You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When... | Page 13 | Golden Skate

You Know You're a Figure Skating Fan When...

NoNameFace

GS given name - Beatrice
Record Breaker
... You watch JGP event on public transport a id curious glances saying 'weirdo' :laugh:

invisiblespiral

Record Breaker
When some random person on the internet writes a fanfic involving figure skating and you get angry because THAT'S NOT HOW OLYMPIC QUALIFYING, DRUG TESTS, AND BRITISH MALE FIGURE SKATING WORKS. AND I KNOW THIS IS SET IN THE REAL WORLD, SINCE JACKIE WONG SOMEHOW EXISTS. ALSO, HOW DO YOU EXPLAIN THIS AND THIS???

(sorry... :slink: )

IndiaP12

iliabot wakabot gumennikbot team korea stan
Final Flight
Country
New-Zealand
When you listen to all the music of your fav skaters (on the bus to school this morning I listened to Alena’s SP music like 5 times over because I’m probably going to die waiting to see it, same with Anna last week [emoji23]🤦🏼*♀️)

TallyT

Record Breaker
Country
Australia
You wake up to hear that Yuzu's media day is happening and your first thought is.... "well there goes any work today..."

hanyuufan5

✨**:。*
Medalist
...you have an extra clock on your computer for the time zone of the next competition you're watching live.

Dr. Jenn

Medalist
When you use skaters' names in math problems that you give your students ;) I just did that in my classes today!

iluvtodd

Record Breaker
Country
United-States
When a skater acknowledges your good wishes for him/her on Facebook, Twitter, & Instagram!

BillNeal

You Know I'm a FS Fan...
Record Breaker
...you are reading the 250th post of this thread compiled by fellow dedicated FS fans :).

4everchan

Record Breaker
Country
Martinique
.you know you are a figure skating fan when you are forum friends with ^^.. the poster of the 250th post on this thread fantasize about stolbova-bilodeau as a new pair

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
You post on Facebook how you'e looking forward to another new season of Figure Skating and new FS talent on the horizon.....lol

Ducky

On the Ice
You're annoying your tennis friends whilst watching the US Open because you keep accidentally referring to Medevev as Medeveva.

Ladskater

~ Figure Skating Is My Passion ~
Record Breaker
You take your old faithful figure skates out of the closet and lovingly clean them....even though you might not be hitting the ice anytime soon. lol

skatingfan4ever

"Our blade takes us in the most amazing places."
Medalist
Country
United-States
You choose to blog about your favorite figure skater occasionally, knowing full well that your blog is read by your non-hardcore-fan friends. This means you have to share time stamps for everything you point out, write out the element names, and explain how the competitive season works. But, you do all this extra work because you want to share life lessons that you have learned through being a fan of this skater. These blog posts take forever, but it's worth every second, because it gives you a reason to indulge yourself in your favorite skater. THE MOST ENJOYABLE RESEARCH PROCESS EVER!!! :agree2: