non-FS related reasons but you ended up spending a majority of them watching the first JGP :biggrin:

WeakAnkles

Record Breaker
...you ask the morgue to please reschedule your funeral for three days hence, so you can watch the GPF.

:drama:

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
you know you are a figure skating fan, when you have planned to skip work to attend Skate Canada :) full event pass here we come!

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
Music on the radio sounds wrong - like stepping on a step that isn't there - because you are so used to the skating programs that the real ones... well, sound wrong.

Ulrica

On the Ice
You take advantage of a work related trip to go to ACI (hopefully if I get a ticket :laugh: )